Pages:
Author

Topic: Asic.to Firmware S17+ 95th/s • T17+ 80th/s T17 40w/t • S17/T17 on over 200k Asic - page 2. (Read 8382 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1556
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
I don't know what chat logs are you talking about, but they don't involve me personally. So, whatever taserz. Your personal agenda is not my problem. You seem to be confusing me with somebody else... Since you are so confused and cant stop somehow making strange accusations, I'll just leave you in peace, i said what i wanted to say and ideally my previous message would have gone into that locked thread.
Activity: 799
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Just because you rewrote what we wrote in another language doesn't make it different. You can write yours in rust, javascript fucking assembly it's still copying our IP the Zero similarities claim you just made is far from correct and we all know this. I can pull up chat logs where braiins has stated we corrupt eeproms so it's irrelevant you are taking back your words now...

Also sure you can it's not like your using the whole entire nand and using an open source bootloader is not the end of the world. Hell linux has Wine for a reason Wink If you're going to offer someone a product they can just throw a sd card into to install you should make it just that easy to uninstall. The industry is not all neck beards and I had to make a canned response for directing people how to uninstall...

No signature checking... I won't even go down that road now.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1556
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Quote from: taserz
That is how our firmware was loaded via SD prior to version 2. We made it flash to and because everyone ended up keeping it. Also we don't write to the eeprom that's hive/msk. Talk to Edward about this if your confused I even clarified this to him. Hence corrupt eeprom they flashed some shit firmware when the PIC can do it all. Also a mod would use the eprom. A full driver rewrite what we do and what you guys copied to get our features doesn't utilize the eeprom. The thing about bashing us is your in the wrong for stealing someone else's work and rewriting it to be your own. Think about that.

I didn't say it was yours in particular that corrupts the eeproms, did i? But have fun twisting my words for your convenience.

There are no pissing contests, the results are out there. Next time, read Bitmain's documentation on how to reflash their firmware from sd and stop blaming it on others. Its a different OS duh. Why don't you blame Apple when your Windows game doesn't "install easy" in your Mac OS?.

None of my words were specifically meaning your firmware in particular, for you taking it this personally that is your own personal issue.

"Autotuning" is a "feature", beyond the name, there are zero similarities. You don't even use the Rust language. Are you using your own miner or Con Kolivas work? Did you comply with his license? If you did, good for you...

Notice that its you mentioning other firmware by name, i never mentioned yours in particular, so there is no confusion on MY part, read very well what i wrote in that thread which was conveniently locked before i could even reply.

I did object of you saying that Braiins OS is "making it hard to remove it", no it isn't. Its ANOTHER OS, not based on Bitmain's, and the flash image facility simply doesn't work because its incompatible, it is NOT locked. Can YOU make a flash image compatible with Openwrt/Braiins OS to directly flash your own firmware from the Braiins OS UI? Then why YOU don't do it? There is no signature checking, nothing is stopping you, and you even have access to the source code.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
I just wanted to clear the confusion because in your first post it did seem (to me at least) that you managed to get rid of the latest firmware using only BTC tool, but your post was really useful since I didn't know the latest firmware was even flashble using Sdcard, it was not a few months ago, I don't know what has changed since then, and it does not really matter, it's good news nonetheless.

As far as flashing from the browser, I personally don't find it confusing, although I do understand why some people find it difficult to understand if the flash went through or not, I think it takes time to get used to the poor GUI of these miners.
Activity: 4
Merit: 1
I think I did try uploading using the default browser and it did work, but I just got more comfortable using BTC Tools.   I liked the firmware upload status information better in BTC Tools.   I felt that it gives you a better confirmation on successful flashes, as I could always tell if it was or was not successful in BTC Tools.  In the browser, I felt like I had to reboot so that I can check to confirm if the flash was successful as it wasn't always obvious after flashing.
legendary
Thanks for responding, it's great to know that this Sd version works for the latest firmware, however, the confusion isn't totally cleared, after you put the "sd_set_default_password_enhanced_0527_S17Pro.7z" on an SDcard and insert that Sdcard into the miner and perform the flash you should be able to upload any firmware directly from the browser, why did you have to use BTC tool for that?
To confirm, the latest stock firmware installed on my antminer see screenshot below.

https://imgur.com/IbuC7nG

I was instructed to go to the page below to reset my controller board by the reseller.

https://service.bitmain.com/support/download?product=Flashing%20SD%20card%20with%20image

I used the "sd_set_default_password_enhanced_0527_S17Pro.7z" firmware. I was then able to use BTC Tools to install any firmware. (Changed password to root in "sd_set_default_password_enhanced_0527_S17Pro.7z" before installing firmware to work with BTC Tools).

Also I've installed HiveOS, Asic.to, and other overclock firmware. I must have done it a million different times.
legendary
So off I went worried about signature and sd card issues, I read about regarding the latest stock firmware.

Using BTC Tools I successfully installed overclocking firmware.   I initially had Hiveos overclock install, but because I don't have anything in their ecosystem I decided to try Asic.to.

Would you please elaborate more? How were you able to get rid of the latest stock firmware? as far as I know, even with the Sdcard it's not possible anymore unless the latest firmware they recently uploaded has some different signatures.
I'm new here, but I just got a used S17 Pro 53 that is now running this firmware.

As luck would have it, my used S17 Pro has the dreaded temperature sensor failure in chain #2.   The initial troubleshooting had me revert back to the original firmware and then upgrade to the latest stock firmware.

I've must done the firmware update procedure a dozen times, but every time chain #2 would not pass the temperature sensor check and would never hash.  I limped along at about 40T for about a few weeks.

I read that the overclock firmware would potentially override the temperature sensor error that prevented the chain from hashing.  So off I went worried about signature and sd card issues, I read about regarding the latest stock firmware.

Using BTC Tools I successfully installed overclocking firmware.   I initially had Hiveos overclock install, but because I don't have anything in their ecosystem I decided to try Asic.to.

So after the long wait for auto tuning, I can report that all of my chains are now hashing.

I have my miner set at 58T @ 600 MHz / 2100 W auto tune (56.5T avg and 2243w reported in miner console).   It's been less then 24 hours, but its all running good.

Thanks!
legendary
On that note, anyone know of an ASIC repair company/person stateside?

Where are you located? there is a repair center in North Carolina, you can check my "Where to fix your Asic miners" topic for clues, also any repair discussion is welcome there.
Activity: 438
Merit: 15
It seems to be the same file on their website, nothing special.

On that note, anyone know of an ASIC repair company/person stateside?
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
If you confirm that this SD card file allows you to go from S19 to T17 + (or other) then yes, this is interesting for us (developers)

If you have trouble sharing this file with us, here's an easy link;)

https://easyupload.io/
legendary
Here is the name of the file they sent to me.

T17+/FT-B整机测试刷机SD卡母片

When I upload it, there is some large red-print that says "test Firmware".

Almost all control boards of the 17/19 series that are bought separately from Bitmain (not with a mining gear) come with a firmware that says "Test Firmware" in bold red, which allows you to flash any other firmware, but the version they sent you could be a different one and it might be useful to some devs like thierry4wd and Marc, so could you please upload it and paste the link here?
Here is the name of the file they sent to me.

T17+/FT-B整机测试刷机SD卡母片

When I upload it, there is some large red-print that says "test Firmware".

I actually found a local buyer that has several machines and he will be using this one for parts. Just hate not being able to fix this thing.
legendary
so it is no longer possible to go back because bitmain has totally locked flashing by sd card in their firmware 19 ... probably to avoid secondary firmware lol

Then what was all that about

They emailed me some master reset/Test Firmware that I have been trying and still are having the issue.

I do understand that Bitmain support is terrible, but this basic information that they should know, no? I would like to see what's in the master reset firmware they sent and if it's any different from that default-test firmware that comes with the separately purchased control board, jimjam123 can you upload the firmware they sent you?
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
In fact, you just can't ... switch a card with firmware 17 to 19 is possible but the opposite is not!

In fact, even the 19 control boards bought as spare parts, some come with firmware 17, and bitmain invites us to flash firmware 19 on top ... doing this LOCKs the board under firmware 19 !! ! so it is no longer possible to go back because bitmain has totally locked flashing by sd card in their firmware 19 ... probably to avoid secondary firmware lol

https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/900003173106-Instructions-for-setting-up-your-new-S19-control-board
legendary
It may be a lost cause at this point and may need to send it into Bitmain for repair, which I totally do not want to do.

I think you shouldn't send it to bitmain, they will likely keep it forever, what I would do is put this one out for sale, I am sure someone with many S19s would want a spare control board, and then get another T17 control board from someone else and make sure it has the 17 series firmware on it and not the S19.

With that being said, expect the buyer to contact you saying the control board didn't work on their S19 either, where are you located? I might help you locate some resellers to help you sell/buy/exchange the control boards.
@jimjam123, where did you buy it from?

I bought it from ebay. The guy said he will give me my $50 back if it doesnt work.

I have also been emailing with Bitmain, and they dont seem to know what to do either. They emailed me some master reset/Test Firmware that I have been trying and still are having the issue.

I am able to load awesome miner and it is doing the same thing.

I changed the ribbons too.

It may be a lost cause at this point and may need to send it into Bitmain for repair, which I totally do not want to do.
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
I stand corrected.

But still, I doubt asic.to works on that control board.
legendary
Also, X17 and X19 do not share same control board afaik.

It's stated other wise on thier website:

For the S19 series control board purchased from our official website, please upgrade to the correct and latest firmware as you will notice that the S19 control board has been pre-set with the S17 firmware. There are two methods to upgrade from S17 firmware to S19 firmware: Online upgrading and SD Card upgrading.

No matter which method you choose, the control board needs to be restarted after upgrading. Please wait for more than 30 seconds to turn on the OTP function. It can't be powered off during this process. Power failure will cause the OTP function to fail to turn on which also damage the control board.

Even though they sell them separately on their website, they do seem pretty similar if you ask me, but I don't trust Bitmain so ya, could be another mistake.

@jimjam123, where did you buy it from?
Pages:
Jump to: