Pages:
Author

Topic: Asic.to Firmware S17+ 95th/s • T17+ 80th/s T17 40w/t • S17/T17 on over 200k Asic - page 3. (Read 8400 times)

Activity: 604
Merit: 416
No, no and NOOOO. Why would you do this? This firmware is not compatible with X19 miners. Go to bitmain and download your original firmware and flash it back.

A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶X̶1̶7̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶X̶1̶9̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶a̶f̶a̶i̶k̶.̶
Activity: 441
Merit: 15
Hello,
Just looking for a little help.

I have an T17+ with a bad control board.
I picked up an S19 control board that seems to be the same (same #'s underneath their Bitmain stamp/same configuration of plugs/etc)..

I tried flashing, via sd card, the firmware onto the new board.
Two of the three green lights on top of the board blink and that's about it.
It still has the S19 firmware on it.
Any tricks to getting this done?
Thanks,
Activity: 67
Merit: 0
Accessing asic.to website gives a big warning as of today:

Code:
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from asic.to (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Expired SSL certificate?
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
Thank you, will do.

I confirmed from Taserz that my previous reply is accurate, for your S17 pro you should indeed use the S17 version.

Good luck.
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
legendary
As far as I know, S17 Pro and S17 (non-pro) use the same exact firmware, so you can use the S17 version for your S17 Pro, I am 99.99% sure about this theory but to be 100% sure wait for Tazy to confirm it, you can also reach out to him on Telegram where he is most active.
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
Which firmware is for the s17 Pro?

Just want to be sure before I go tinkering around.

Also how does this compare to vnish and brainsos+ firmwares out there?
Activity: 801
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Prior to their A10xx on up there was no real need for 3rd party FW because they implemented quite a sizeable laundry list of things you can tweak.

What info do you have on that?

Also, let's just say I had some friends help get them to open the source code publicly.

There is a reason they don't want to give that out. Also, what does Kano know? I just had to patch a bug that has been in cgminer for god knows how long and it took a week to figure out where it was. (I am kidding Kano about what do you know trying to not trigger you).

Give people power of overclocking but they break warranty if they do OC) or user who pushed his gear too far because he doesn't know anything about OC-ing.

Yes, a lot of us would be happy if Bitmain did include awesome new customizable firmware. But realistically, that is NEVER going to happen.

Now Cannan/MicroBT are different stories, they could do something like that and maybe even become bigger than Bitmain over years when people figure out how much better their firmware and machines are. But that is also a dream... A dream that will probably never come true as Bitmain is here to stay it seems. And stay AT TOP that is.

Hey how do you know my pitch...

Also MicroBT does not like firmware. I have bitched at them back and forth for months and they patched every secuirty exploit they thought we were using. Luckily they are fucking horrible at security and there are so many flaws to get in... Stay tuned.
True true... But let's shatter my dream a bit with cold reality.

Why would Bitmain give such a good firmware to everyone? I mean, you are correct mikey, if people are already paying such premiums, why would they given anything in return? Maybe they could start selling firmwares as addition (+50$ cost or something like that) to miners, but that would probably be a hassle for them.

Also, one more reason they will *probably* never do something like that:
S17Pro

Just look at it, after newest firmware of S9 (which came with incremental speeds) this is the only miner that came with multiple speeds IIRC. What did it accomplish? Nothing... Turbo just made more gears break and even Normal wasn't stable on all of them.

Now imagine giving power of overclocking to newbie, who is rich AF and just bought 50k units and starts overclocking all of them to the roof because he has cheap electricity and he wants to fully use his gear. He is going to break at least 30% of his gear by overvolting. Be that PSU or burned hashboards due to high temps or whatever else that could happen. Now who is here to blame? Bitmain that supposedly gave people power of overclocking and also gave warranty with it (which they would never do - one more problem here. Give people power of overclocking but they break warranty if they do OC) or user who pushed his gear too far because he doesn't know anything about OC-ing.

Yes, a lot of us would be happy if Bitmain did include awesome new customizable firmware. But realistically, that is NEVER going to happen.

Now Cannan/MicroBT are different stories, they could do something like that and maybe even become bigger than Bitmain over years when people figure out how much better their firmware and machines are. But that is also a dream... A dream that will probably never come true as Bitmain is here to stay it seems. And stay AT TOP that is.
legendary
Well, that will be something, I already see a few issues beforehand from trust to money, will MicroBT pay these devs more money than what they already make? will they trust them not to release any parts of it? are the devs willing to go to China?  Roll Eyes

A couple more obstacles are ahead, the most important one is the financial incentives for MicroBT/Bitmain, what is the motive to hire and pay these devs when people are paying a premium for gears that are subject to ROI in well over 1.5 years and come with their shitty firmware? motives are close to zero, business is going fine the way it is now.

With that being said, and as we have discussed in the difficulty thread, the more we advance in this technology, chip size alone won't be the all and end all of it, getting the last bit of your gear out through the firmware will be everybody's interest, at one point in the future everyone will want to have a firmware that can tune their gears to get the max benefits be it more hashrate or more efficiency, when that time comes, I don't see why these giants manufuturer couldn't use the help of people like Tas and Thierry.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Imagine big companies like Bitmain and MicroBT buying out small developers like Taserz/Vnish/Thierry/Chipless, and instead of custom firmwares being made, they make awesome default firmwares which everyone would love!

Imagine that dream coming true... Dream on!

^^ So spot-on, one of the few times I quote in entirety. Merit given Cheesy

Or... Talk to Steve the Global Marketing Director (afaik) at Canaan and strike up a deal. He's here in the Forum and quite approachable. Sounds like a perfect Marketing tool for them - out of the box tweakability. (like Avalons *used* to have...) Wink

Prior to their A10xx on up there was no real need for 3rd party FW because they implemented quite a sizeable laundry list of things you can tweak.

A10xx on up uses what they call FMS vs straight-up cgminer/BMminer and previous OpenWrT/LuCi. Not sure how much of the API is directly supported but - it still has exceedingly good hooks for gathering data and tweaking performance down to the chip level.

Problem is, while basics for setting freq, fan speed, Vcore and a few other bits of Kano's cgminer API is of course supported Canaan has been less than helpful giving us back our switches... Speaking of which, even Kano with his very good dev contacts at Canaan has not been able to get much out of them about what what all the API or lower-level FMS switches are. Think you folks could strike up a deal with them?
Funny enough... You know I will just wait on this one.
Imagine big companies like Bitmain and MicroBT buying out small developers like Taserz/Vnish/Thierry/Chipless, and instead of custom firmwares being made, they make awesome default firmwares which everyone would love!

Imagine that dream coming true... Dream on!
legendary
Always have a special place in my heart xD

Thanks Marc, it's great to know that I am special and you trust me.  Roll Eyes

There is a reason need to keep it private and it's because MicroBT doesn't like firmware and because they don't like firmware that means they are terrorists. THAT'S RIGHT I ACCUSED THEM

If they don't want custom firmware on their mining gears they should at least develop one that works as people need it to work, the fact that people use custom firmware and pay fees on top of that is clear evidence that these stock firmware suck big time, if they want to kick you guys out of the market all they have to do is make a firmware that does it's job the way it is supposed to, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
Always have a special place in my heart xD

We can make it happen so you can try it out. There is a reason need to keep it private and it's because MicroBT doesn't like firmware and because they don't like firmware that means they are terrorists. THAT'S RIGHT I ACCUSED THEM
legendary
I don't fit under the "big clients" category by any means  Grin, I also don't have that many MicroBT gears, although I plan to get rid of all Bitmain Asics and move to MicroBT, the recent price spike and the pandemic came in the way, my gears were supposed to be at least 30-40% MicroBT by now, but for now the numbers favor the fact that I don't sell/buy any gears and just mine on with what I have.

Having said that, once I migrate all the available power I have from Bitmain to MicroBT gears, I would love to try the custom firmware.
mikeywith was interested in WhatsMiner firmware, not sure if he personally wanted it or not.

I guess since you mentioned that both the T17 and the T17e firmware are doing good then I suppose the T17+ should work just fine on a proper machine, it seems like thierry finally cracked the 17 series secret, I hope he and all the other firmware devs start looking into MicroBT gears, there is no custom firmware for all the MicroBT gears, although MicroBT has sold many more gears than Bitmain did for the past couple of months.
Working on S17e and T17e. It's almost done

WhatsMiner firmware soon to come. Big clients feel free to reach out as big clients will get to demo it before the public to prevent WM from trying to patch it.
Hey guys, I see earlier in the thread there was mention of the asic.to firmware working with the S17e's? Is this correct? Don't see it on the website available for download, unless you just use the S17 version of the firmware.

No, there was no mention of asic.to firmware working with S17e or T17e. And no, that is not correct, it does not support it.

You can use it for T/S17 (Pro) and S17+.
Pages:
Jump to: