Pages:
Author

Topic: Asic.to Firmware S17+ 95th/s • T17+ 80th/s T17 40w/t • S17/T17 on over 200k Asic - page 6. (Read 8400 times)

Activity: 604
Merit: 416
[...]

What he said. *read a post above mine*

I have many times.
What's your point?

My point is... Have you had any success? If not, why did you stop bothering them, gave up?
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
[...]

I don't disagree with whatever you said, but allow me to ask you a few questions and I would appreciate it if you would answer me "politely" ( I know I am asking for too much from you  Grin).

Bitmain and almost every other mining gear manufacturer sell their miners with a firmware which is based on Cgminer, almost NONE of them provides the source code even upon request (Except for Avalon IIRC), so in short, they all are violating the license because they don't sell you a mining gear unloaded, it has the firmware INSIDE it.

Mind you that is not only Chinese manufacturers, some manufacturers like Obelisk located in Massachusetts also do the same exact thing, so it seems like nobody gives a **** about the license or everyone's lawyer told them it was ok to do so because it's strange to see a dozen of people breaking a license for nearly a decade now and yet nobody went to jail for that, please elaborate why doesn't anyone seem to care but you, and why don't you or anyone else sue all these people for breaking the license?
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Not really condoning violation of licenses, but while you are on strike spree, would you mind contacting Bitmain so they can provide theirs?
I have many times.
What's your point?
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
Reminder to those helping violate the cgminer license.

No one can distribute a firmware that includes any cgminer binary - called cgminer or bmminer or anything else - without providing the source code on request.

This is a requirement of the cgminer code.
The code is free to use, you can read it, compile it, run it, distribute it, as long as you don't violate the license.
Many people put YEARS more effort into developing it than these scumbags violating the license.

It is not some random request, it is specified clearly in every file of source code for cgminer.

The OP seems to think he can ignore this requirement.
He also makes the bazaar claim that he has some dodgy lawyer who thinks he can ignore the license also.
That's bullshit. He is wrong.

Using his firmware is simply supporting breaking the license and makes you just as bad as him.

Not really condoning violation of licenses, but while you are on strike spree, would you mind contacting Bitmain so they can provide theirs?
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Reminder to those helping violate the cgminer license.

No one can distribute a firmware that includes any cgminer binary - called cgminer or bmminer or anything else - without providing the source code on request.

This is a requirement of the cgminer code.
The code is free to use, you can read it, compile it, run it, distribute it, as long as you don't violate the license.
Many people put YEARS more effort into developing it than these scumbags violating the license.

It is not some random request, it is specified clearly in every file of source code for cgminer.

The OP seems to think he can ignore this requirement.
He also makes the bazaar claim that he has some dodgy lawyer who thinks he can ignore the license also.
That's bullshit. He is wrong.

Using his firmware is simply supporting breaking the license and makes you just as bad as him.
Activity: 801
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Hi,

I run an Antminer T17 with Asic.to firmware.
I go on setup 45T and i got an average hashrate of 43T, that's not so bad but on my nicehash account it give me only 36T.

Do you know the reason of it?

Thanks

Let it run for 24 hours to get your average.
Yeah I wish we could make it work with a dead chip but it takes out 4 with it.
legendary
I think disabling the hashboard due to a bad chip is not something the firmware does for no reason if you could technically mine with 1 chip why wouldn't they just allow you to do so?

Above is an image of T17 hashboard and how do "electrons travel", those Asics are connected to one another, every miner design is different, I remember S9s had some different domains of chips where some boards could run with few chips, I don't think the T17 will let you do that.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
little question : i have a t17 with a hashboard with 3 defectives ASIC, 27 still ok but the original firmware turn off completly the hashboar. is you firmware can use the 27 asics and disable the 3 defectives one to continue working anyway?
I can check that by running a low hash rate where the fans turn at 10% or so and then jacking the fans up to 100% and see what the watt meter reports.  I'll try that later today too!

Is this a pro unit?
Activity: 277
Merit: 70
I can check that by running a low hash rate where the fans turn at 10% or so and then jacking the fans up to 100% and see what the watt meter reports.  I'll try that later today too!
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Four fans at 2 amps each and 12 volts = 8 x 12 or 96 watts

controller is about 10 watts so 96 + 10 = 106. which is just about equal to your  110 watt difference.

my guess is the asic firmware at 2360 watts is hash boards only.

@coxye. my bad t17+ is still bad 2 of three boards are good.

@vr4dude316

it is most likely a software glitch.  you should always check pool rates on the miner gui and on the pool.

it would be nice if the pool gets those high readings like the miner gui shows.
[...]

Meter installed yesterday, here is what I got:

62TH/s autotune:
asic firmware = 2360
old wattmeter = 2550
NEW INLINE METER = 49.4 KWH/20 hours = 2.47 or 2470W

Looks like firmware wattage reporting is still off by over 100w on this setting, but my old meter was indeed "hot" as suspected.  I'm going to drop it down to 58TH and measure again and see how close that one is.

taserz - The asic reading on your miner was 2532W - why is mine so much lower?

freq are 650, 650, and 646.67.  Autotune voltage is 18.0.  Did yours tune to a higher voltage?  170W seems like a lot.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
philipma1957 has your hash rate returned to normal?
legendary
here is the meter

https://i.imgur.com/SUmBDs5.jpg

it is spliced into this

https://i.imgur.com/QaA68LG.jpg

here is the cable that would run an s17 with no meter spliced in

https://i.imgur.com/MUoHeYQ.jpg

10 hour measurements are really accurate.
Thanks again!  I swapped the meters, but unfortunately hooked the transformer up to line voltage and vice versa.... POP.  UHOH, bad smells...that meter is not happy now  Undecided.

Hooked up original and everything is ok with miner, but it still reads high.

I went ahead and ordered one like yours and I will hook it up when it comes and report the results.  I like the idea of wiring it right into the cord.  I have an extra cord and will wire that one up while the miner runs then do a quick swap.  Don't suppose you'd be willing to snap a pic of yours?
legendary
Thanks Phil,  what watt meter do you use?  I may look into getting one of those!

I have two identical meters like the one I posted.  I'll swap and see what it turns up, also do you suppose the leg I have the transformer on matters?  it shouldn't since this only pulls 220v unlike say a stove which also pulls 110v for the various electronics, in theory that would have a slightly higher leg amperage wise right?

this meter
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GMZRXE8
wired into this cable
https://www.ebay.com/itm/L6-30P-to-C19-Molded-Power-Cord-10ft-220V-250V-30A-Ships-Free/202904653534?

it measures by the hour not instant time

I like to take a 5 to 10 hour measurement

say  0 hour             100.00
      10 hours later   122.25

you did 22.25 kwatts / 10 = 2.225 kwatts an hour or 2225 watts  more accurate then a cheap meter.
legendary

True, I tried downloading it again and it gets stuck in the middle of the way, I will PM taserz and ask him to check the file, meanwhile you can get it from this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WeDRY_Xffeqot3Hlpx0rb2ZmCkMqP8h4/view?usp=sharing.
Pages:
Jump to: