Pages:
Author

Topic: Asic.to Firmware S17+ 95th/s • T17+ 80th/s T17 40w/t • S17/T17 on over 200k Asic - page 9. (Read 8400 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Why would bitmain be running two copies of cgminer then?

Same reason as asking why the new Canaan miners run cgminer as a thread of a master process, rather than a separate process of it's own.
They've changed how they start it and run it.
No big deal.
... and since they run two processes on the BM hardware, they prolly decided to name them differently so they could tell which is which.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
... You can potentially go higher if you like. Target chip temp defaults to 75C so it trys to keep fan power draw low. It makes enough airflow to hold 75C I bet fans are not maxing out. But 62th is a very safe overclock.

Yes, trying to stay safe. If I set the chip temp to 80C fans  throttle up to 100%, then start to slowly drop to about 30%, then throttle back up to 100%, rinse, repeat. So I'm sticking with 75C default for now. Fans at 2500-3300 rpm. I'm going to flash a few more s17 at 62th profile. Don't want anything to break, who knows when replacement parts will be available.
Activity: 801
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Its probably using the other miner application to mine its 2.8% fee.

No. Bitmain has both of them installed and running from the factory. Dev fee doesn't do anything with running a separate miner and that would just cause issues as they both can't send work to hashboards at the same time.

i have one T17, and contain CGMINER + BMMINER to ! original firmware, i have examined this, and, CGMINER is used only for running hashing, and BMMINER is user for booting / rebooting or apply config...

So, no problem, just stipide bitmain, mixed two version... if you delete only BMMINER, miner run good, but you don't want apply new config (pool for exemple) ... the code is mixed ...

It does more than that. Bitmain did some wonky stuff on this machine.

You do get that bmminer is cgminer right?
BM just changed the name.

Why would bitmain be running two copies of cgminer then?

New firmware working great. Have a s17 53th running on a 62th profile. Just selected the 62th profile, let it autotune and now it runs great at 62th.
Chips cool, highest 75C

You can potentially go higher if you like. Target chip temp defaults to 75C so it trys to keep fan power draw low. It makes enough airflow to hold 75C I bet fans are not maxing out. But 62th is a very safe overclock.
New firmware working great. Have a s17 53th running on a 62th profile. Just selected the 62th profile, let it autotune and now it runs great at 62th.
Chips cool, highest 75C
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
You can also see them as running processes it in the web UI, under System -> Monitor tab

e.g.

Mem: 212596K used, 21148K free, 0K shrd, 643244K buff, 643288K cached
CPU:  27% usr  72% sys   0% nic   0% idle   0% io   0% irq   0% sirq
Load average: 1.30 1.34 1.33 2/115 30264
PID  PPID USER     STAT   VSZ %VSZ %CPU COMMAND
989   983 root     S <   215m  94%  82% /usr/bin/cgminer --version-file /usr/bin/compile_time --default-config /config/cgminer.conf -T --syslog
30263 30261 root     R     2152   1%   9% top -b -n 1
990   986 root     S     129m  57%   0% /usr/bin/bmminer --version-file /usr/bin/compile_time --default-config /config/cgminer.conf -T --syslog
925     1 root     S     3328   1%   0% /usr/bin/ntpd -p /var/run/ntp.pid -g
939     1 root     S     2984   1%   0% /usr/sbin/lighttpd -f /etc/lighttpd.conf
931     1 avahi    S     2836   1%   0% avahi-daemon: running [antMiner-57.local]
932   931 avahi    S     2732   1%   0% avahi-daemon: chroot helper
986     1 root     S     2620   1%   0% {screen} SCREEN -S bmminer -t bmminer -m -d /usr/bin/bmminer --version-file /usr/bin/compile_time --default-config /config/cgminer.conf -T --syslog
983     1 root     S     2620   1%   0% {screen} SCREEN -S cgminer -t cgminer -m -d /usr/bin/cgminer --version-file /usr/bin/compile_time --default-config /config/cgminer.conf -T --syslog
736     1 root     S     2152   1%   0% /sbin/syslogd -n -O /var/log/messages
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
No ... i have unlocked SSH acces, and see "bmminer" AND "cgminer" , two version is used on my miner

legendary
i have one T17, and contain CGMINER + BMMINER to ! original firmware, i have examined this, and, CGMINER is used only for running hashing, and BMMINER is user for booting / rebooting or apply config...

So, no problem, just stipide bitmain, mixed two version... if you delete only BMMINER, miner run good, but you don't want apply new config (pool for exemple) ... the code is mixed ...
You do get that bmminer is cgminer right?
BM just changed the name.
legendary
This is the software on a brand new antminer s17 53th from the factory. They are charging a mining fee on stock firmware? That's robbery. But that was what I was thinking.

My mistake, thought you were talking about the firmware this topic is discussing.
Activity: 446
Merit: 347

legendary
This is the software on a brand new antminer s17 53th from the factory. They are charging a mining fee on stock firmware? That's robbery.
But that was what I was thinking.
It's not OEM firmware.
If it is actually doing that, then it's a hack firmware, not original.
This is the software on a brand new antminer s17 53th from the factory. They are charging a mining fee on stock firmware? That's robbery. But that was what I was thinking.
legendary
Its probably using the other miner application to mine its 2.8% fee.
Using the 1.0 firmware. Have a s17 53th. On 53th and 58th preset I get 4 x's in a row.
At 62th x's gone. Running 63th, 2678w. 31F ambient, fans at 26%.
Using the 1.0 firmware. Have a s17 53th. On 53th and 58th preset I get 4 x's in a row.
At 62th x's gone. Running 63th, 2678w. 31F ambient, fans at 26%.
Was wondering why stock firmware runs both cgminer AND bmminer at the same time.
The hashrate drops 10th once a minute then back up.
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
i have a question : is it possible to activate only the asicboost but not the overclock ?
asicboost must offer 10-15% increase with same stability.. or am i wrong ?

Asicboost has nothing to do with custom firmwares for overclocking.

And asicboost drama was mainly around S9 machines. As far as I know all newer machines have it integrated (and activated) already.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
i have a question : is it possible to activate only the asicboost but not the overclock ?
asicboost must offer 10-15% increase with same stability.. or am i wrong ?
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
Yes, I've tried it and it did work perfectly.
Activity: 61
Merit: 11
Does this firmware also work on the S17 pro versions?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hello Taserz,

That's great news that the new version 1.0.0 is online, i just uploaded it to my T17 and it is runny smooth at 53.6TH @ 2671W  Smiley

Is there also a possibility with the new firmware to ingore faulty chips or chips that are missing during startup from the miner? I have a problem with my S17 Pro that it is only detecting 44 chips instead of 48 chips on chain 1 and because of that the firmware disables the complete chain. I don't know what went wrong in the past because from the beginning when the 0.9.6 beta firmware came out i started testing with it and also all the new beta versions i tested but i noticed that the problem started after i started using the first firmware with autotune available and first the last 4 chips where X on chain 1 and when i did a reboot, the complete chain 2 gave a lot of errors Huh

I restored the Original bitmain firmware but still missing 4 chips on chain 1 so i contacted bitmain support with the logs and they provided me a recovery firmware for the controlboard, for some reason after using this firmware everything worked again with all 48 chips. I thought that maybe the problem was was indeed the controlboard software so then i reflashed your latest 0.9.9 firmware back again but guess what;,... the problem with the missing 4 chips was back again.

I used the recovery sdcard image from bitmain again but now the problem looks like permanent that it only detects 44 chips on chain 1. Therefor i am using your 0.9.6 beta firmware because with this firmware it keeps running @65Ths with 4 missing chips.

I noticed that all of your firmwares after 0.9.6beta are disabling the complete chain after it finds some missing chips during startup and firmware 0.9.6beta only gives me a warning that it only find 44 chips after 3 attempts of scanning.

Could you please have a look at it is possible to ignore the missing chips in the new firmware just like 0.9.6 or something.

I will try to upload the kernel log from running with your latest 1.0.0 firmware or i can pm it to you?

Greetz Andre
legendary
Source code required for the cgminer in it, since that is a license requirement for distributing to anyone who asks.
You are distributing it, I downloaded it - so where's the source code?

It doesn't matter where you got it from or who you blame, the license requires YOU to supply the source code if YOU distribute it in any way.

... anyone else who downloads this firmware, thanks for also giving a kick in the teeth to the developers who spent a total of many years developing the cgminer code in it ...

... and no doubt the local forum mod will merit your post for distributing it, as he does for many others who also violate the cgminer license, but alas I guess he's a scumbag like you also for promoting people who violate the license.
I have spoke to the forum manager about it and his claim is that the mods do not represent the forum ... ... ...
(he just pays them to work on the forum)
Pages:
Jump to: