Pages:
Author

Topic: Asic.to Firmware S17+ 95th/s • T17+ 80th/s T17 40w/t • S17/T17 on over 200k Asic - page 13. (Read 8400 times)

Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Highest Chip temp high 50s low 60s, its sucking in filtered outside air, which today its -19C. room temp in basement with all miners around 25C 18-20C main floor and upstairs, i dont need any furnace my miners easily heat my whole house.

Thx for letting me know that warn in kernel log isnt a issue, im quite looking forward to that autotune coming out.

You can push some crazy numbers with those temps. A user in this thread has gone over 90th/s on an S17 with similar ambient temps

I know right, when i put these s9s outside, of course there in one of those patio boxes, i was just to a point where there not very profitable and there long paid off, so they dont owe me anything and the heat was to much in summer, noise because its all in basement and bedrooms are up stairs wasent a issue.

I see that link of T17 operating specs, however the S9 has even more strict specs, the t17 says up to 95% humidity, s9 says 65% humidity, now they say non-condensate, but as we know with electric heat (which all mining equipment is) your humidity will be super low, case in point look at my inside humidity.

https://ibb.co/w7Yjgfr

I honestly believe these asic miners are quite robust, now of-course ill have a different opinion when i start losing miners :p

I would be interested in seeing you S9 Hashboards after running in this setup for how long?

Curious if they have any thermal damage or signs of water damage. I mean S9's will run into the ground. I love them but power is to expensive for me to keep mine plugged in.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
I know right, when i put these s9s outside, of course there in one of those patio boxes, i was just to a point where there not very profitable and there long paid off, so they dont owe me anything and the heat was to much in summer, noise because its all in basement and bedrooms are up stairs wasent a issue.

I see that link of T17 operating specs, however the S9 has even more strict specs, the t17 says up to 95% humidity, s9 says 65% humidity, now they say non-condensate, but as we know with electric heat (which all mining equipment is) your humidity will be super low, case in point look at my inside humidity.

https://ibb.co/w7Yjgfr

I honestly believe these asic miners are quite robust, now of-course ill have a different opinion when i start losing miners :p
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
S9's are quite robust machines however, I am surprised that they survived rain and snow...

Tho, check those two links for operating temperature and humidity:

https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020445993-T17-Specifications
https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005088914-Miner-normal-operating-temperature-range
I have 3 S9s running outside in a box, have been for a long time now, temps have been +30 all the way to -30, and they are just rocking,

https://ibb.co/56vPJhb

as you can see this one been going 39 days since last power outage, they been outside for atleast a year prob more like 1.5 years from rain to snow, they dont care, or at least the s9s dont, i do appreciate you giving me a heads up thoe
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
Yo mate, be careful with that... Too cold outside air can damage your units. Especially if it is "wet" air.
Highest Chip temp high 50s low 60s, its sucking in filtered outside air, which today its -19C. room temp in basement with all miners around 25C 18-20C main floor and upstairs, i dont need any furnace my miners easily heat my whole house.

Thx for letting me know that warn in kernel log isnt a issue, im quite looking forward to that autotune coming out.
Just a quick question, i checked the kernel log today and i see the last 4 entries say WARN: unknown job id 0x5605, and the other just have a different number at the end, anything to be concerned about?

What are your temps of the miner and ambient room temp?

But that error is not an issue.
Just a quick question, i checked the kernel log today and i see the last 4 entries say WARN: unknown job id 0x5605, and the other just have a different number at the end, anything to be concerned about?
That would be fantastic, by chance you have settings that could be manual set to achieve 30 watts ish per th

I will ask what the settings were. They also got 25w/th at  36th/s on S17
I will ask what the settings were. They also got 25w/th at  36th/s on S17

edit: Playing with it now
That would be fantastic, by chance you have settings that could be manual set to achieve 30 watts ish per th
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
I've also had some dead boards at recommended settings. I've been very careful and understand the risk. I wouldn't have bothered posting about it because I know their can be consequences. What the other poster stated was true, although it has been a small number in my situation. To be clear I'm not blaming or crying, I know what can happen the minute I flash a aftermarket firmware.

EDIT: I'm trying the firmware on S17 56T, S17 50T Pro, S17 53T Pro

So after you using a bunch of different firmwares on different units (judging by your previous posts) you just happened "not to cry" here as well as BlackPrapor and note that it is in same day and both of you are not even active on forum anymore.

Is it only me or is this fishy?

Not to meaning to blast this thread with posts. To be clear in this situation it is 1 firmware on 3 different S17 models. Not several firmwares. Overall the firmware is awesome and I have no regrets using it.
Happy New Year to all, any updates on the auto tune completion? Does any one have some good power savings settings? Ive done the 400 @ 16V, getting 24th and around 4-5 amps on multi-meter, this is on a fairly new pair of T17, if i over clock to 850 @17.5, i avg 46-47th but 3rd chain and four RED 0, they also run the fans WAY to high on auto, none of the chip temps even hit 60 and fans screaming at 5000RPM, i use manual fan and set to 20% im in manitoba, been a little warm here so the sucking in -15C ish air, any help is always greatly appreciated

Yeah the auto fan s quick to max out the fans... Sorry about that.

About two weeks left for autotune update. We have seen S17 drop to 25w/th at speeds in the mid 30th/s we are expecting T17 to be able to drop T17 into the 30s while still maintaining a decent hashrate.
Happy New Year to all, any updates on the auto tune completion? Does any one have some good power savings settings? Ive done the 400 @ 16V, getting 24th and around 4-5 amps on multi-meter, this is on a fairly new pair of T17, if i over clock to 850 @17.5, i avg 46-47th but 3rd chain and four RED 0, they also run the fans WAY to high on auto, none of the chip temps even hit 60 and fans screaming at 5000RPM, i use manual fan and set to 20% im in manitoba, been a little warm here so the sucking in -15C ish air, any help is always greatly appreciated
Does anyone have settings for best underclock lately?  I have been running my s17 pros at 66th @ 2800w.  So it's essentially a s17e or whatever.  If I go higher than that, it can push to 75th but the power ratio goes out the window and I'd rather leave it at a stable overclock.  T17 I have no tried yet, trying to figure out most efficient settings honestly.

I have yet to even try one t17.

But I will do so soon.

Once it works  I will shoot for 45 watts a th and 42th hash power.

If I do it I will buy more of them.

I always tend to jump right to the overclocking route. I've admired how you always explore underclocking, which in several cases has been the right way to go.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I am doxxed for no reason that I know of on some bs website.  bad buyers dot whatever.

someone made a false claim about a purchase and said I am a bad buyer.

I suspect one of the scammers I caught on this site did it. So good luck 🍀 with the doxxing.
well blackprapor was gone for more then 20 months.

sierra8561 was gone for 10 months and did overclock.

i my self over clocked 22 s9s for ten days with other firmware and had bad results.

to me this firmware will shine with underclock.

the t17 can do 200 watts less with the same hash or close to the same hash.

on this firmware.   so for every 10 you down clock you can add a t17. no harm to gear and more hash. much more sound method of using the firmware.

I'm active on a telegram group with you.
My Kia forte can do just over 100 miles an hour on a slight downhill straight way.

I did it one time. I don't push it.

Same with mining gear.

I am quoting this in topic. This made me have a good laugh.

Edit: Just a heads up. Alexander Levin from asicseer is currently trying to spread my dox and harass me. If you see my personal information listed anywhere please link it to me as this is an ongoing case of harassment by a competitor. They are apparently upset that during my email blast I emailed a few of the companies they do business with. I am trying to compile a list of him, his companies, and employees harassing, impersonating, and attacking me for my safekeeping. I really appreciate it. Such a childish behavior from someone who feels threatened by a superior product I guess.
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
My Kia forte can do just over 100 miles an hour on a slight downhill straight way.

I did it one time. I don't push it.

Same with mining gear.
Does anyone have settings for best underclock lately?  I have been running my s17 pros at 66th @ 2800w.  So it's essentially a s17e or whatever.  If I go higher than that, it can push to 75th but the power ratio goes out the window and I'd rather leave it at a stable overclock.  T17 I have no tried yet, trying to figure out most efficient settings honestly.

T17 someone got it down to 42.5th/s On the website I listed a range for T17 to try for downclock. The newer ones clock down much better. I would avoid overclock on T17 personally.
Pages:
Jump to: