Pages:
Author

Topic: ASrock H110 Pro BTC+ 13 GPU Board - page 2. (Read 54645 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 11
August 01, 2018, 01:05:14 AM
Do I need to add molex power to motherboard ?
I will add 9 RX 570 with two 1000W PSU.

Yes... two Molex and one SATA power connector.

But I have powered risers. I read somewhere that it is a bad combination, either use powered risers or use molex power from MoBo.

Also if I do power it, do I need to power sata too ?
the risers don't get the power from PCIe x1 slots, so it can't be a bad combination in any way. basically that's just additional power connectors for the MB, and ASRock suggests to connect them all.

This is ABSOLUTELY TRUE (the risers don't get any power from the PCIe x1 slots/USB interface).
 Wink
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
July 31, 2018, 09:11:34 PM
Hi got some problems too with this board,  Roll Eyes

I got one rig with 10 gpus (rx580, 560,  2 vega 56) - no problems at all.  all gen2, onboard graphic etc..

I mount another rig with 10 vega 64 but only can connect 9, if i installed the 10 gpu, i have no post on poweron..

Any ideia too what could i check?

I changed to 16 gb ram its the same, have a lot of power too..

No problems in risers too,

my solution was to put one vega in my desktop pc.. but its frustating Smiley

Regards,

Also, do you have power connected to all THREE PCIe PWR headers near the PCIe slots? There will be one "Molex" 4-pin PCIE_PWR1 near PCIE1_1, one "Molex" 4-pin PCIE_PWR2 near PCIE7_1 and another SATA Power Connector called SATA_POW1. All three should be powered from (connected to) the same PSU supplying power to your motherboard ATXPWR1.

Just noticed the SATA_POW1, is this required? http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=454

I would say running VEGAs, yes. Absolutely. And it should be from the same PSU powering your motherboard.

VEGA is good for XMR mining, which will last long.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
July 04, 2018, 11:53:35 PM

But I have powered risers. I read somewhere that it is a bad combination, either use powered risers or use molex power from MoBo.

the risers don't get the power from PCIe x1 slots, so it can't be a bad combination in any way. basically that's just additional power connectors for the MB, and ASRock suggests to connect them all.
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
July 04, 2018, 11:32:12 PM

Activity: 269
Merit: 4
July 04, 2018, 07:29:50 PM

July 04, 2018, 07:01:36 PM
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
July 04, 2018, 09:12:38 AM
hi

i am runing with 10x 1070ti and would like to put more 3 to complete but would like to know if here anyone with these ASRock H110 Pro BTC + 13gpu's mining stable ?

I have only 9x1080Ti but I have seen 13x on youtube. You can found.
Activity: 12
July 04, 2018, 07:05:15 AM
hi

i am runing
July 03, 2018, 12:08:14 AM
can I use i3-8100 1151 on this board ?

No. 6th and 7th gen only.
Activity: 33
July 02, 2018, 10:28:52 PM
can I use i3-8100 1151 on this board ?
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
July 02, 2018, 09:11:29 PM
I was having issue with this board and windows, that i had black screen on rdp, black screen on teamviewer and same on vnc some time after login.

I use iGPU as primary, no gfx in 16x slot, 12 gpus in other slots.

I reinstalled latest windows clean, did offline install, so it could not get drivers from windows update and I was getting black screen and all the hell broke lose, weird errors and stuff.
I reinstalled latest windows clean, did online install, and all good, until I installed latest nvidia drivers, now it does boot into windows, gets ip, and then only black screen.

So disconnected all 12 nvidia cards and it booted into windows no issue, ofter i connect even just one card, it does not boot into windows.

Also I updated bios.

All my other rigs run on biostars with no issues, all 12 gpus amd or nvidia rig.

but at least on previous windows 10 it was mining, but only in black screen so I could not see temperatures and stuff and generally it sometimes went don't, so something is off. But in bios or in windows installer i do get graphics output, no issues, no artifacts.

I don't want to  go linux route as this would be my first linux rig, I don't want to bother with all the fake X server displayes to get nvidia overclocking and stuff.

Update: so another offline install a and now I get image after reboot, but after pressing start or starting edge, i get code 43 on all cards, including iGPU, also wallpaper flashes for blue color on logonscreen if i don't log in - i suppose this is while driver crashes
you should use x16 slot when connecting your GPUs, that's stated in the manual. you can try to enable "iGPU multi-monitor" setting in UEFI as well.
Activity: 296
July 02, 2018, 03:00:04 PM

I got one rig with 10 gpus (rx580, 560,  2 vega 56) - no problems at all.  all gen2, onboard graphic etc..

I mount another rig with 10 vega 64 but only can connect 9, if i installed the 10 gpu, i have no post on poweron..

Regards,

Also, do you have power connected to all THREE PCIe PWR headers near the PCIe slots? There will be one "Molex" 4-pin PCIE_PWR1 near PCIE1_1, one "Molex" 4-pin PCIE_PWR2 near PCIE7_1 and another SATA Power Connector called SATA_POW1. All three should be powered from (connected to) the same PSU supplying power to your motherboard ATXPWR1.

Just noticed the SATA_POW1, is this required? http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=454

I would say running VEGAs, yes. Absolutely. And it should be from the same PSU powering your motherboard.

Hi Savage,

Yes all connected,

I have one rig working with 10 gpus using what you suggested Smiley

Thanks for help  Smiley

Awesome! No problem! Glad you got it working!

hi, already worked in my 1st rig, That's what I meant.

In my only vega 64 rig i only can put 9, but no problem i put the 10 in my desktop pc..

Thanks Smiley
July 02, 2018, 11:28:26 AM

Regards,

Hi Savage,

Yes all connected,

Thanks for help  Smiley

Awesome! No problem! Glad you got it working!
Activity: 296
July 02, 2018, 11:02:54 AM

Regards,

Hi Savage,

Yes all connected,

Thanks for help  Smiley
July 02, 2018, 10:32:44 AM

Regards,

Activity: 162
July 02, 2018, 10:01:51 AM

Regards,

July 02, 2018, 09:56:20 AM
Just bought this board and I am having problem booting into HiveOS via usb pendrive. It boots into bios. Earlier it was booting but when I attached more gpus, it now boots into bios, even after removing them. With SSD it is no problem.

I've had to change the USB port the USB Drive is plugged into in similar situations. Try a different port.
July 02, 2018, 09:08:30 AM
Just bought this board and I am having problem booting into HiveOS via usb pendrive. It boots into bios. Earlier it was booting but when I attached more gpus, it now boots into bios, even after removing them. With SSD it is no problem.
July 02, 2018, 08:07:00 AM

Regards,

July 02, 2018, 07:55:54 AM

Regards,

Try setting PCIe from GEN2 to AUTO?
Pages:
Jump to: