Pages:
Author

Topic: ASUS B250 Mining Expert MB - 19 Cards! - page 21. (Read 31088 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
January 21, 2018, 04:07:33 AM
Hi guys

BIIIIIIIIIG problem here
Anyone solved that?

- 13 RX580 8GB XFX on B250 MBO
- last bios updated for MBO
- original BIOS for GPS's
- Using simplemining OS
- no overclock for GPu's

AWFUL RESULTS:
ETH - Total Speed: 14.022 Mh/s, Total Shares: 3, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:22
ETH: GPU0 0.876 Mh/s, GPU1 1.317 Mh/s, GPU2 1.642 Mh/s, GPU3 1.642 Mh/s, GPU4 0.657 Mh/s, GPU5 1.317 Mh/s, GPU6 0.000 Mh/s, GPU7
2.629 Mh/s, GPU8 0.876 Mh/s, GPU9 1.317 Mh/s, GPU10 0.000 Mh/s, GPU11 0.875 Mh/s, GPU12 0.876 Mh/s

Same awful results on any scrypt.
I have tried one full day to mix power suply, risers, all !!!
Any idea?
Activity: 5
January 20, 2018, 03:41:15 PM
Hey guys I'm having the same issue with this motherboard but I'm pretty sure this is not only tied to this mnf or model

I want my integrated graphics as default for my monitor and if I leave the windows drivers which is the 388 just be then everything works fine
But every-time I try to install 390 from nvidia one of my 1080's take over and I have to go to the bios again setup from "Auto" to "CPU Graphics" again (move the hdmi cable and all)

I cannot turn off the pc afterwards cuz it goes back to Auto, and it's been a headache cuz I just want all the cards to have the same performance and not one sending video to the monitor

Do any of you have a fix for this?

Thanks in advance

Activity: 728
Merit: 115
January 20, 2018, 08:34:20 AM

Yes it can be, options you are looking for is called "iGPU", this board is actually using GPU from CPU if it has one. Board doesn't have gpu on its self.

To disable it:

You must go in BIOS under Advanced - Graphics Configuration - iGPU Multi monitor - Disabled
Also you must select Primary Display and set it to "Auto" or  PCIE

I personally  don't mind to have iGPU enabled.

I guess it is best to use iGPU than a GPU used for mining?

That's exactly how I have setup my rigs.
On a rigs that have igpu options available,  I'am using igpu as my primary display.
I have one rig with xeon that doesn't have integrated GPU, on that machine i have just pluged in HDMI on one of the cards.

But in that combination i have random spikes of GPU core frequency on card that has plugged hdmi cable.

Activity: 312
January 20, 2018, 07:30:58 AM
can onboard graphics be toggled on and off? I couldn't find the setting in bios.

Yes it can be, options you are looking for is called "iGPU", this board is actually using GPU from CPU if it has one. Board doesn't have gpu on its self.

To disable it:

You must go in BIOS under Advanced - Graphics Configuration - iGPU Multi monitor - Disabled
Also you must select Primary Display and set it to "Auto" or  PCIE

I personally  don't mind to have iGPU enabled.

I guess it is best to use iGPU than a GPU used for mining?
January 20, 2018, 05:59:17 AM
can onboard graphics be toggled on and off? I couldn't find the setting in bios.

To disable it:

Also you must select Primary Display and set it to "Auto" or  PCIE

I personally  don't mind to have iGPU enabled.
Activity: 13
January 20, 2018, 12:20:33 AM
czr
Activity: 27
January 19, 2018, 04:49:30 PM
does anyone have a bios config list for this mobo? no combination seems to work stable or scalable (one config works with 9cards but not with 8 cards) my cards are doing like 4 o 5 hashes or less on smos
January 19, 2018, 07:37:55 AM
Would it be possible to Flash a 1060 into a P106 so the board sees it as a headless GPU?

Call me an idiot. But it seems logical some how.

It seems logical. Maybe we need a customized bios for the mb or gpu.
Activity: 24
January 19, 2018, 03:58:09 AM
why do mining cards work in addition to nvidia cards? the mining cards use the same driver dont they? so what makes a mining card work vs a geforce card? Anyoe try quadros?

Pretty sure the miner cards are headless so they register differently in Linux than regular cards that have HDMI/VGA outputs and such. Never had a quadros to try, but I'm sure someone has.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
January 19, 2018, 03:38:16 AM
why do mining cards work in addition to nvidia cards? the mining cards use the same driver dont they? so what makes a mining card work vs a geforce card? Anyoe try quadros?

We don't know ask ASUS, yes, no clue ask ASUS, I don't have any to try.
January 19, 2018, 03:35:32 AM

Also this was their first mining board, so it's still working in progress in hardware and bios level.

No, this was NOT the first ASUS "mining board".

It IS the only board that supports more than 13 slots on the MB though, to date, from any manufacturer.

It's not practical to "experiment with both branches" when most folks can't GET the P106 or P104 mining-specific cards, and there is NO logical reason to restrict the board to needing such cards to get to 14+ GPUs supported.

What do you mean this wasn't their first mining board?

I don't know any other mbo from asus that was meant for this purpose only.

All other boards are advertised as gaming motherboards (Asus prime and similar), they have bios settings that can be used for mining but that boards are not mining boards.

All other boards for mining are from Asrock or Biostar.

You can check the result of this link:

https://www.asus.com/us/search/results.aspx?SearchKey=mining

Activity: 13
January 19, 2018, 12:25:49 AM
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
January 18, 2018, 04:49:36 PM

Also this was their first mining board, so it's still working in progress in hardware and bios level.

No, this was NOT the first ASUS "mining board".

It IS the only board that supports more than 13 slots on the MB though, to date, from any manufacturer.

It's not practical to "experiment with both branches" when most folks can't GET the P106 or P104 mining-specific cards, and there is NO logical reason to restrict the board to needing such cards to get to 14+ GPUs supported.

January 18, 2018, 04:05:53 PM
Actually it would not make more sense, because this way they can experiment with both branches, if the experiment goes well, profit from mining GPU-s could rise exponentially, also bare in mind that mining GPU-s have 3-6 month warranty so they have little or none failure return in such small period of time.

Problem with mining GPU-s are also very little or zero stock in some countries, and they cannot provide expected quantity, so 100% mining or 100% gaming GPU-s mbo with 15-19 slots  would not be logical  at this time due to logistic problems.

January 18, 2018, 02:45:43 PM
Ridiculous they won’t support mining but they will making a mining expert moterhbosrd. Absolute garbage response from ASUS

You must understand that income from mining motherboards and mining cards are irrelevant when you compare that profits with gaming motherboards and gaming cards.

Because of very small market that holds, you cannot expect from them to have dedicated team for this type of product.
We must admit to our self that most miners still use regular motherboards and gaming GPU-s in their rigs.

Then it would make more sense if they made a mb for regular gpu. Not for mining gpu:)
January 18, 2018, 02:42:01 PM
Ridiculous they won’t support mining but they will making a mining expert moterhbosrd. Absolute garbage response from ASUS

You must understand that income from mining motherboards and mining cards are irrelevant when you compare that profits with gaming motherboards and gaming cards.

Because of very small market that holds, you cannot expect from them to have dedicated team for this type of product.
We must admit to our self that most miners still use regular motherboards and gaming GPU-s in their rigs.

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
January 18, 2018, 02:18:50 PM
I guess only the chinese have the upper hand here cause they are the only ones who can buy mining cards for a good price, where I live there were many mining cards but the cost was 30% higher than gaming cards.
Activity: 378
Merit: 135
January 18, 2018, 01:46:53 PM
January 18, 2018, 09:42:40 AM
Just received an reply from Asus:

Q: "Thanks for the reply. Will there be an bios update so the mb supports 19 non-mining cards? So we can use regular gpus.
P106 and p104 cant be bought in my country."

A: "Unfortunately I cannot give such information. BIOS release notes are not given even to support teams before actual BIOS release.
However, while there could be compatibility fixed, I doubt there will be official support for non-mining cards. as Asus overall stance is that cryptomining isn't supported regular and gaming products."
January 18, 2018, 03:50:39 AM
I was setting up my Wemo smart plug yesterday and went into the bios and didn’t see an option to power on the board after a power loss. Can someone who has this board help me out how to find this setting or have it power on after an outage?

You might have to go into BIOS and under  Advanced Mode.  In there you should find a switch called 'Restore AC Power Loss or sometimes it's called "Last State"

Sometimes this options is BAD, because usually at my place when the electricity goes out, few minutes later it comes up again and immediately goes down again so you could make damage in that ON/OFF process that goes into loop for small period of time until local electricity company doesn't solve problems that lead to that first outage.

Pages:
Jump to: