Pages:
Author

Topic: ASUS B250 Mining Expert MB - 19 Cards! - page 22. (Read 31088 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 135
January 17, 2018, 05:20:23 PM
I was setting up my Wemo smart plug yesterday and went into the bios and didn’t see an option to power on the board after a power loss. Can someone who has this board help me out how to find this setting or have it power on after an outage?
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Out of the box is where I live
January 16, 2018, 03:49:07 PM

Can u please specify exact configuration

Type of GPU (AMD or Nvidia) and did you use A , B an C or just A and B PSU.

It seams that AMD GPU-s because of their bios are using power from pci-e slot rather than from additional 6 port plug from the psu

Well, I have 13 GPU on  a 13 GPU motherboard so it's now like I have much choice. I have an Asrock motherboard, not an Asus one. I'm running the rig with Ubuntu 16 and it's a 100% nvidia rig (see my signature)
Activity: 728
Merit: 115
January 16, 2018, 01:43:16 PM
I have 13 GPU on my Asrock and I'm using only powered risers but I had to connect 2 molex + 24pin to the motherboard otherwise it wouldn't start. I had an error message saying that the motherboard was not sufficiently powered.

The PSU I'm using for my currenct motherboard has only one 24 pin connector while the B250 has three. If I have to use those three together, I'll need to buy another PSU, I'd like to avoid that if it's not necessary.

thanks!

Can u please specify exact configuration

Type of GPU (AMD or Nvidia) and did you use A , B an C or just A and B PSU.

It seams that AMD GPU-s because of their bios are using power from pci-e slot rather than from additional 6 port plug from the psu

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
January 16, 2018, 01:09:24 PM
The idea is to spread evenly.
Activity: 157
Out of the box is where I live
January 16, 2018, 01:00:58 PM
I have 13 GPU on my Asrock and I'm using only powered risers but I had to connect 2 molex + 24pin to the motherboard otherwise it wouldn't start. I had an error message saying that the motherboard was not sufficiently powered.

The PSU I'm using for my currenct motherboard has only one 24 pin connector while the B250 has three. If I have to use those three together, I'll need to buy another PSU, I'd like to avoid that if it's not necessary.

thanks!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 16, 2018, 12:56:47 PM

So then we are stuck with "only" 13 gpu.

This information isnt helpfull for me, as long as you dont offer to communicate your experience how you come to this conclusion,...

best regards

BM
Activity: 12
January 16, 2018, 12:25:14 PM
humm, ok, thanks!! So it must be something else.  Huh
Activity: 22
January 16, 2018, 11:55:37 AM
I'm having a hard time finding a shop in Europe where this motherboard is available. Have you got some links?

I was also wondering if the motherboard had to be powered by ALL 24 pin connectors or if 3 molex + 1x 24 pin is enough?

You don't need to use the 4-pin molex connectors on the motherboard when using powered risers. They are only there for the few people that may still use ribbon unpowered risers.

https://youtu.be/6e7ywLfRogQ?t=4628

So why dont we all use unpowered risers when we can get power from the pci-e slots?

Because ribbon-type risers are a ROYAL PAIN to deal with compared to USB-cable-type, and you really need powered risers ANYWAY to avoid overloading the power traces on the MB even WITH the "aux power MOLEX connectors" in use if you run a lot of cards.

I am trying to setup 12x 1080ti in my B250. Should I use the mobo's "aux power molex" even if I am using 12x powered risers??

So far I got to set 7x 1080ti (4x in A slots and 3 in B slots), but I cant make windows recognize the 8th vga. The slot appears as green on boot, but Win 10 refuses to find it.  Undecided
with 12 ATI i had no problem at all, after i find the correct drivers to use, i think its all about drivers

humm, I havent tested other drivers, I am using the latest one.

So, the ones who have 12x nvidia VGAs, which driver are you using??

I have 13x gtx 1060 and I'm using the last nvidia driver...
January 16, 2018, 11:12:27 AM
I'm having a hard time finding a shop in Europe where this motherboard is available. Have you got some links?

I was also wondering if the motherboard had to be powered by ALL 24 pin connectors or if 3 molex + 1x 24 pin is enough?

You don't need to use the 4-pin molex connectors on the motherboard when using powered risers. They are only there for the few people that may still use ribbon unpowered risers.

So why dont we all use unpowered risers when we can get power from the pci-e slots?

Because ribbon-type risers are a ROYAL PAIN to deal with compared to USB-cable-type, and you really need powered risers ANYWAY to avoid overloading the power traces on the MB even WITH the "aux power MOLEX connectors" in use if you run a lot of cards.

I am trying to setup 12x 1080ti in my B250. Should I use the mobo's "aux power molex" even if I am using 12x powered risers??

So far I got to set 7x 1080ti (4x in A slots and 3 in B slots), but I cant make windows recognize the 8th vga. The slot appears as green on boot, but Win 10 refuses to find it.  Undecided
with 12 ATI i had no problem at all, after i find the correct drivers to use, i think its all about drivers

i am on ATI, i don't know what has to be used in nvidia, if you have ati i will be happy to help you.

ohh sorry, the question wasnt for you, but for the people with nvidia cards in this thread. Wink

probably it will be difficult to put so many equipment near
for 12 cards its perfect for more i am with you its too difficult Sad

yea, not too hard to setup 12 cards. They are all in place already, I just need to make Win10 recognize it now.  Sad
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
January 16, 2018, 10:42:20 AM
for 12 cards its perfect for more i am with you its too difficult Sad
Activity: 363
January 16, 2018, 10:08:13 AM
January 16, 2018, 09:35:24 AM

i am on ATI, i don't know what has to be used in nvidia, if you have ati i will be happy to help you.
January 16, 2018, 09:18:17 AM

January 16, 2018, 09:01:08 AM

January 16, 2018, 07:53:48 AM

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
January 16, 2018, 07:18:17 AM

Activity: 312
January 16, 2018, 05:22:33 AM
I really wish people that did not own this motherboard, and are not using it with at least 12 GPU, would stop posting their hypothetical concepts as if they are truth, even if you read what you are regurgitating directly from the Asus B250- Mining Expert PDF, You may not be correct and are spreading misinformation,

A certain configuration within the Asus PDF manual may work, but the truth is that many others work as well, so unless you are actually experimenting with this board, rehashing things you read on line, is not helping this thread...

But actually spreading misinformation that will waste new users time to trouble shoot, and figure out why,

and Yes I am using the Asus B250 with 12 EVGA GTX 1070 TI SC Hybrids, and it has been working splendid, once I figured out my proper Overclock settings within "Simple Miner"

I am currently running two power supplies, Both EVGA, first being a 1600T2, second being a 1000T2,

I really hope this did not come off as too negative, I only would like to see more truly constructive info being offered up to the Alt-Coin mining community,

Thanks.

1-13 gpu's shouldn't be a problem.
But when this card got released people thought u could use 19 gpu.
In my country we cant order "mining gpu" like p104 or p106. So then we are stuck with "only" 13 gpu.

I got a few b250 on the way together with a bunch of gpus. I am hoping that Asus, windows and amd/nvidia will release updates etc so we can use 19 gpu in the future.
13 is better than nothing Smiley
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
January 16, 2018, 02:58:43 AM
I really wish people that did not own this motherboard, and are not using it with at least 12 GPU, would stop posting their hypothetical concepts as if they are truth, even if you read what you are regurgitating directly from the Asus B250- Mining Expert PDF, You may not be correct and are spreading misinformation,

A certain configuration within the Asus PDF manual may work, but the truth is that many others work as well, so unless you are actually experimenting with this board, rehashing things you read on line, is not helping this thread...

But actually spreading misinformation that will waste new users time to trouble shoot, and figure out why,

and Yes I am using the Asus B250 with 12 EVGA GTX 1070 TI SC Hybrids, and it has been working splendid, once I figured out my proper Overclock settings within "Simple Miner"

I am currently running two power supplies, Both EVGA, first being a 1600T2, second being a 1000T2,

I really hope this did not come off as too negative, I only would like to see more truly constructive info being offered up to the Alt-Coin mining community,
Activity: 312
January 16, 2018, 02:18:43 AM

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
January 15, 2018, 08:05:02 PM
I hope asus sort out this problem Q1.
Pages:
Jump to: