Pages:
Author

Topic: Atheism does not exist - page 5. (Read 11665 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
February 11, 2014, 05:39:09 PM
Replace the word god with universe and say that statement again.

I can also imagine a universe where the universe doesn't exist. So no one exists.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
February 11, 2014, 05:34:27 PM
I can pretty damn well imagine an entire universe where no gods exist at all, so Atheism does exist.

I'm pretty sure this should be in line with dank's view of the universe:

I can imagine a universe where atheism exists, so atheism exists.

Edit: For dessert I can also imagine a universe where imagination doesn't exist.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
February 11, 2014, 05:03:17 PM
Replace the word god with universe and say that statement again.
legendary
February 11, 2014, 04:57:02 PM
I can pretty damn well imagine an entire universe where no gods exist at all, so Atheism does exist.
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 11, 2014, 04:46:09 PM
I addressed this in the first post.  "you may perceive atheism to exist, though the basis of atheism itself does not exist."

The point of this thread was to show how atheism is a fallacious belief system because it is based off negatives, or false beliefs.  I cannot help if you chose to believe in negative constraints to your reality.

I'm pretty sure atheism is not a belief in a negative god.
legendary
You cannot kill love
February 11, 2014, 02:13:16 PM
I addressed this in the first post.  "you may perceive atheism to exist, though the basis of atheism itself does not exist."

The point of this thread was to show how atheism is a fallacious belief system because it is based off negatives, or false beliefs.  I cannot help if you chose to believe in negative constraints to your reality.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Sentinel
February 11, 2014, 11:34:14 AM
you can't prove atheism doesn't exist.

True. After all, if anyone can imagine Atheism, then it must exist according to dank's own "logic" (which I think we can all safely assume is a far stretched use of that word in this context).
So in a sense, his irrational statements even directly contradict his own thread title by now o.0

User : dank

Achievement unlocked : no-brainer
persistently demonstrate complete lack of logic, reason, common sense or any sign of intelligence Roll Eyes
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
February 11, 2014, 06:59:14 AM
you can't prove atheism doesn't exist.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
February 11, 2014, 05:53:27 AM
Yet your post consisted of little more than your narrow perception attacking something you don't understand.

So I have still contributed more meaningful content in this thread.

Guess you were talking to me.  Erm, I provided quite a serious dissection of your ramblings a few pages ago.  Since then I've learned that you respond to meaningful inquiry and clarification by tossing out yet more meaningless drivel.  So now I feel very unmotivated to reason with a person who has shown himself to be thoroughly unreasonable.  You feel me on that?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
February 11, 2014, 05:48:29 AM
Exactly. If you can imagine dank's posts here on the forum, then they already exist. Frankly, dank doesn't ever even need to post here any more.

+1
legendary
February 10, 2014, 11:35:26 AM
Exactly. If you can imagine dank's posts here on the forum, then they already exist. Frankly, dank doesn't ever even need to post here any more.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
February 10, 2014, 11:03:56 AM
But if it didn't exist, would it really not exist?! Don't think ego, think soul!

Roll Eyes
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 10, 2014, 03:04:51 AM
Dank, get off the internet and go start your cult please.

Dank, don't listen to him. If your threads didn't exist, what else would I do when I'm bored?
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
February 10, 2014, 02:52:05 AM
Dank, get off the internet and go start your cult please.
legendary
You cannot kill love
February 09, 2014, 02:31:50 PM
Idiolect crafted to mislead?  I really see no difference from truth or Truth, for truth is truth.
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 09, 2014, 05:49:30 AM
If you noticed a few posts ago, I don't feel the need to capitalize god.  I feel that it's somewhat egotistical as it's simply a concept for unity.

and "truth"/"Truth"?

Language is primarily about communication. If you use an ideolect that seems crafted to mislead, don't be surprised when people misunderstand you.
legendary
You cannot kill love
February 09, 2014, 05:28:12 AM
If you noticed a few posts ago, I don't feel the need to capitalize god.  I feel that it's somewhat egotistical as it's simply a concept for unity.
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 09, 2014, 05:20:19 AM
Only in your perception.  Others would conclude it was the ramblings of god, truth.

Converse my words, not what you don't know.

Your comma use is confusing me again. Do you mean "the ramblings of god-truth", or "the ramblings of god and the ramblings of truth"? Because neither of them make much sense to me.

I seem to make sense of your phrasing okay.

I'm using them interchangeably.  God and truth are one.  God is positivity, ego is negativity.  Every wave has a crest and a trough.  Everything is some form of wave, energy.

If "truth" is an anthropomorphic personification of truth, shouldn't it be "Truth"? i.e. "the ramblings of God and the ramblings of Truth".
legendary
You cannot kill love
February 09, 2014, 05:17:43 AM
Only in your perception.  Others would conclude it was the ramblings of god, truth.

Your comma use is confusing me again. Do you mean "the ramblings of god-truth", or "the ramblings of god and the ramblings of truth"? Because neither of them make much sense to me.

I seem to make sense of your phrasing okay.

I'm using them interchangeably.  God and truth are one.  God is positivity, ego is negativity.  Every wave has a crest and a trough.  Everything is some form of wave, energy.
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 09, 2014, 04:44:23 AM

Pages:
Jump to: