Pages:
Author

Topic: Atomic wallet. Bitcoin sent to a Dogecoin address, how was that possible? - page 4. (Read 1075 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 52
I do apologize, i am a bit of a noob at this, but is there any place you think i could submit a complaint and ask for that btc back from them, or is this a lost cause?
It's probably a lost cause. Most (if not all) wallets have a condition like "use at your own risk" in their Terms. This is what Atomic wallet shows:
5. Specifically Disclaimed Risks
Using Virtual Currency software necessarily entails many risks. Atomic specifically disclaims and shall have no liability to You for the following risks:
operating system failures (mobile or desktop); and,
interactions between Your hardware, software, and the Atomic; and,
cloud backup software (e.g. certain Android distributions) may upload your private information to third party services; and,
malware, viruses or other malicious software on Your device that is able to take control of or interfere with Atomic; and,
communication delays between Your Atomic Desktop and Mobile Light Wallet Application and a node or relay service for a virtual currency (and vice versa); and,
failure to achieve a certain market value/price for a virtual currency token, whether through a third-party service or any other kind of transaction; and, theft of virtual currency tokens.
I'm not a lawyer, but my guess is this part covers them: "interactions between Your hardware, software, and the Atomic".

Yeah, ofcourse they do, was still hoping for at least "Oh, you have found a bug in our wallet and for that we will..." All i got was we apologize for the inconvenience. I know it is a lost cause.

This was my first time posting on bitcointalk, and would like to thank for the quick replys from the both you.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I do apologize, i am a bit of a noob at this, but is there any place you think i could submit a complaint and ask for that btc back from them, or is this a lost cause?
It's probably a lost cause. Most (if not all) wallets have a condition like "use at your own risk" in their Terms. This is what Atomic wallet shows:
5. Specifically Disclaimed Risks
Using Virtual Currency software necessarily entails many risks. Atomic specifically disclaims and shall have no liability to You for the following risks:
operating system failures (mobile or desktop); and,
interactions between Your hardware, software, and the Atomic; and,
cloud backup software (e.g. certain Android distributions) may upload your private information to third party services; and,
malware, viruses or other malicious software on Your device that is able to take control of or interfere with Atomic; and,
communication delays between Your Atomic Desktop and Mobile Light Wallet Application and a node or relay service for a virtual currency (and vice versa); and,
failure to achieve a certain market value/price for a virtual currency token, whether through a third-party service or any other kind of transaction; and, theft of virtual currency tokens.
I'm not a lawyer, but my guess is this part covers them: "interactions between Your hardware, software, and the Atomic".
I'm a bit curious on how the address changed to a bitcoin one though. Do you mind posting both the dogecoin address and the btc address atomicwallet changed it to?

This is really the real question, but also who controls that BTC address to which the transactions actually go via Doge address? I check that Doge address and last transaction was on 2020-06-26 some 3 weeks ago.

https://dogechain.info/address/D7ZDkK9RNyKDiDE7GobhKWNsTt3rHKGm3e

It seems to me that this is some internal bug, because how else to explain that the wallet accepts something that should be impossible?

Yeah, exactly what i told them must be a bug in the wallet. I use that dogecoin wallet, it is a wallet on a site which i deposit all sorts of different coins, i slected it from a drop down menu which was next to the btc wallet/ address and copied it. I contacted the site of which i use dogecoin and ofcourse they told me no dogecoins were recieved. But that converted btc address, who or where it belongs to i have no idea btc is just sitting there. Also, the site from which i copied dogecoin address uses btc address that start with a 3, the converted one starts with 1 so definetily not landed anywhere there, but Atomic adress does start with a 1...

Oh wow, i just got their reply...
"Thank you for your followup.

I've got a response from our developers team and the issue will be fixed in the next release. Sorry for the inconvenience."

So they admited it is their fault, and all i get is a sorry for the inconvenience, the inconvenience cost me cca 0.1 btc!

I'm a bit curious on how the address changed to a bitcoin one though. Do you mind posting both the dogecoin address and the btc address atomicwallet changed it to?

This is really the real question, but also who controls that BTC address to which the transactions actually go via Doge address? I check that Doge address and last transaction was on 2020-06-26 some 3 weeks ago.

It seems to me that this is some internal bug, because how else to explain that the wallet accepts something that should be impossible?

Yeah, exactly what i told them must be a bug in the wallet. I use that dogecoin wallet, it is a wallet on a site which i deposit all sorts of different coins, i slected it from a drop down menu which was next to the btc wallet/ address and copied it. I contacted the site of which i use dogecoin and ofcourse they told me no dogecoins were recieved. But that converted btc address, who or where it belongs to i have no idea btc is just sitting there. Also, the site from which i copied dogecoin address uses btc address that start with a 3, the converted one starts with 1 so definetily not landed anywhere there, but Atomic adress does start with a 1...
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲

Hello there, so i have recently sent some btc cca 0.1 via Atomic wallet, i have seen it was sent to a btc address unkown to me so i started doing some research to where i sent those btc. I have found out that i have had a dogecoin address copied in my clipboard and not a btc address. So to find out if that really happened i copied the same dogecoin address and tried sending a small btc amout to test if it would happen again, and it did. So, if you send btc to dogecoin address in Atomic wallet it actualy accepts it, and not only that, it converts the address to a btc address, have tried it twice with the same address, sent to same dogecoin, converted to the same btc address, crazy..

I know i made a mistake by copying dogecoin address and sent it via btc in my atomic wallet, but how come it accepted it, since every other coins address you put in it says invalid address. I contacted Atomic wallet support to point out the problem, but it looks like my coins are lost.

I would like you opinions on this crazy issue, again, i know it was my mistake in the first place, but Atomic wallet actualy accepts dogecoin address if you sent it via btc, never seen that happen in any other wallet, since it says invalid address on every other coin you try to send via btc.

So, just my fault? Atomic wallet's fault? 50/50 fault? Any possible recovery of sent btc? Should Atomic wallet refund me since it actualy accepts dogecoin address via btc sending?

Thx for your opinions.

I'd say it's their fault. I've tried to paste a dogecoin in Exodus and Electrum, and they both gave an error. It obviously should, since it doesn't have the same format to start with.

Yeah ofcourse here are the tx's:
This is the first one
https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/accea5f4aa9caab5722fab225dde5dbeeff52fa0f5c970b11af5dea820864b08
And the second one i tested with a small amount
https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/95d7d10061cd05a0d091672c920322534f02186c227eddf2bf26669a60233c28

Both times it was sent to this dogecoin address D7ZDkK9RNyKDiDE7GobhKWNsTt3rHKGm3e via Atomi wallets btc. I asked them to try it out, if there is anyone out there that is willing to try it out, just send min amount of btc to that dogecoin addres vis Atomic wallet, it not only accepts it, it converts it to this btc address 13R8D4Cn5ZQwBD3WYDc8mkDGakKYxZcpwb. Insane... And thx for the reply.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Hello there, so i have recently sent some btc cca 0.1 via Atomic wallet, i have seen it was sent to a btc address unkown to me so i started doing some research to where i sent those btc. I have found out that i have had a dogecoin address copied in my clipboard and not a btc address. So to find out if that really happened i copied the same dogecoin address and tried sending a small btc amout to test if it would happen again, and it did. So, if you send btc to dogecoin address in Atomic wallet it actualy accepts it, and not only that, it converts the address to a btc address, have tried it twice with the same address, sent to same dogecoin, converted to the same btc address, crazy..

I know i made a mistake by copying dogecoin address and sent it via btc in my atomic wallet, but how come it accepted it, since every other coins address you put in it says invalid address. I contacted Atomic wallet support to point out the problem, but it looks like my coins are lost.

I would like you opinions on this crazy issue, again, i know it was my mistake in the first place, but Atomic wallet actualy accepts dogecoin address if you sent it via btc, never seen that happen in any other wallet, since it says invalid address on every other coin you try to send via btc.

So, just my fault? Atomic wallet's fault? 50/50 fault? Any possible recovery of sent btc? Should Atomic wallet refund me since it actualy accepts dogecoin address via btc sending?

Thx for your opinions.

I'd say it's their fault. I've tried to paste a dogecoin in Exodus and Electrum, and they both gave an error. It obviously should, since it doesn't have the same format to start with.

Thx for your opinions.
Pages:
Jump to: