Pages:
Author

Topic: ATTN Litecoin GPU Miners - Scrypt support for cgminer - page 5. (Read 175818 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Official release of cgminer with binaries including scrypt support, version 2.6.0, is now available on the cgminer thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-cgminer-mining-software-thread-for-linuxwinosxmipsarmr-pi-4110-28402
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Scrypt mining has now been merged into the master branch of cgminer, so you can switch to that and from now on it will be in the main release as well.
awesome
Thanks ckolivas Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 976
Merit: 1003
I've had the same problem in linux.
My problem resolved by export previously specified params
How to do it in windows I don't now, but many of people haven't same problem same your. Try Windows XP x32
How much ram do you have penek? Yours is a different issue.

machine with 2 videocards (6930 and 6870) have 8 Gb
machine with 4 videocards 6770 have 1 Gb
6770 has 1GB of RAM. The 7950 he has has  2GB of ram. Different problem when the GPU has more ram the the system it seems....

I posted my best results in https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison (see 6870 and 6930)

Edit: append my 6770

Edit2: each my card have 1Gb of ram
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
How to do it in windows I don't now, but many of people haven't same problem same your. Try Windows XP x32

6770 has 1GB of RAM. The 7950 he has has  2GB of ram. Different problem when the GPU has more ram the the system it seems....
legendary

Edit: But cgminer not use many ram (1,1% and 15% of total ram resp.)

P.S. (my bad English)
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
legendary
I came to the result start from:
--scrypt --worksize 64 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 --thread-concurrency {number of shaders by card} --intensity 10
and increase "worksize" and multiplying number of shaders in different variants
Edit: may be you have problem with system
Edit 2: try to reinstall (delete and install new) drivers (from amd.com)

--scrypt --worksize 64 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 1792 --intensity 10  - work = ~60kH/s

with increasing --thread-concurrency = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
only whit --thread-concurrency 1792 work but poor

with increasing over --intensity :
on intensity 11 - Accepted 100% at 135kH/s
on intensity 12 - Accepted / Rejected = 50/50 at ~270kH/s  (target-miss)
on intensity 19 - Rejected 100%  at ~490kH/s  (target-miss)

with increasing worksize to 256 with intensity 11, thread-concurrency 1792 lookup-gap 2
Accepted / Rejected = 75 / 25 at 135kH/s  (target-miss)

How to do it in windows I don't now, but many of people haven't same problem as your. Try Windows XP x32
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Scrypt mining has now been merged into the master branch of cgminer, so you can switch to that and from now on it will be in the main release as well.
Activity: 136
Merit: 10
tester
--scrypt --worksize 64 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 --thread-concurrency {number of shaders by card} --intensity 10

--scrypt --worksize 64 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 1792 --intensity 10  - work = ~60kH/s

with increasing --thread-concurrency = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
only whit --thread-concurrency 1792 work but poor

with increasing over --intensity :
on intensity 11 - Accepted 100% at 135kH/s
on intensity 12 - Accepted / Rejected = 50/50 at ~270kH/s  (target-miss)
on intensity 19 - Rejected 100%  at ~490kH/s  (target-miss)

with increasing worksize to 256 with intensity 11, thread-concurrency 1792 lookup-gap 2
Accepted / Rejected = 75 / 25 at 135kH/s  (target-miss)
legendary
This could well be a limiting factor because it needs both system and gpu ram... Maybe try concurrency of 1792 but increase lookup gap from the default of 2.

--scrypt --shaders 1792 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 1792

and :

--lookup-gap 2 - work = 4.0Kh/s
--lookup-gap 3 - crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
--lookup-gap 4 - crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
--lookup-gap 5 - crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
--lookup-gap 6 - crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
--lookup-gap 7 - crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)

only --lookup-gap 2
and -g 1

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
--scrypt -g 1 --thread-concurrency 896
Then try lookup gaps of 1,2,3,4 on top

...but I think you're screwed. Mine bitcoin or get more system ram.
how much total ram do you suggest

Note I am guessing this is the problem, I am not totally sure, so I really don't even know how much to recommend. I can mine on 4x7970s with 4GB of system ram at shaders of 2048 (you have less shaders on a 7950).
tester

how much total ram do you suggest
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
This could well be a limiting factor because it needs both system and gpu ram... Maybe try concurrency of 1792 but increase lookup gap from the default of 2.

and :

--lookup-gap 3 - crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
--lookup-gap 4 - crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
--lookup-gap 5 - crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
--lookup-gap 6 - crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
--lookup-gap 7 - crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)

tester
only --lookup-gap 2
and -g 1
crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
legendary

and :

only --lookup-gap 2
and -g 1
tester
Try this
--scrypt --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 1 --intensity 16
--scrypt --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 16364 -g 1 --intensity 16 (if buffer permit)
Result I don't promise

--scrypt --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 1 --intensity 16
- crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)

--scrypt --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 16364 -g 1 --intensity 16 (if buffer permit)
- crash = Error -61: clCreateBuffer (padbuffer8), decrease CT or increase LG
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Looks like there are new commits, I'll build them when I wake up tomorrow. Cheers
tester

and :

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
--thread-concurrency 1792  - work = 4.0Kh/s
--thread-concurrency 3584  - crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
--thread-concurrency 5376  - crash = Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)

I have this error (in linux)
Resolved by "export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1" and "export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100"
how to do it in windows I don't know
The only way to do it in windows is to reboot into linux.
legendary
I have this error (in linux)
Resolved by "export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS"
how to do it in windows I don't know

windows 7 x64
gpu driver 12.6
sdk 2.7

same drivers and sdk in linux x64
Pages:
Jump to: