Pages:
Author

Topic: ATTN Litecoin GPU Miners - Scrypt support for cgminer - page 9. (Read 175818 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

Actually 40% you probably should add this also:
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=0

What does that command do exactly? I know that setting this variable to 1 solved the 100% CPU bug for some, but I've never found any explanation of it.
pretty sure it locks the CPU usage to one core.  99% sure.

That at least makes sense for "export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1". But what about "export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=0"?
It does not lock it to a cpu. It affects internal function of the amd driver, but what exactly, I don't know. As for "GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=0" that was actually a typo I meant to write 1! I doubt it does anything with scrypt mining.

lol, thanks for the clarification!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

What does that command do exactly? I know that setting this variable to 1 solved the 100% CPU bug for some, but I've never found any explanation of it.

That at least makes sense for "export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1". But what about "export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=0"?
It does not lock it to a cpu. It affects internal function of the amd driver, but what exactly, I don't know. As for "GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=0" that was actually a typo I meant to write 1! I doubt it does anything with scrypt mining.
legendary

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
The latest git version will limit the size of the thread concurrency if you only git it --shaders alone, so it might be worth doing that and setting max allocation to 100%.

and testing lower than maximum TC is worth checking out

I found that my best hash rate came with max allocation 80 and -g 1 on a 5850 ... cgminer sets TC 5760 instead of 7200

Now I am running with max allocation 100, --thread-concurrency 5760 -g1 and my rate is 277 Kh/s (tc 7200 gives 257 Kh/s)
p2pool's rate estimate confirms the reported speed, so I think that I found my optimum

btw my earlier report of good hash rate with max allocation 40 / 50 was erroneous: 2 GPU Threads with TC 2880 produced many invalid shares reported by p2pool but they were counted as accepted shares in cgminer
(lowering intensity eliminates the invalid shares but reduces hash rate)

time to switch my other machines to LTC mining (cards 5870, 6790 and 2 different AMD APUs to optimize *lol*)
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
The latest git version will limit the size of the thread concurrency if you only git it --shaders alone, so it might be worth doing that and setting max allocation to 100%.
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com

Activity: 40

Beats me  Huh

I just tried to mine with GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=0 ... got 247 Kh/s and cgminer used 66% CPU
without it I have 259 Kh/s and CPU usage is at 1%

and let me add: on my 5850 exporting GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=50 lets me start 2 GPU threads and increases rate to 274 Kh/s
(40% abut the same hash rate) ... it uses TC 2880 instead of TC 7200 with 100% ...

up from 60% I must use -g 1
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
If you had used p2pool before and switched off the system will have accumulated partial shares and when you restart it catches up again.
Activity: 675
Merit: 513
When I start cgminer (pointing to p2pool) I get hundreds of shares in the first seconds:

After that it slows down to a normal level.
Any idea why?
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
My 6770 is spiking up to 200kh on reaper, so it looks like a limit.
Has anyone got more then 207kh/s out of a 5770?
Activity: 49
So guys, ckolivas asked me some hours ago to report back with a "windows lost again" setup!

MSI 6970 Lightning @945c/1375m

Code:
was set to 1 for bitcoins cpu hogging
Code:
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=40
you need to get the value specific for your card set! 100 crashes kernel for me 30 drops hashrate to 70kh/s
Code:
./cgminer --scrypt --shaders 1538 -I 16
Yes, exactly! I did not set anything else..
Results in
Code:
GPU 0:                |  428.2/ 434.0Kh/s | A:11354 R:140 HW:0 U:24.57/m I:16

for windows it was some like 390Kh/s with U averaging at <22/m
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Beats me  Huh
legendary

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Don't forget people do:
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
before starting in any linux guide.

Okay! Thanks!
Actually you probably should add this also:
EDIT: export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1

I might add that the first percentage is not set in stone yet, perhaps something like 40% would actually be better... we're still working out the witchcraft brew.
legendary
Activity: 1204
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
Windows... uuurgh... Never mind... I'll try it tomorrow with my 5XXX cards... Tks anyway!

What cards? And the guide, when it comes down to configurating the cards, works the same way. I'm just explaining how to use --shaders.

The guide won't have sureset settings for every card guys. Wow if I had that kinda time... no it explains how to set up cgminer, and it gives some insight as to finding the best settings.

legendary
Activity: 1204
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
Don't forget people do:

Okay! Thanks!
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Don't forget people do:
Nobody going to help me test my pool for tonight? I know at least payouts are working, I have already found two blocks. I just need to make sure pushpool will run fine under some load and make sure nothing fucks up in one night. Its PPLNS.

Edit:
Oh well, I'm out.
Pages:
Jump to: