Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon 6 Vs Antminer S7, which one you will choose? - page 14. (Read 38717 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
70db is dissapointing . when i get one i will see if i can tweak it.

i am willing to try 3000gh rather then 3600 my hope would be to get better hash per watt.

if i get it do 800 watts and 55db i would be happy with it.
Same here definitely going to see if the back side (where the pci cables plug in) silver mounts allow screws, if so push and pull with quiet fans and lowered to keep it cool and quiet.

Well full speed seem to be for 38C intake.

Unless you run it in a sauna, you should be able to lower the fan speed considerably. Here in winter i can feed it 0~10C intake so i'm actually pretty excited about this.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
Avalon now have a partner in USA that will manage the RMA and the sell. This is a really good new imho. We will probably get better support and cheap shipping price.  Grin
Oh that is awesome! Who is their partner and do they have a current site with a shop?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3plynq/avalon_6_vs_antminer_s7_which_one_you_will_choose/
This doesn't say who the resaler is at all and makes it sound less confirmed.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
70db is dissapointing . when i get one i will see if i can tweak it.

i am willing to try 3000gh rather then 3600 my hope would be to get better hash per watt.

if i get it do 800 watts and 55db i would be happy with it.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
sorry guys, on avalon6S, my major design goal is to lower the cost and keep it stable & reliable at the same time.

look, most of your attention is price, price, price. how can i waste any more cents on user expreiences?  Undecided

ng

Only some few ones shout price price price.

Look, there are 3 pages following mentioned "price " dozens of times. So I'm right. Grin

The picture you got is a prototype. Final product will be natural steel color, not painted.

About noise, I just did a short test in my lab. It's ~70db @ 1M, full fan speed (~3800rpm), include
a noisy server PSU. Air in-take temp is ~ 30C, board temp is ~ 72C. Will significantly lower the
noise by lower the fan rpm, but the ambient temperature should be low.

In this design, I leave the fan out of the case, in order to change the fan fast. This is a very important feature for large facilities.

About price and delivery plan, I will not announce business information here. But I think there will no long wait.

Hmm 70db is pretty loud, but the fan can be changed? Is it a dual fan system or can I do a push and pull system to lower noise?

It sounds like you can but you should have a low ambient.  It looks like they put a goo amount of hashing into this machine.

So likely we will have to have someone play with one and let us know how it handles low RPM in certain ambiant temps.
Avalon now have a partner in USA that will manage the RMA and the sell. This is a really good new imho. We will probably get better support and cheap shipping price.  Grin

That is awsome news. I'm thinking about picking up another SHA miner. I haven't ran an Avalon before, if the specs hold up I'm really interested in this. Having a partner in the US is big for me!
3.6 TH/S for 1.1 KW is not bad too me and their products are definitely good, them having a US partner is a HUGE bonus, the shipping from china is why I have never bought a new antminer device EVER.
legendary
sorry guys, on avalon6S, my major design goal is to lower the cost and keep it stable & reliable at the same time.

look, most of your attention is price, price, price. how can i waste any more cents on user expreiences?  Undecided

ng

Look, there are 3 pages following mentioned "price " dozens of times. So I'm right. Grin

The picture you got is a prototype. Final product will be natural steel color, not painted.

About noise, I just did a short test in my lab. It's ~70db @ 1M, full fan speed (~3800rpm), include
a noisy server PSU. Air in-take temp is ~ 30C, board temp is ~ 72C. Will significantly lower the

In this design, I leave the fan out of the case, in order to change the fan fast. This is a very important feature for large facilities.

About price and delivery plan, I will not announce business information here. But I think there will no long wait.

Thanks for the update!  That is great to hear not long.  A lot of us are excited to hear more about it.

Happy to see you reading the forum Smiley.

And there will be fan speed control! Thats just great, it might be the next miner i will start picking up if its easier to chew down that forking over 2k for a S7. Sound like it will be possible to make it run pretty quiet, though it will not be as quiet as the 4.1

I hope we'll be able to fit 2 fans on it too.
legendary

ng

Thanks for the update!  That is great to hear not long.  A lot of us are excited to hear more about it.

Happy to see you reading the forum Smiley.
Oh that is awesome! Who is their partner and do they have a current site with a shop?
Activity: 592
Merit: 501
We will stand and fight.

ng

legendary
This thread is useless without price AND guaranteed delivery date.

No different then what is going on with the SP50 thread.

I think that the Avalon 6 will be out before SP50 but that is a guess.  I just think that miner looked pretty production ready.

I  think SP50 has a lot more hurdles being the huge miner.  And it announced lower electricity use.

There's also a very low chance of getting in the first production batch(es) unless you rubbed Spoondoolies with a fat stack of bills and pre ordered before the others. But Valkir sent them a e-mail one months ago asking for a quote for a small group buy and he has not posted back with them giving a reply yet.

So good chances its going to take quite a while longer still. Perhaps not before 2016.
legendary

I think that the Avalon 6 will be out before SP50 but that is a guess.  I just think that miner looked pretty production ready.

I  think SP50 has a lot more hurdles being the huge miner.  And it announced lower electricity use.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com

legendary
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3plynq/avalon_6_vs_antminer_s7_which_one_you_will_choose/

The official re-seller no doubt will be ehash.  That is  CANAAN CREATIVE's official online store (Avalon's official store).  So that one most likely will be cheapest to buy unless they team up with someone else.

iTOPshop.net get credit for releasing specs once again.  I'm starting to be surprised companies send to them specs as they seem to be first one wanting to release specs, which is great for us but companies I'm not sure wanted them released.  I just wish we knew the price.

When ITOP released the S5+ specs, it took very little time before we saw the official announcement, then pricing. So good odds they'll come out of the wood with a price tag soon...

I would agree it looks like "soon".  That miner looks like a production miner not prototype.  As it really has finish to it, and looks pretty much done.

So I'm hoping price "soon" but guess we will see.  I like ITOP more and more each time they do the first to post thing.
Yeah I have no clue how they get their information, they must have someone who is near the area when they fabricate a lot of the miners.

I'm wondering the same.  I can't imagine companies sending them specs early at this point.   They love being first to release.  So it works great for us miners, I love it.

But as a mining manufacture I would think you would be unhappy to see it posted on forum by someone else.
legendary

The official re-seller no doubt will be ehash.  That is  CANAAN CREATIVE's official online store (Avalon's official store).  So that one most likely will be cheapest to buy unless they team up with someone else.

iTOPshop.net get credit for releasing specs once again.  I'm starting to be surprised companies send to them specs as they seem to be first one wanting to release specs, which is great for us but companies I'm not sure wanted them released.  I just wish we knew the price.

When ITOP released the S5+ specs, it took very little time before we saw the official announcement, then pricing. So good odds they'll come out of the wood with a price tag soon...

I would agree it looks like "soon".  That miner looks like a production miner not prototype.  As it really has finish to it, and looks pretty much done.

So I'm hoping price "soon" but guess we will see.  I like ITOP more and more each time they do the first to post thing.
legendary

legendary

Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
It probably not but it would be interesting to find out what thier plans are....
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

That is awsome news. I'm thinking about picking up another SHA miner. I haven't ran an Avalon before, if the specs hold up I'm really interested in this. Having a partner in the US is big for me!
legendary

That's quiet a relief, its pretty much more of a real warranty if we don't need to pay insane costs to ship it back to Bitmain.

The efficiency is relatively low compared to whats coming and even what's already out. So hopefully the price will match. I might be interested in buying them if they were at 700-825$ per unit. I'm under the impression there will be a premium like for the 4.1, so maybe they will try to sell it for 1000-1100, however.
Pages:
Jump to: