Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon 7 - page 7. (Read 22560 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2016, 08:28:55 PM
Are they going to support RPi's as a controller as well? I have no experience with "Orange" Pi's.

In fact I hadn't heard of them before the related A7 posts. Had to google it.

I have some pi's  wtf is an orange pi?

links

https://www.amazon.com/Orange-Pi-Single-Computer-Cortex-A7/dp/B018W6OTIM/ref=sr_1_1?

http://www.orangepi.org/

orange PI are a newer faster better cheaper PI then rasp pi. they have more support then some think . There is more of them as well in there product line.

I had few Facebook messages with Canaan.io today, but only thing they could say is that news are coming soon.

That's all they keep telling me but I trust it will come Smiley. there sending me a free MCU for my out of warranty Avalon 6 , I messed up trying to update to the MM dated AUG 15th, all i have to do is tell others which, I'll do gladly not that they need me to but i will . to me the Avalon product line is the best miner so far but Ive said this before after owning  2 . even the A6 i thought was very quiet till i screwed up the MCU.

Are they going to support RPi's as a controller as well? I have no experience with "Orange" Pi's.

my guess is yes !!! why not . orange pi's use the same OS as rpi, same command line etc .if you use a rpi then using a orange is the same.
Activity: 578
Merit: 501
August 29, 2016, 06:28:58 PM
Now that the R4 is a bust for me based on price, I am definitely looking forward to the A7.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
August 29, 2016, 04:14:30 PM
I had few Facebook messages with Canaan.io today, but only thing they could say is that news are coming soon.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
August 25, 2016, 12:14:25 AM

I have some pi's  wtf is an orange pi?

links

https://www.amazon.com/Orange-Pi-Single-Computer-Cortex-A7/dp/B018W6OTIM/ref=sr_1_1?

http://www.orangepi.org/
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
August 24, 2016, 10:46:10 PM

legendary
August 24, 2016, 08:29:04 PM
I'll be buying one, for sure, hopefully via philip and another one of his patent pending Group Buys!

yeah the s9  is wearing me out.

I have had a hard summer in NJ really hot for a lot of days.

My kitchen reno is finally done  10 weeks  minus a day  69 frakking days!

Tomorrow or fri I am going back to the solar array to figure why it keeps acting up.  I am waiting on new parts.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
August 24, 2016, 10:15:47 AM
I'll be buying one, for sure, hopefully via philip and another one of his patent pending Group Buys!
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
August 24, 2016, 07:27:53 AM
Yes, with all the problems Bitmain is having at the moment, Canaan Creative could still rule this miner generation if they soon come up with a good energy-efficient miner and have good customer service!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
August 23, 2016, 08:28:47 PM
I also have a space reserved for an A7. I was going to get another S9 but decided not to because of all the recent hardware and warranty problems that people have been seeing. I've been lucky so far with my S9s, but luck tends to run out at some point.

It's really good timing for Avalon from a public relations perspective. But I do worry that whatever they ship, Bitmain will brutally undercut them by dropping the price of the S9. There are definitely folks out there who care more about price than quality, so the cheaper S9s will sell like crazy.

I fear for the difficulty, and all of our ROIs...
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
August 23, 2016, 03:11:14 PM
Just found this thread...glad I did. Some of you know me from Kano's pool. I've moved my commitment to Avalon (I've only got three S7s in a datacenter, plus to now six S3s at home). Put my first A6 online a couple of days ago, and happy with it. Second shipped this morning. They are, in my experience, as profitable as an S7, better built, and easier to manage in a low-amp environment. The S3s are retiring when A6 #2 comes online, and will be distributed in pairs, w/psus, to some other disabled folks here on the island who have an interest, free power, and a desire to learn about BTC.

Anyway...also anxiously awaiting the A7 release. Any further buys on my part will be this next-gen unit (so long as it's competitively priced) and go to Labrador. Might even replace the A6s with one or two, and pay forward the A6s...who knows.

Nice.  I have space reserved for two of them.
They sound nice, and I also have room for just one. I may buy more if they perform well, but it's looking good for Avalon so far.. I may even replace my one S9 for an A7. Keeping up with the thread for new developments, but I doubt anything too major will happen. I just don't like one company basically having the whole generation in their hands; Avalon might make this one better. I just hope that the miner's efficiency is good enough that it'd be worth buying- it could definitely be a major contender, provided it's reliable enough. I'd also secretly like to see another USB miner from them, although I doubt they'll make any more.
legendary
August 23, 2016, 02:29:16 PM
Just found this thread...glad I did. Some of you know me from Kano's pool. I've moved my commitment to Avalon (I've only got three S7s in a datacenter, plus to now six S3s at home). Put my first A6 online a couple of days ago, and happy with it. Second shipped this morning. They are, in my experience, as profitable as an S7, better built, and easier to manage in a low-amp environment. The S3s are retiring when A6 #2 comes online, and will be distributed in pairs, w/psus, to some other disabled folks here on the island who have an interest, free power, and a desire to learn about BTC.

Anyway...also anxiously awaiting the A7 release. Any further buys on my part will be this next-gen unit (so long as it's competitively priced) and go to Labrador. Might even replace the A6s with one or two, and pay forward the A6s...who knows.

Nice.  I have space reserved for two of them.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1003
August 23, 2016, 01:19:09 PM

legendary
August 17, 2016, 09:02:39 AM
can hardy wait for my A6 to come they just updated the software again jk.

but hey did and i have one coming hoping it ships today .

I almost bought an A6 from HolyScott the other day, but then I found out it would not include an AUC. Oh well, here is to hoping the A7 comes out soon.

i have two AUC one Avalon sent me free, one i ordered off eby by mistake for my A4.1 that was marked for A6 ( I didn't notice when i ordered it ) which also works on 4.1 and i think holy has some he asked me if i needed one i don't sense i have 2 of version two.

and some one on the forum market is selling a A6 with everything but a pi and psu for 260 free shipping offered me a good deal but i had all ready committed to a buy .

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15943215  dam went even lower 229.2 us  in btc
August 17, 2016, 08:58:41 AM

I almost bought an A6 from HolyScott the other day, but then I found out it would not include an AUC. Oh well, here is to hoping the A7 comes out soon.
legendary
August 17, 2016, 08:57:05 AM
I would like the Avalon 7 to be better then the s-9  in terms of power use.

Say .090 or .085  watts vs .100 watts for the s-9.

I am hoping for something in the 800W to 1000W range at ~0.09 efficiency.

800 watts and 10th would be good. Grin

that would be awesome with a price tag of maybe 800 to 1000 Smiley. but we know there price is all ways higher then bitmain or has been .can't blame them either i wouldn't want a price war with bitmain we saw what that did to Spondoolies-Tech.

if you think about it bitmain controls it all right now as far as selling miners goes they set the price etc unless some one wants to price war with them if you do you better have deep packets .

any way i hope the a7 follows suit and stays as they said : is for every one . high price tag or not so far from what Ive seen if i could afforded any Avalon on release i would have bought it first there's are better built etc and to me worth it .

cyz

I would be more willing to get  them if they do better on watts  then the s-9.

I'd pay a premium for a 800 watt 10th machine

If they were around $1000 shipped, I would buy more than one.
I'd pay 1500 shipped regardless of the price, since I just mainly dislike current Bitmain products. I have near-free electricity, though, so I can afford to run some old miners. Nevertheless I would need to see the first-batch quality to actually make a decision on buying one.

Btw, I have a few orange pis, and they're a PITA to start. There's almost no support from the orange pi website, but glad that Canaan made some for it. Besides that, not too bad of a board- it does run a bit warm, but otherwise fine. Probably trying to shave off a few bucks from the total cost to us consumers.

i think they know what ever price it's a seller , have to agree bitmain is getting worse and worse .

as for orange support it : http://www.armbian.com/download/  lots of it here.

http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/forum/13-allwinner-h3/
legendary
August 17, 2016, 08:55:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
August 17, 2016, 06:56:06 AM

that would be awesome with a price tag of maybe 800 to 1000 Smiley. but we know there price is all ways higher then bitmain or has been .can't blame them either i wouldn't want a price war with bitmain we saw what that did to Spondoolies-Tech.

if you think about it bitmain controls it all right now as far as selling miners goes they set the price etc unless some one wants to price war with them if you do you better have deep packets .

any way i hope the a7 follows suit and stays as they said : is for every one . high price tag or not so far from what Ive seen if i could afforded any Avalon on release i would have bought it first there's are better built etc and to me worth it .

cyz

I would be more willing to get  them if they do better on watts  then the s-9.

I'd pay 1500 shipped regardless of the price, since I just mainly dislike current Bitmain products. I have near-free electricity, though, so I can afford to run some old miners. Nevertheless I would need to see the first-batch quality to actually make a decision on buying one.

Btw, I have a few orange pis, and they're a PITA to start. There's almost no support from the orange pi website, but glad that Canaan made some for it. Besides that, not too bad of a board- it does run a bit warm, but otherwise fine. Probably trying to shave off a few bucks from the total cost to us consumers.
August 16, 2016, 11:21:59 PM

cyz

I would be more willing to get  them if they do better on watts  then the s-9.

legendary
August 16, 2016, 09:21:53 PM

cyz

I would be more willing to get  them if they do better on watts  then the s-9.

legendary
August 16, 2016, 07:50:48 PM

cyz
Pages:
Jump to: