Author

Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread - page 157. (Read 438516 times)

Activity: 397
Merit: 500
June 25, 2013, 12:23:53 PM
Hi.

I've uploaded a new firmware with the about-to-be-released cgminer 3.3.1 with 2 new features which I hope you'll like:

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/avalon/20130626/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin

--avalon-auto       Adjust avalon overclock frequency dynamically for best hashrate
--avalon-cutoff Set avalon overheat cut off temperature (default: 60)

this is in addition to the existing options:

--avalon-options Set avalon options baud:miners:asic:timeout:freq
--avalon-temp Set avalon target temperature (default: 50)

My 2 avalons sitting at 355/352. Temps 35/41 and 35/39
--avalon-temp 40

With strombom firmware they run @365 86.9 GH after 20h

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
June 25, 2013, 12:05:48 PM

Hi.

I've uploaded a new firmware with the about-to-be-released cgminer 3.3.1 with 2 new features which I hope you'll like:

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/avalon/20130626/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin

--avalon-auto       Adjust avalon overclock frequency dynamically for best hashrate

my batch 2 did not enjoy any of that a constant rate of 129mh/s..... all discarded.
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
June 25, 2013, 12:05:21 PM
What is an acceptable HW:Accepted ratio?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
June 25, 2013, 11:56:27 AM
Is there a relationship between HW errors and temperature? I.e. is it better to let the fans work harder and make more noise even though the machine can handle 48-50c well to reduce them?
I have the same question.
There is a relationship, but you'll have to experiment and tell me what you find yourself. It's cold here so nothing runs hot even with fans at their lowest.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
June 25, 2013, 11:55:22 AM
Hi.

yes I like it very much;) be sure to get a little donation from me

in which frequency and time steppings --avalon-auto adjusts the frequency?

Thanks appreciate the donations ^_^  

It goes up by 2Mhz and down by 1 at a time, and the timeout is automatically adjusted via my new algorithm based on the highest I could find that wouldn't create dupes (the previous values still would on occasion). I spent a few hours playing with what ratio of hardware errors to hashrate yielded close to the ideal amount. It will be interesting to see if those with massive cooling, extra power, setting their target temp lower and so on, what speeds it will tune to. Mine sits at 351.
Activity: 266
June 25, 2013, 11:54:54 AM
Is there a relationship between HW errors and temperature? I.e. is it better to let the fans work harder and make more noise even though the machine can handle 48-50c well to reduce them?
I have the same question.
Activity: 817
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
June 25, 2013, 11:53:14 AM
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
June 25, 2013, 11:47:52 AM
Hi.

yes I like it very much;) be sure to get a little donation from me

in which frequency and time steppings --avalon-auto adjusts the frequency?

edit: other question deleted got the answer by reading the changelog;)
June 25, 2013, 11:27:28 AM
how do we add these to the cgminer config?

You add them to the last config field, "More Options(Default: --quiet)".

Seconding the request for frequency report.

Edit: Actually I see now that frequency changed in the cgminer status page with this option on. Good job. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
June 25, 2013, 11:23:22 AM
Hi.

my batch 2 did not enjoy any of that a constant rate of 129mh/s..... all discarded.
June 25, 2013, 11:16:04 AM
Hi.

--avalon-auto       Adjust avalon overclock frequency dynamically for best hashrate

Testing right now... (=
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
June 25, 2013, 10:55:12 AM
Going to test this one out next Smiley

cgminer team never ceases to amaze
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
June 25, 2013, 10:53:40 AM
Hi.

--avalon-auto       Adjust avalon overclock frequency dynamically for best hashrate

Activity: 133
Merit: 101
Res Et Non Verbum
June 25, 2013, 10:50:20 AM
I posted firmware that allows you to set a target temperature with cgminer 3.3.0...

great! later I 'll try it and send you some tips about this..
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
June 25, 2013, 10:10:32 AM
is this a batch one or batch 2?

either way it should not be doing that on 282mhz......
this is for a batch one
legendary
Activity: 1610
June 25, 2013, 10:01:29 AM
I just think the blue fan is a bit shit........all three of my batch one blue fans could run a bit better

In the beginning at max PWM speed i thought that blue fan is sucking air from the unit instead of blowing cold air from outside. I put a lighter near by two PWM fans and i clearly can see the light going against the avalon. When lighter was close to blue one it was the opposite and lite was off..That is why i thought shit the fan is sucking.. And this may be due to air turbulence inside and that can make fan stop also as reported. I have to try same with smoke

Something is wrong with blue fan. I will change it these days

Do you have exhaust fan installed at exit? I added two fans, one normal speed fan and a PWM fan, so that when 2 main fans spin too fast, the PWM fan will accelerate accordingly to reduce the pressure in the case, otherwise with high air pressure generated by those 130+ CFM fans running at maximum, every exist including the blue fan will just have airflow outwards

By the way, 350 seems quite unstable for me, I had 3-4 cgminer restarts in one night (temp3 around 41c degree), and now I lowered it to 325

10X johnyj !

That was i was missing. You suggest exhaust fan to lower the pressure right? What about pressure itself does it correlate to cooling? I mean higher pressure=better cooling?

If that is the case i will just switch blue fan of. I have noticed that intake temp raised "suddenly" with 3 degrees which is false of course i am measuring constantly with other tools:) Which proves the fact that a hot air hits tem sensor just below blue fan. In other words when pwm fans are operating in max it is completely useless. Is that true

PS: buy the way restarts may come from your script how often do you run it? Do you lose network connectivity. And finally i think cgminer needs at least 2 mins to consider pool is dead. So if your primary pool dies restart (cgminer monitor may restart it).

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
June 25, 2013, 09:12:45 AM
I just think the blue fan is a bit shit........all three of my batch one blue fans could run a bit better

In the beginning at max PWM speed i thought that blue fan is sucking air from the unit instead of blowing cold air from outside. I put a lighter near by two PWM fans and i clearly can see the light going against the avalon. When lighter was close to blue one it was the opposite and lite was off..That is why i thought shit the fan is sucking.. And this may be due to air turbulence inside and that can make fan stop also as reported. I have to try same with smoke

Something is wrong with blue fan. I will change it these days

Do you have exhaust fan installed at exit? I added two fans, one normal speed fan and a PWM fan, so that when 2 main fans spin too fast, the PWM fan will accelerate accordingly to reduce the pressue in the case, otherwise with high air pressure generated by those 130+ CFM fans running at maximum, every exist including the blue fan will just have airflow outwards

By the way, 350 seems quite unstable for me, I had 3-4 cgminer restarts in one night (temp3 around 41c degree), and now I lowered it to 325

June 25, 2013, 06:24:07 AM

My HW rate was about 1400+

Per hour?
Jump to: