Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread - page 84. (Read 438516 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
September 03, 2013, 04:34:39 AM
Thanks Guys. Its hasing nicely along now, on the ethernet.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
September 02, 2013, 03:07:18 PM
You're problem is with the TP-LINK, I was able to fix the issue by replacing that module. You can see pictures here: www.neo-asics.com
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
September 02, 2013, 07:48:22 AM
Hello all. After some Internet downtime(damn ISPs) and a swift relocation of my batch 3 3module avalon. I have a hard time getting uptime. The ethernet connection is unbelivably slow and disconnects and connects all the time. It took me 2hours to connect it to the WIFI. It was up to about 68gh/s for one hour, and then died. Now im having a hard time acsessing the web interface. Anybody got any idea whats causing this slow/briken connection on the ethernet between my avalon and my ubuntu laptop? thanks.

Make sure you have the avalon only have either wifi or ethernet connecting to the default gateway, if both are on the same subnet, your avalon is trying to connect via both to the outside and that gives weird results.

If you stick to ethernet, remove the wifi support in the interface

That, and i realised if wifi reception is low, somehow after a few hours or days, it just continues to drop connection (read somewhere that wifi card looses power if reception is low). Make sure to use antennae or switch in full to LAN as above poster mentioned.
Activity: 259
Dig your freedom
September 01, 2013, 03:41:27 PM

I want to ask which kind of resistor is missing here on the second chip from right?
I've been looking around,but can't finded what is the corect name and parameters of that one.

You can simple short pad instead MB  M1 on schematic  but there is the reason why this element retorted. I think short inside chip or ceramic capacitor on left side MB.

First: took this module outside.
Moved the last onto his place.
Now can turn on miner.

Then make measure on the damaged PCB:
for a short on 7 pin  to GND and 3v3
If chip are damaged go to cellphone repair box, and swap  chip from last position U12 to U6.
Chip work in the chain and if you remove broken have 2 options:
insert new or one from last position
make wire connection
pin 1 to pin 36
pin 2 to pin 35
Before mount repaired PCB check for short on all chip (1V2  3V3 to GDN)

I hope this help.
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
September 01, 2013, 02:31:41 PM
Hello all. After some Internet downtime(damn ISPs) and a swift relocation of my batch 3 3module avalon. I have a hard time getting uptime. The ethernet connection is unbelivably slow and disconnects and connects all the time. It took me 2hours to connect it to the WIFI. It was up to about 68gh/s for one hour, and then died. Now im having a hard time acsessing the web interface. Anybody got any idea whats causing this slow/briken connection on the ethernet between my avalon and my ubuntu laptop? thanks.

Make sure you have the avalon only have either wifi or ethernet connecting to the default gateway, if both are on the same subnet, your avalon is trying to connect via both to the outside and that gives weird results.

If you stick to ethernet, remove the wifi support in the interface
Activity: 31
September 01, 2013, 01:57:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OlJOgGe.jpg?1

I want to ask which kind of resistor is missing here on the second chip from right?
I've been looking around,but can't finded what is the corect name and parameters of that one.

According to the docs: https://github.com/BitSyncom/avalon-ref/blob/master/PDF/SCH/hash_chip.pdf?raw=true

That is a 60 Ohm @ 100MHz Magnetic Ferrite Chip Bead
Activity: 43
September 01, 2013, 12:36:22 PM
Activity: 41
September 01, 2013, 08:19:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OlJOgGe.jpg?1

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
September 01, 2013, 04:18:53 AM
I just had an avalon that was running fine for weeks suddenly stop working Sad

Red/yellow lights are on. The miner starts but it never does any work (hashrate is 0)

Where should I start looking for the problem?

I had one do something similar. It turned out to be a bad USB cable connection inside of the case. The cable that runs from the built-in router to the front of the case makes poor contact with the hub where all of the power and data cables connect. Try pushing the cable to the right or left of the socket. My theory is the vibration of the fans eventually wiggled the cable enough to get it to disconnect. Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 966
August 31, 2013, 10:07:24 PM

Red/yellow lights are on. The miner starts but it never does any work (hashrate is 0)

Start with the power supply.
legendary
Activity: 966
August 31, 2013, 10:06:46 PM
A huge bright spark came from inside my avalon twice.

Definitely not good.  What do your match_work_count numbers in Cgminer API Log look like now after a few hours of runtime?  Are they equal or disproportionate?
Activity: 24
August 31, 2013, 09:56:52 PM

legendary
Activity: 1112
August 31, 2013, 03:46:07 PM
I noticed the HW rate is higher than the "Accepted" shares.
Accepted is a useless statistic here; look at DiffA.

Error % = HW * 100.0 / (DiffA + HW)

Actually it's easy these days, install the 20130821 firmware from Con and have a look at the Device Hardware% line in Status -> Cgminer API Log:

Activity: 560
Merit: 517
August 31, 2013, 03:16:49 PM
I noticed the HW rate is higher than the "Accepted" shares.
Accepted is a useless statistic here; look at DiffA.

Error % = HW * 100.0 / (DiffA + HW)
Activity: 50
August 31, 2013, 07:26:29 AM
Any thoughts on why any particular unit might be making a clicking sound occasionally? Can't isolate where the sound is from.. no weird operation.. running better than ever.. thoguhts? Potential PSU problem? ETc..

Check your fans. What else could make clicking sound? That is the only moving part of the box.
Activity: 364
August 30, 2013, 04:34:23 AM
Any thoughts on why any particular unit might be making a clicking sound occasionally? Can't isolate where the sound is from.. no weird operation.. running better than ever.. thoguhts? Potential PSU problem? ETc..
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
August 30, 2013, 04:33:20 AM
What's the hashrate with the wire mod @400 or 460Mhz? I got a 1000W PSU on a 3 Module machine, how far will it get me?

@460Mhz  36Ghs per module.

~144GHs for a 4 module unit.   This consumes about 1700watt at the wall.

3 Modules should get you 108Ghs and you would need a 1200 watt supply at minimum.

Also the wire mod alone will not get you any where near 400mhz.  you need to hardware adjust your voltage up to at least 1.3 volts (im at 1.36v)  and you must do something about cooling!!!!!!

Cooling shouldn't be an issue, mine are already water cooled (see my sig).
However I have to calculate if the increase justifies soldering around on my Avalons - also I have to solder it back one day probably...
28 Ghash more is not little, but I need to buy new PSU's and after all I could just buy some ASICMINER blades for 10btc which will give me more hashrate at less power consumption.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
August 30, 2013, 04:00:37 AM
I'm not sure if this has already been asked (if so please just ignore my post and my apologies in advance) but with 07-23-13 firmware (latest on the avalon wiki page) I noticed the HW rate is higher than the "Accepted" shares. For example with 4 day uptime I get HW=137438 Accepted=66266

This is with cgminer 3.3.1 which is the stock cgminer that comes with 07-23.

The miner seems to be hashing fine and as far as I can tell there is no degradation in performance at the pool level. So it must be something with the way cgminer 3.3.1 does things I suppose.

I should mention that I use the --avalon-auto flag and it hovers typically around the 340 to 350 MHz mark. Temp is never above 50C for Temp3, Temp2 is 50, Temp1 is 27.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
August 29, 2013, 02:26:20 PM
i just upgraded to cgminer 8/21/13 and now 2 of my 3 avalons have yellow flashing lights even though they appear to be hashing just fine.

anyone else notice this and what does it mean?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3004093

spiccioli
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
https://www.chynge.net/
August 29, 2013, 02:10:25 PM
What's the hashrate with the wire mod @400 or 460Mhz? I got a 1000W PSU on a 3 Module machine, how far will it get me?

@460Mhz  36Ghs per module.

~144GHs for a 4 module unit.   This consumes about 1700watt at the wall.

3 Modules should get you 108Ghs and you would need a 1200 watt supply at minimum.

Also the wire mod alone will not get you any where near 400mhz.  you need to hardware adjust your voltage up to at least 1.3 volts (im at 1.36v)  and you must do something about cooling!!!!!!
Pages:
Jump to: