Pages:
Author

Topic: [AVALON] - I got my ASIC Thread (Batch #2) - page 26. (Read 53535 times)

Activity: 290
Merit: 100
Got a Kill-a-Watt hooked up to a black Avalon.  Running at 282MHz, I see 577W @ 120V-AC.  That's quite a bit less than what's shown on the wiki (620W).  I'll measure the silver beast to compare after I've let the units marinade for awhile.

The silver one also reports 577W? or 620W?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Congrats to those who have received their avalons.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
As promised: The Unboxening

Let people post comments! "Pure unadulterated cocaine.." XD

Congrats man!  i'm pretty jelly too.

if you want to sell me shares..lmk Smiley
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Find a Way or Make One
Congrats, Thanks for your work. Happy hashing
Activity: 873
Merit: 1007
Happy for you (and jealous  Cheesy)
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Let people post comments! "Pure unadulterated cocaine.." XD
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

Black = sexy! Thanks for the video.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

It was upside down Smiley

I am happy you found out before something bad happened Smiley
legendary
@Bitsyncom, Please show other batch #2 ers some love!!!

When do you think other Batch#2 orders will ship? Any updates would be awesome.

Activity: 560
Merit: 517
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
That's much better power utilization. I love the black case. Avalon, I cant wait...
Got a Kill-a-Watt hooked up to a black Avalon.  Running at 282MHz, I see 577W @ 120V-AC.  That's quite a bit less than what's shown on the wiki (620W).  I'll measure the silver beast to compare after I've let the units marinade for awhile.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Here are two Avalons making sweet, sweet love to one another.  I plan turn put the third Avalon underneath to create a delicious Oreo.

(pics)

As you can see, the rev.2 units have big LEDs on the "front" of the unit.  The rev.2 units also have an extra piece of metal inside the case to direct airflow.  I couldn't see any other differences.

The silver one doesn't match the decor in the rest of your room.  I will take it off your hands and make your room more feng shui.
Here are two Avalons making sweet, sweet love to one another.  I plan turn put the third Avalon underneath to create a delicious Oreo.

As you can see, the rev.2 units have big LEDs on the "front" of the unit.  The rev.2 units also have an extra piece of metal inside the case to direct airflow.  I couldn't see any other differences.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Wow.. people are getting their units, I'm happy for you guys. Maybe I'll play Nyan cat in celebration? :3
legendary
I have 2 confirmation, 4 units. Updated
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
My unit was approved by customs and was out for delivery today.  Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the continent on vacation until Sunday so I won't be turning mine on until then.  For those who are wondering, my order number is/was #566.

Good luck to everyone waiting, I'm not sure if I was part of the "20 test units" or not though.
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
Reports from the battlefield:

All units unboxed, one is running.  Two of the units had the new, black case.  It is very sexy  Cool  You'll see it in the unboxing video.  The third unit has the old case.  The black ones looked pristine; no more dust than I would usually expect.  The third unit (silver case) had significantly more dust, but I figure that's just because it sat around in a dirty warehouse for awhile.  I've gotten dirtier stuff from Amazon.

I did not receive any power cables, wifi antennas, or gloves, and I don't really care  Tongue

All units look good so far, no damage.  I will know for sure after booting up the other two.

Video upload in progress...

grats...i'm curious to see if the insides (fans, cabling, psu, etc) have changed at all from the silver to black cases.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002

All units unboxed, one is running.  Two of the units had the new, black case.  It is very sexy  Cool  You'll see it in the unboxing video.  The third unit has the old case.  The black ones looked pristine; no more dust than I would usually expect.  The third unit (silver case) had significantly more dust, but I figure that's just because it sat around in a dirty warehouse for awhile.  I've gotten dirtier stuff from Amazon.

I did not receive any power cables, wifi antennas, or gloves, and I don't really care  Tongue

All units look good so far, no damage.  I will know for sure after booting up the other two.

Do you know if you are one of the 20 test shipments, or a not so special dude like the rest of us?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Circle gets the Square

All units unboxed, one is running.  Two of the units had the new, black case.  It is very sexy  Cool  You'll see it in the unboxing video.  The third unit has the old case.  The black ones looked pristine; no more dust than I would usually expect.  The third unit (silver case) had significantly more dust, but I figure that's just because it sat around in a dirty warehouse for awhile.  I've gotten dirtier stuff from Amazon.

I did not receive any power cables, wifi antennas, or gloves, and I don't really care  Tongue

All units look good so far, no damage.  I will know for sure after booting up the other two.

Congrats, that was some speedy shipping. Looking forward to the vid!
Pages:
Jump to: