Pages:
Author

Topic: [AVALON] - I got my ASIC Thread (Batch #2) - page 29. (Read 53535 times)

Activity: 172
Merit: 100
adding a column to the first post for "date shipping info received" would be informative too

just a suggestion

good luck everyone Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 517
I called DHL to double check my address and such.  Apparently the package hasn't been given to DHL yet, but once they do have it in their hands it will only take two or three days to arrive at my location in the U.S.  Not too shabby.

Congrats guys please do a video or post pictures when you receive it.
Unless I forget, I'm planning to film unboxing, setup, and perhaps a little jig once it's running.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Congrats guys please do a video or post pictures when you receive it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 517
Tracking received.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
one person has reported in.

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Anyone received tracking #s yet? Any change of status? Some people have been requested to update Phone numbers.

read from page 36 on https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-batch-2-countdown-167726
legendary
Anyone received tracking #s yet? Any change of status? Some people have been requested to update Phone numbers.
legendary
Would be a shame if Batch 2 and Batch 3 customers took a punishing hit from all those Avalon chip group buys.  Avalon's success may very well bite it's own customers  Shocked
You may be right here, selling chips is much more easier than selling than manufacturing, assembling and shipping units.
Activity: 873
Merit: 1007
Would be a shame if Batch 2 and Batch 3 customers took a punishing hit from all those Avalon chip group buys.  Avalon's success may very well bite it's own customers  Shocked
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
As I know till now nobody has received any batch#2 machine.
There is only 2 days left. Let's see whether Avalon team will keep their promise.
legendary
Any news for Batch #2? Few B#2 units should have been shipped already.
legendary
Is it a possibility that the shipping unit is mining with the units first for a while and then shipping them?

you mean DHL mining them? why not, huh?

There's a middle-man between Bitsyncom and DHL IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
can anyone do the math on how much BTC one person can mine in a day if they start shipping batch 2 in April 15? and lets assume that BFL still hasn't ship...

Assuming all of batch 1 is shipped and hashing(it's not, but let's pretend), the 20th/s from batch 2 would put the network at 69TH/s, giving each 67GH/s miner 3.49 bitcoins per day. This isn't factoring in the time it would take for difficulty to adjust. until then, each unit should be able to make 4.9 bitcoins per day.

After batch 3, assuming BFL doesn't ship by then(they probably won't), each 3 module avalon should be able to make 2.2 bitcoins per day.

and after chips being flooded, that is even less coins per day.

each batch of 10.000 chips equals 41x65ghz avalons.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Is it a possibility that the shipping unit is mining with the units first for a while and then shipping them?

you mean DHL mining them? why not, huh?
legendary
bump
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
When will first Batch #2 ship ? A good estimate +-3days is okay.

from the announcement the other day ~4/15
legendary
When will first Batch #2 ship ? A good estimate +-3days is okay.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
How does that make sense BATCH 3 will be able to get a RIO in one month?

Not considering downtown/electricity, 40 days. Faster block discovery before the difficulty adjustment should more than make up for electricity costs though.

this is all assuming no other new hashing power comes online. ASICminer and BFL could change this. If BFL brings 37.5TH/s from their first wafers, and ASICminer gets their stage 2 50TH/s rig online, by the time all of batch 3 is online, a 3 module avalon will make 1.226 bitcoins per day, so 72 days not considering electricity. at $0.10/kwh, in those 72 days it would cost $102 in electricity so all in worst case scenario if bitcoins stay at $75, within 75 days a batch 3 will pay for itself.
Pages:
Jump to: