Pages:
Author

Topic: Avoid auto-buy links, mainly locked or self moderated. Register before dealing - page 4. (Read 75414 times)

Activity: 835
Merit: 502
It seems mod Hilariousandco finally banned the YouTubeTV account.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/deleted-5124209  (but not for scamming Cheesy )

Hilariousandco is pretty cool, he helped me about a year ago delete multiple scamming threads started by one of YouTubeTV's aliases.
Now why the hell would you leave these topics open?

Listen, obviously i'm a noob here -  but you need to understand a couple things, i'll own up to it being my fault but here's how I just fell for the first scam ever in my life.

- The missing 'reply' button doesn't stand out until you go to reply.

- The trust system isn't part of any other forum i've been a member of, so I don't even know to look for that.

So what you're basically doing is leaving up topics that have replies with good (fake) feedback on them - a noob like me sees that, and that it's been up for days.

Why would you not at least edit out the links from the OP?Huh

This is the STRANGEST moderation of scammers i've ever seen, leaving the links to purchase from them live on your forum under any circumstances.  I'm at a loss on who thought there was any need to preserve this info.

Thankfully only out $50 but still - shocked.

Oh man these “not a scam” rants are hilarious to read now.

People tried warning you, but look how you behaved.

You all deserved it.

Pretty ironic that you laugh at others who have been scammed and tell them they deserve it, then get scammed yourself.  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1921
Merit: 1230
AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

Listen, obviously i'm a noob here -  but you need to understand a couple things, i'll own up to it being my fault but here's how I just fell for the first scam ever in my life.

- The trust system isn't part of any other forum i've been a member of, so I don't even know to look for that.

So what you're basically doing is leaving up topics that have replies with good (fake) feedback on them - a noob like me sees that, and that it's been up for days.

This is the STRANGEST moderation of scammers i've ever seen, leaving the links to purchase from them live on your forum under any circumstances.  I'm at a loss on who thought there was any need to preserve this info.

Thankfully

only out $50 but still - shocked.

It's not the "strangest" it is non-existent. Sadly, the owners of this forum do not moderate scams so the folks in this thread try to help.

No one here can do anything. Since you didn't post where or who scammed you which is strange, if indeed it happened to you we can't say to you "did you read his TRUST"?  You have been registered for 6 months so the scammers trust should be right there in red under their name unless he too is new. Sorry you lost $50.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0

Listen, obviously i'm a noob here -  but you need to understand a couple things, i'll own up to it being my fault but here's how I just fell for the first scam ever in my life.

This is the STRANGEST moderation of scammers i've ever seen, leaving the links to purchase from them live on your forum under any circumstances.  I'm at a loss on who thought there was any need to preserve this info.

Thankfully only out $50 but still - shocked.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
So, just lost $50 on this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/need-starbucks-egift-1807733

My question is why do you guys even let this post stay here in forum.

The forum Moderators can't tell you who to trust and who not to trust, but the members here try to warn about scammers , you need to look at the user trust page, most of the time scammers have at least 1 negative tag. but a general rule on this forum is to always assume that whoever has a locked/self-moderated topic is scam by default, there are however a few legit sellers who make self-moderated topics to avoid spam, but that will be 1 in 100 at best case scenario.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 3612
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Did you check the trust before buying? Your account is not new and it is easy to note the red Warning on his account.
Did you read the sticky thread in this section? This topic warns you of these deals.

Sorry for your loss but the forum tries to prevent these abuses, and since Possible (or real) scams and Trust ratings are not moderated (to prevent moderation abuse), prevention is better than cure.

More solutions may need to be added, such as preventing members of red trust or small ranks from posting Auto-Buy
 links.
Activity: 3
So, just lost $50 on this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/need-starbucks-egift-1807733

So I'm looking to buy giftcards, and I stumbled upon this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/deleted-expired-1674707
I was close to buying from him through discord, but decided to register on the forum to learn more.
He's got a -200 trust score and his reviewers also have negative trusts. Ain't this a red flag? Can a mod please confirm if he's a scam or not? This will save other newbies like myself.

Kind Regards

I would not buy from him with his neg score, the mods don't care if he is a scammer, they won't do anything about it, scammers are tolerated here, that's why there are so many.
Activity: 4
So are there any viable sellers of cd keys or they are all scammers ? Especially the ones which are new members with as they say (MS Admin with 3k+ cd keys) ?

Alice_Rooney is a scammer btw. Just for the new members to know it. I am realy disappointed of this forum too much scammers not adequate system (escrew ... realy?). Especialy foe a new members... take care guys... never pay first and always want a sample first because here is the scamspace.
Activity: 324
Merit: 260
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469
https://Ecua.Mobi
I wanna move my topic to new place. However, I did not know that forum has moving topic feature for topic owner.
Then I locked it and created new topic at new board. Unfortunately, someone else marked me as un-trusted (negative infractions) because of using AutoBuy link + Lock topic.

How can I do?
Stop using auto-buy links. You're not trusted enough to do that. Instead sell directly here asking a trusted member of this forum to act as escrow.
Edit all your posts with that change and then PM the user who tagged you. Almost certainly he will remove it.
Activity: 42
I wanna move my topic to new place. However, I did not know that forum has moving topic feature for topic owner.
Then I locked it and created new topic at new board. Unfortunately, someone else marked me as un-trusted (negative infractions) because of using AutoBuy link + Lock topic.

How can I do?
Activity: 3
damn it, I wish I would of took the time to read this post.  I guess i'm to nice,  lessons learned.  Luckily it was just mined crypto, but still disappointed.
Activity: 5
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5071365.40
Now he locked the topic after I called him out. Check trust for further information.

Youre Sandy and YouTubetv lmao Sandy why you delete your response on when you admitted this person responding was your only alt account? LMAO I got you stressing. Everybody and their moms already read it so I don't know why you deleted it. I guess you thought since we didn't reply no one read your reply comment?Huh LMAO stop digging your own grave. I didn't want to expose you but u just can't shut up. You're a scammer we all know you're YoutubeTV and none of us cared but your big mouth is what's shining the attention on you. Get your money and shut up lol How u gonna use one account to scam and use the next to expose scam. Notice your list of scammers above doesn't have YoutubeTV name on the list lol Get your money I ain't mad at u just hate people playing both sides of the fence.

Oh look everyone another YouTubetv alt, they are everywhere here. The kid is like a virus.  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: