Pages:
Author

Topic: Avoid MEW Phishing - page 4. (Read 864 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
November 15, 2018, 01:30:13 PM
It's really simple. Use MyCrypto instead of Myetherwallet. It's made by the same team, It looks the same and it has more improvements so there is no reason why you wouldn't use it.

I haven't seen a single phishing attempt yet targeting Mycrypto, most likely because hackers are not really aware of it as of now as not many people use it. Either way, the domain name is shorter so It's unlikely that you'll fall it.
What is the main difference between mycrypto and myetherwallet? Both are online wallets, so how could you avoid phishing on some other online website?
Activity: 177
Merit: 10
Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts
November 15, 2018, 01:24:02 PM
In order not to suffer from phishing,it is necessary to observe minimal precautions.It isn`t difficult at least sometimes to check the name of the site.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
November 15, 2018, 01:18:16 PM
honestly I have never heard of Mycrypto wallet, but I'm sure mycrypto wallet is no less good than myetherwallet, so in my opinion which wallet I am is the same if we can't maintain the security of our own wallet
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
November 15, 2018, 01:04:53 PM
It's really simple. Use MyCrypto instead of Myetherwallet. It's made by the same team, It looks the same and it has more improvements so there is no reason why you wouldn't use it.

I haven't seen a single phishing attempt yet targeting Mycrypto, most likely because hackers are not really aware of it as of now as not many people use it. Either way, the domain name is shorter so It's unlikely that you'll fall it.

For me, MEW is also safe its just that the user must be careful so as not to login on phishing website. Mycrypto on the other hand is also safe and secure as I said early the user just have to be careful when using those wallets.
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
November 15, 2018, 12:56:22 PM
Even if MEW gives us so many functionalities it can hacked by little mistake. I think Mycrypto will be solution for that. I haven't still use it. If it has been founded by same team that have made MEW we can trust on that.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
November 14, 2018, 07:56:55 PM
Im a fan of MEW, waiting android APP Wink
Activity: 266
Merit: 7
November 14, 2018, 07:37:14 PM
MyCrypto is developed by the same team of Myetherwallet, so we can trust this wallet.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
November 14, 2018, 07:36:48 PM
I have never used MyCrypto, but I am a Myetherwallet user, I just want to say that all this time using MEW is safe and comfortable. Maybe many people think about hacking MEW but it's very difficult. The point is we must always be careful, in my opinion, both are the same. thank you
Activity: 1176
Merit: 501
November 14, 2018, 06:56:55 PM
I have tried it, is it possible to send ethereum without downloading app? I couldn't find it.

Yes, you can, but if you are going to access your wallet with your private key, you need to download the app, if not, it's not possible.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
November 14, 2018, 05:33:22 PM
please be afraid for scammers, especially now they began to write in telegrams, send incomprehensible links to the mail, be careful
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
November 14, 2018, 05:33:08 PM
Thanks for the information that you given to us. This is means we need to be careful when we try to visit to other website because maybe sometimes it not true website or pishing site. Always check first before you log in because once you log in maybe you will be lost.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
November 14, 2018, 05:28:04 PM

That we have not started seeing the phishing sites of My Crypto does not mean hackers are not aware of it. We still need to be very careful before clicking on any site. You never can tell how hackers will come in and it might be a time we least expect.
If you already know the original sites of most of them, you can just bookmark.
Activity: 700
Merit: 12
November 14, 2018, 04:49:17 PM
The best thing to avoid phishing is to bookmark MEW official website..Store the private key in the USB, don't just save it into your desktop or mobile phone.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
November 14, 2018, 02:03:59 PM

Everything that is on internet are not safe.
So if you want to use safer wallet go use hardware offline wallet.
Blackhat Hackers is everywhere.
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
November 14, 2018, 02:00:34 PM
I have tried it, is it possible to send ethereum without downloading app? I couldn't find it.
Both are very similar wallets, both are safe in my opinion it only depends on users what they will click. I check link before entering private key so I have never been fished.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
November 14, 2018, 01:31:02 PM
What an advise LOL! It's not that hackers do not know about MyCrypto yet (they probably know about it already) but it's maybe taking them more time to find a way to hack or they are not yet interested at all.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder. I was planning to create one earlier but totally forgot about it.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
November 14, 2018, 01:19:48 PM
There are a lot of fishing websites and scammers on Telegram, that are using different tricks to get to your personal information. Never provide your private info to anyone and stay away from such scammers on TG.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
November 14, 2018, 01:12:06 PM

i have installed an extention named pishfort as it was recomeneded by the mew website and i only enter privates keys if it say that it is safe to visit the site. i have never used mycrypto and have no intentions to do so. nayways thanks for your information about the site
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
TLS Group
November 14, 2018, 01:07:47 PM
Thank you for the info, friend, but I still use myetherwallet, and as long as it's safe, as long as our private key is not given to others
That's true and me too still using myetherwallet and never get into trouble as long as we store our privatekey safely. And most importantly bookmark the myetherwallet site.
this adds a reference to me, that there is something safer than Myetherwallet.
all depends on someone, for those who are already accustomed to bookmarking important links it will reduce the risk of phishing links.
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
November 14, 2018, 01:04:01 PM
Now is the time that 100% can not be trusted to anyone. I don't know why you think that MyCrypto is harder to hack than MEW. If they want to hack - then they will hack you

That is true , and also remember that their are hackers that are always exploiting the system and trying to find loopholes in it. To these people it does not matter what kind of system or new technology it has if they want to hack it they will hack it and that is why companies like Microsoft, Facebook and other big companies over the net are paying big for there security, though there will be still loopholes in it.
Pages:
Jump to: