Pages:
Author

Topic: Avoid MEW Phishing - page 5. (Read 864 times)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
November 14, 2018, 12:51:17 PM
if it's a new version that has been improved from various aspects of course I want to try it because I like myetherwallet and I believe in developers so if I am made from the same developer then I will not hesitate to use it, but the problem is whether I can receive tokens reward? because I am a bounty hunter
Activity: 784
Merit: 255
November 14, 2018, 12:32:21 PM
It's really simple. Use MyCrypto instead of Myetherwallet. It's made by the same team, It looks the same and it has more improvements so there is no reason why you wouldn't use it.

I haven't seen a single phishing attempt yet targeting Mycrypto, most likely because hackers are not really aware of it as of now as not many people use it. Either way, the domain name is shorter so It's unlikely that you'll fall it.
Why would I use MyCrypto if I use MEW perfectly? My address in MEW is tied to many bounty campaigns and I'm not going to change it. You just need to add the site to bookmarks in the browser and never show your private key. Hackers are constantly improving their skills and I don't think MyCrypto is immune to hacking.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 100
November 14, 2018, 12:28:00 PM
thank you for sharing the new wallet, but I still use myetherwallet for now, you should bookmark the site of MEW so that you will not get hack, many MEW phishing nowadays so check the url carefully if it is the official one just bookmark the MEW.
Activity: 244
Merit: 10
Official Street Team member
November 14, 2018, 12:25:13 PM
If it gets more popularity, people will also start to create phishing link for mycrypto. MEW is far popular and more used than mycrypto. By the way, it seems you are promoting mycrypto rather than having a healthy discussion.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
November 14, 2018, 12:23:34 PM
I guess one day the hackers will start to aim mycrypto, therefore I think it is important for the users to learn to secure their wallets and be careful.
Activity: 354
November 14, 2018, 12:22:39 PM
It's really simple. Use MyCrypto instead of Myetherwallet. It's made by the same team, It looks the same and it has more improvements so there is no reason why you wouldn't use it.

I haven't seen a single phishing attempt yet targeting Mycrypto, most likely because hackers are not really aware of it as of now as not many people use it. Either way, the domain name is shorter so It's unlikely that you'll fall it.
It is actually happening most of the transaction so I ive making transaction in here. I am always making sure my money that will go to the safe hands of the collectors of each ICO. So that I can be feel good making my money secure in every transaction by simply being active and alert all of the time.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
November 14, 2018, 12:18:06 PM
When someone intends to hack (Phishing) accounts, I think they have a more interesting way. And that could have happened to Mycrypto and didn't know anyone to be the target. So actually Myetherwallet also has good security, it's just that sometimes the victim is in a bad mood because his wallet is cracked. But your advice is also good and you need to give thanks.
Activity: 250
November 14, 2018, 12:04:11 PM

are you sure about that?
even yesterday I was still accessing Myetherwallet and nothing happened as long as my pc was healthy and installed anti-virus.
Activity: 322
November 14, 2018, 11:59:27 AM
I agree with you, it is not really advisable to use your private keys on any site not just on myetherwallet, even if you want to use myetherwallet to access your wallet, I will advice you connect it using metamask which will provide more security.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
November 14, 2018, 11:55:34 AM

Because my crypto was creating an offline wallet and then the team was disabling the possibility to use the online privatekey wallet. That decreases the amount of phishing site because the new users will be redirected to download the latest offline wallet of mycrypto and this what i call that as a reliable team
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
November 14, 2018, 11:52:28 AM
Thank you for your information, but I prefer not to act carelessly, such as clicking on any bid on an unclear website, and I always attention for typing of private data on a secure website, installing security extensions on the browser, and being careful of the pop-up services when we open a website.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
November 14, 2018, 11:45:38 AM

I think MyCrypto might be a very good option to MyEtherwallet, for security reasons it's not always good to use one type wallet to store your tokens,with its incorporation with other security tools like metamask I think it's highly secured.

That's right. Installing metamask as extension is really a thing now since phishing sites are everywhere and in just one wrong click everything will be messed up.
Though I'm not a fan of MyCrypto as I'm still good in MEW, so I think I'll just stick to it to avoid overlapping.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
November 14, 2018, 11:18:04 AM
You haven't seen a single phishing attempt yet targeting Mycrypto just because it's much less popular then MEW...
But I think it's just a matter of time...
I suggest to use offline MEW or Mycrypto wallets...
Activity: 532
November 14, 2018, 11:15:07 AM
Positive things we must support, but we still have to be aware of any form of threat to the wallet starting from each of us.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 504
November 14, 2018, 11:08:58 AM
While its early, you can use it but I doubt that hackers probably didn't really know that mycrypto is MEW alike.

Be a responsible wallet user whether its MEW or mycrypto, don't be fooled by phishing sites and don't click email provided links.
Activity: 644
Merit: 364
In Code We Trust
November 14, 2018, 11:03:23 AM

I guess the reason why myetherwallet is more vulnerable to phishing is because it is consisted of the characters "l" which can be substituted by the upper case of "i". In this case, the users will not going to notice some changes to it and it really looks like the original website.
Activity: 267
November 14, 2018, 10:57:08 AM
In my opinion, Myetherwallet is still trustworthy. If you do not disclose the private key. Hackers can't crack your wallet at all. Unless you click the phishing website yourself. Try not to click on strange websites.

Activity: 448
Merit: 103
November 14, 2018, 10:47:38 AM
It will always depend on the user on how they will handle the wallet.
Make sure that you have a safe website or link.
https://www.myetherwallet.com <<< that is the safe link.
Make sure that it is saved on your browser.
Also, please make sure that your private key is safe and not shared with anyone.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 501
November 14, 2018, 10:44:08 AM

Maybe the reason is that the website version of Mycrypto doesn't allow users access their wallets with their private keys, they need to download the desktop app to do it.
copper member
Activity: 232
November 14, 2018, 10:32:11 AM
I haven't seen any proof about Myetherwallet created by scam team. Myetherwallet is being used by almost 9 out of 10 crypto relevant people. MEW are always warning people not to click on phishing links, checking green url, using metamask are more safe to use private key.
Pages:
Jump to: