Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 600. (Read 701080 times)

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1084
Awesome Miner development release v2.9.6 (preview of v3.0)

Read this post about the v3.0 previews in general:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18621070

Please make sure to run the same version of both Awesome Miner and the Remote Agent.

New in v2.9.6:
- GPU mapping feature on the GPU tab for Managed Miner, to combine system hardware monitoring statistics with miner device information like hashrate
- Improvements to MSI AfterBurner integration, where AfterBurner can be automatically launched if not running and reverting back to default values are easier.
- Several minor improvements and corrections

We are getting closer to the v3.0 release now. No more features will be added, instead the focus is on finalizing the work and correcting any issues. The web site and help section will be updated together with the v3.0 release.

Please continue to give feedback on issues and request new features. Even if the v3.0 release content is defined, there will of course be many more releases in the future. I do have a long list of feature ideas already, but I'm always trying to prioritize the most popular requests first.

Great release you have here ! This new managed profit switching is so great ! I'm planning on buying Premium version to try AfterBurner integration and API.

I just have some issues with Excavator reporting :
- Temperatures and progress are not reported back, 'Miners' tab show only zeroes for these two columns, only Speed is reported correctly
- When forcing a second '-ca' (to have 2 threads per GPU) in the 'Command line parameters...' of Excavator configuration window in the profit profile, AM reports twice the number of GPUs.

Also, how can i add new mining softwares for managed profit switching ? It realy misses ccMiner 1.7.6-git fork by tpruvot when working on Lyra2REv2 !

Hope you can help me on these points ! Thx a lot !

Thanks for your comments. The Excavator miner reporting is very very limited at the moment. This is because the API of this miner doesn't provide much information at all at the moment. I've already written to the developers of this miner and ask for more, and they are planning to improve their API in the Excavator 1.2 release.

As soon as the Excavator mining software improves in this area, I will make sure the information will be presented in Awesome Miner.

You can try to use the very latest feature on the GPU tab called "Map to system monitoring", to get a bit more GPU information by using what Awesome Miner can find.

I will also try the -ca parameter case you reported to see if it can be solved from Awesome Miner. I will get back to you on that one.

For the Managed Profit Switcher, you should be able to configure this via the Profit Profiles. So go to Options dialog, Profit Profile section, edit for example the AMD GPU profile, select Ccminer in the list and click Configure. In this dialog you should be able to point to custom software path. If you have a larger number of miners, it could make sense to use this feature to upload the mining software to all miners first:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/uploadsoftware.aspx
legendary
good afternoon
Why bypass the side Expanse (EXP), Musicoin (MUSIC)
Vertcoin (VTC), Ubiq (UBQ)
I can not configure any of them on Dual Ethereum from Claymore + Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD + NVIDIA GPU Miner within the program
good afternoon
Once again I repeat my questions because the help is not complete and not transparent ((
1. How to configure Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD + NVIDIA GPU Miner v9.3 for the Currency Musicoin (MUSIC) or Expanse (EXP)?
2. How to set up a balance based on bittrex.com
Already just did not try to get one error
Hi,

All those coins are not compatible with Claymore's Ethereum Dual miner. Vertcoin uses another algorithm for example. Do you have any pool where you want to mine Musicoin or Expanse for example? Then I can try to guide you based on this pool, as some Ethereum pools are different when it comes to Wallet Address vs Worker Names.

For Bittrex.com, do you want to see your current Bitcoin balance on an address you have there? You can start with this guide how to use the Balance feature in Awesome Miner:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/coinbalance.aspx
The idea is that you enter one or many Bitcoin address in the Coin balance properties. Then you can follow your current Bitcoin balance for these addresses on the Balance tab in the main window of Awesome Miner. If you run into any error, please let me know the details. Thanks!
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
good afternoon
Once again I repeat my questions because the help is not complete and not transparent ((
1. How to configure Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD + NVIDIA GPU Miner v9.3 for the Currency Musicoin (MUSIC) or Expanse (EXP)?
2. How to set up a balance based on bittrex.com
Already just did not try to get one error
Activity: 3

Please make sure to run the same version of both Awesome Miner and the Remote Agent.

New in v2.9.6:
- GPU mapping feature on the GPU tab for Managed Miner, to combine system hardware monitoring statistics with miner device information like hashrate
- Improvements to MSI AfterBurner integration, where AfterBurner can be automatically launched if not running and reverting back to default values are easier.

We are getting closer to the v3.0 release now. No more features will be added, instead the focus is on finalizing the work and correcting any issues. The web site and help section will be updated together with the v3.0 release.

Please continue to give feedback on issues and request new features. Even if the v3.0 release content is defined, there will of course be many more releases in the future. I do have a long list of feature ideas already, but I'm always trying to prioritize the most popular requests first.

Great release you have here ! This new managed profit switching is so great ! I'm planning on buying Premium version to try AfterBurner integration and API.

I just have some issues with Excavator reporting :
- Temperatures and progress are not reported back, 'Miners' tab show only zeroes for these two columns, only Speed is reported correctly
- When forcing a second '-ca' (to have 2 threads per GPU) in the 'Command line parameters...' of Excavator configuration window in the profit profile, AM reports twice the number of GPUs.

Also, how can i add new mining softwares for managed profit switching ? It realy misses ccMiner 1.7.6-git fork by tpruvot when working on Lyra2REv2 !

Hope you can help me on these points ! Thx a lot !
Activity: 33
good afternoon
Why bypass the side Expanse (EXP), Musicoin (MUSIC)
Vertcoin (VTC), Ubiq (UBQ)
I can not configure any of them on Dual Ethereum from Claymore + Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD + NVIDIA GPU Miner within the program
legendary

New in v2.9.6:

legendary
Thanks for the direct link!
I updated the version of the remote agent to 2.9.5 and now the system tab works.

It is interesting - because the system tab is getting the temperatures but they are still not showing in the other listing (the one I watch all the time Smiley )

screen capture:

I assume the one is pulling it from Claymore and the System Info one is pulling it from your remote agent.
Product update idea:   use the system information one in both locations if available Cheesy - lol

any idea how to fix claymore's bug?

In the next update, 2.9.6, you will actually be able to see the GPU monitoring information from the System tab also on the GPU tab. That will however only work for Managed Miners, because the information from the System tab is from the Awesome Miner Remote Agent.

There will be a new button "Map to system monitoring..." in the GPU tab for this purpose. Depending on mining software, settings to mining software and more factors, the order of the devices from the mining software being displayed on the GPU tab may not match all the devices on the system. For that reason it will be possible to map between them. You will see this once I have released the updated versions within a few days.

The Claymore temperature bug is something you need to report to the author of that software.

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
p.s. I really like the "Dashboard" notification as well - the black screen that shows the summary including income rates - if you could add a temperature field for each miner to that screen in some way then I'd probably change it to my default.
The reason I use the other screen is that temperatures are more important to me from a live monitoring point of view.
Thanks for the direct link!
I updated the version of the remote agent to 2.9.5 and now the system tab works.

It is interesting - because the system tab is getting the temperatures but they are still not showing in the other listing (the one I watch all the time Smiley )

screen capture:

https://snag.gy/mwhk1Q.jpg

I assume the one is pulling it from Claymore and the System Info one is pulling it from your remote agent.
Product update idea:   use the system information one in both locations if available Cheesy - lol

any idea how to fix claymore's bug?

legendary
I think the Claymore miner isn't reporting the GPU status in some scenarios. I've seen that behavior before. Could you provide the API report for this miner and I can verify it. You will find it in the toolbar: Tools -> API Report. If you switch to the new System-tab, can you see any GPU status there?

I looked on the remote machine and the remote agent version was 2.2
Thinking that maybe it was too old I grabbed the newest version - 2.4.2 - but this didn't fix it.

It still shows up like this:

screen shot:

i.e. Mining (68/0/0/0 °C)

Claymore version is 9.3

the new System-tab comes up completely blank - no information on it.

Here is the API Report:

Version: 2.9.5
API command: miner_getstat1
{
  "result": [
    "9.1 - ETH",
    "185",
    "103928;290;0",
    "25661;26083;26091;26091",
    "0;0;0",
    "off;off;off;off",
    "70;31",
    "us2.ethermine.org:4444",
    "0;0;0;0"
  ],
  "id": 0,
  "error": null
}
Thanks for providing these details. From the API report it's clearly a problem in the Claymore miner, as it only reports the status of a single GPU. "70;31" indicates GPU#0 temperature 70 and GPU0 Fan speed: 31%. If you have multiple GPU's those values should also be reported by the Claymore miner, but they are not.

I can also see that you are running Awesome Miner main application version 2.9.5. Then you should use the same version of the Remote Agent, also 2.9.5. You can download Remote Agent 2.9.5 manually from here if you was unable to upgrade it from the software:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMinerRemoteService.msi

After applying this version, please check the System tab again.
I think the Claymore miner isn't reporting the GPU status in some scenarios. I've seen that behavior before. Could you provide the API report for this miner and I can verify it. You will find it in the toolbar: Tools -> API Report. If you switch to the new System-tab, can you see any GPU status there?

I looked on the remote machine and the remote agent version was 2.2
Thinking that maybe it was too old I grabbed the newest version - 2.4.2 - but this didn't fix it.

It still shows up like this:

screen shot:

i.e. Mining (68/0/0/0 °C)

Claymore version is 9.3

the new System-tab comes up completely blank - no information on it.

Here is the API Report:

Version: 2.9.5
API command: miner_getstat1
{
  "result": [
    "9.1 - ETH",
    "185",
    "103928;290;0",
    "25661;26083;26091;26091",
    "0;0;0",
    "off;off;off;off",
    "70;31",
    "us2.ethermine.org:4444",
    "0;0;0;0"
  ],
  "id": 0,
  "error": null
}
legendary
Couple weird ass sugestions that would be useful, some take more work then others.

There needs to be a way to see when a rig locks up after applying a OC. You can do this manually right now, but say if a rig starts locking up/rebooting/going offline after clocks change maybe highlight it in red or something. Some sort of management feature for outlining problematic rigs.

A local mining stratum, along with the earlier mentioned solo mining pool. There are a few different ones available. Stratehm is a popular and available one to consider integrating. This is important for wallet mining and also for large scale mining on outside pools.
These are good points. About highlighting problematic miners, it could probably be solved by using the Rules.
Triggers:
- Offline detection: If the miner becomes offline because of restart or not responding
OR
- Accept Progress: If number of Accepted shares has been unchanged for example 5 minutes (or any number of minutes between 1 - 10)
Action: Highlight Miner -> Red

A miner that is rebooting will show up with some red status text in the Status column even without any rules configured.

About a built-in stratum - yes, I've had this on my list of things to investigate for future releases. I agree that it would make sense for larger installations.
legendary
How do I get the other card's temps to show up?
They are four RX480 cards mining Eth with Claymore and I can see the temps of all 4 in afterburner but only card 1 is showing in awesome miner.

Screen shot:

Another rig with two GTX cards in it shows the temperatures for each card fine.

- Display of exchange rates for the 4 most popular coins in the status bar

Awesome feature!  but trying to ride white text on light blue is impossible if in the "Black" Theme

screen capture to show:

cheers!
I will try to address that one.
legendary
Is there any way of increasing the AM text size? I know I could use the Windows "Ease of Access" Magnifier tool, but that is a pain in the @ss to use and makes the magnifier more difficult than it's worth.

Is there any way currently to increase the Awesome Miner text size or is that something that could be addressed in future releases?

Thanks again for a great app and I'm sure if there is a way to make the GUI easier to see for us older folks, you will figure out a way!
Thanks for the nice feedback. It's currently not possible to change the font size. I do have a note about this request, so it's not forgotten.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
Couple weird ass sugestions that would be useful, some take more work then others.

There needs to be a way to see when a rig locks up after applying a OC. You can do this manually right now, but say if a rig starts locking up/rebooting/going offline after clocks change maybe highlight it in red or something. Some sort of management feature for outlining problematic rigs.

A local mining stratum, along with the earlier mentioned solo mining pool. There are a few different ones available. Stratehm is a popular and available one to consider integrating. This is important for wallet mining and also for large scale mining on outside pools.

Awesome feature!  but trying to ride white text on light blue is impossible if in the "Black" Theme

screen capture to show:

cheers!
How do I get the other card's temps to show up?
They are four RX480 cards mining Eth with Claymore and I can see the temps of all 4 in afterburner but only card 1 is showing in awesome miner.

Screen shot:

Another rig with two GTX cards in it shows the temperatures for each card fine.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Visualize whirledps
Hi @patrike,

Thanks for the great program and all the hard work you have put into it! I have been using AM for probably close to a year now.

(I now use the Professional Edition to monitor my four to seven Antminers - depending on the temp outside. Four S9's normally and I turn on the older S7's to heat parts of the house when the temps are cold.)

Anyway, hope this isn't a stupid question and the answer is not right there starring me in the face. Smiley

I am an older BTC miner who uses bifocals in every-day life. I still have to look over my glasses at times for text in small print or if it's in a browser window, I can always zoom in to better see what I'm looking at. But since the Awesome Miner is an application and not a browser, I have to LEAN IN to read some of the text easily in the AM GUI.

Is there any way of increasing the AM text size? I know I could use the Windows "Ease of Access" Magnifier tool, but that is a pain in the @ss to use and makes the magnifier more difficult than it's worth.

Is there any way currently to increase the Awesome Miner text size or is that something that could be addressed in future releases?

Thanks again for a great app and I'm sure if there is a way to make the GUI easier to see for us older folks, you will figure out a way!

Thanks!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

MINE ON !!

legendary
Awesome Miner development release v2.9.5 (preview of v3.0)

New in v2.9.5:
- With a new setting, all the profit switching pools (NiceHash, Zpool) can be accessed from any miner, to make it easier to use the same pool configuration for non-profit switching miners as well.
- Beta-level support for Excavator miner. Mining statistics are limited due to limited API.
legendary
In those cases I have to reboot the rig, but unfortunately sometimes not all GPUs start hashing after start of CM. CM states that the GPU hangs in OpenCL call and watchdog restarts CM which can also lead to the screen above.
I do have this problem on all my rigs, so I would appreciate any idea that might help.

It would also be an option if Awesome Miner could monitor the miner if it is still hashing and, if it is not, reboot the whole Rig (since this seems to be the only way to solve this I think). Currently I am rebooting manually, up to 10 times until all cards are hashing and I do not get a watchdog restart due to the watchdog.
From an Awesome Miner point of view, you should be able to use the Rules (Options dialog, Rules section) for this. If no GPU at all is hashing it would be possible to use the "Accept progress" rule that takes care of the scenario where the number of Accepted shares isn't increasing. If only a few GPU's are hashing, it should be indicated on the hashrate in some way. You can then use the Check Statistics trigger with property "Hashrate 5s" to define multiple checkmarks for the hashrate. If current, 1 min ago, 2 min ago hashrates are all below a certain level you could trigger an Action. The action can be a reboot.

When looking at the statistics reported to Awesome Miner, how do you see that Claymore isn't operating as it should? Is it only that the hashrate is lower than it should?

Hello patrike,
thank you for your response. Unfortunately I have not found a good way yet, so let me describe more detailed what happened.
I do start Claymore Miner (CM) using Awesome Miner (AM), I did this without additional parameters (set by me).
Normally the software starts hashing, but often not all GPUs can be initiated and fail on OpenCL initialization. Since CM has a watchdog by default it restarts the software.
When this happens it comes to the screen posted before, it gets stuck on starting CM even before one single package has been submitted. Actually I do not think that this is a state I can access the rules with, right? If there is a way please let me know, this would be my preferred way.
When the Claymore Miner is hanging at startup, has it initialized the API or is it indicated as "Interface offline" in Awesome Miner?
If the API is up, you should be able to use rules like "Accept progress" to detect that Accepted shares doesn't increase.
If the API isn't running (Interface offline), you have a rule for "Offline detection". That one should be able to detect disconnected API's on a Managed Miner that is indicating "Mining - Interface offline". If the interface is offline for more than 2 minutes - it could be a sign that the miner isn't working as it should.
Jump to: