Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 602. (Read 701080 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Just installed this program and add 2 rigs, but now i can'find where to delete them... Somebody can help me with that ?
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1084
does one get paid in BTC or in the coin that one is currently mining?
This related to which pool you are mining when you use Awesome Miner. If you want to get started with as little configuration as possible, you simply create a Managed Profit Miner and enter your Bitcoin address for the Nicehash service, and then you will have a setup that is mining the most profitable coin/algorithm, and payments are made in Bitcoin to your Bitcoin address.

You also have the option to mine on any other pool and then get payed in the coin you are currently mining. Again, this depends on the pool and Awesome Miner supports all these scenarios.

trying to do the st way you have mentioned.
creating a new managed miner, and it asks me for existing or new pool,worker name and password. which pool is that and why do i need it if i wanna get payed in BTC?
Hi,
The easiest way to do this is to use the Wizard. If you follow the steps in this guide you will see that you don't have to create a pool manually. Instead you just enter your Bitcoin address. "See section Managed Profit Switching: Setup a single miner":
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/profitswitching.aspx

|
thank you for your input but this guide is outdated. the program now looks different for me atleast, i do not have the option "managed profit miner" but i do have "managed miner" and when i click it the steps are totally different . and although i try to kinda cross between the new miner and the old guide i still cant make it work.
Sorry - I thought you already were running the latest development release. The guide is actually for the very latest version of the software. Please upgrade to the development version 2.9.2 according to the instructions here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18621070
Activity: 504
Merit: 267
HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!
This related to which pool you are mining when you use Awesome Miner. If you want to get started with as little configuration as possible, you simply create a Managed Profit Miner and enter your Bitcoin address for the Nicehash service, and then you will have a setup that is mining the most profitable coin/algorithm, and payments are made in Bitcoin to your Bitcoin address.

You also have the option to mine on any other pool and then get payed in the coin you are currently mining. Again, this depends on the pool and Awesome Miner supports all these scenarios.

creating a new managed miner, and it asks me for existing or new pool,worker name and password. which pool is that and why do i need it if i wanna get payed in BTC?
Hi,
The easiest way to do this is to use the Wizard. If you follow the steps in this guide you will see that you don't have to create a pool manually. Instead you just enter your Bitcoin address. "See section Managed Profit Switching: Setup a single miner":

|
thank you for your input but this guide is outdated. the program now looks different for me atleast, i do not have the option "managed profit miner" but i do have "managed miner" and when i click it the steps are totally different . and although i try to kinda cross between the new miner and the old guide i still cant make it work.
legendary

Hi,

legendary

legendary
Awesome Miner development release v2.9.2 (preview of v3.0)

Read this post about the v3.0 previews in general:

New in v2.9.2:
- New rule to trigger based on pool URL
- Profit switching feature improved
- Context menu option to save hashrate from miner to profit switching profile
- Selection of algorithms to view on the Coins tab has been simplified
- Claymore's Ethereum Miner 9.2
- A few minor corrections and improvements

Please make sure to run the same version of both Awesome Miner and the Remote Agent.

A screenshot of the feature to display system information from any remote system running Awesome Miner Remote Agent. This information is available even when not mining.

legendary
Hi
I need help for the profit setup. I have a farm with nvidia gtx cards.
Managed miners works great. Since version 2.9.1 EWBF works also with monitoring.

I try the new managed profit miner.
I setup the EWBF miner and the ccMiner at the profit switching profile.
EWBF for ZCASH and ccMiner for LBRY. (If this works than I will add some other coins.)

When I start the managed profit miner it only starts the EWBF Miner.

At profit switching I set a custom pool group.
Hi.
The profit switching feature will only start one miner - the one that is most profitable to run. In your case it looks like Zcash mining is most profitable at the moment. Later on, it might switch if lbry becomes more profitable.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hi
I need help for the profit setup. I have a farm with nvidia gtx cards.
Managed miners works great. Since version 2.9.1 EWBF works also with monitoring.

I try the new managed profit miner.
I setup the EWBF miner and the ccMiner at the profit switching profile.
EWBF for ZCASH and ccMiner for LBRY. (If this works than I will add some other coins.)

http://imgur.com/a/KiXfg

When I start the managed profit miner it only starts the EWBF Miner.

At profit switching I set a custom pool group.

Thanks in advance
legendary
Awesome Miner development release v2.9.1 (preview of v3.0)

Read this post about the v3.0 previews in general:

New in v2.9.1:
- EWBF Zcash miner supported for nVidia GPU
- X11Gost algorithm supported
- A few minor corrections and improvements

Please make sure to run the same version of both Awesome Miner and the Remote Agent.

A screenshot of the new EWBF Zcash miner in action:

The information provided by the EWBF miner API is a bit limited, but gives an overview of the mining progress.
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
quick question
AM notifies me about high temp but it doesn't restarts the miner, what am I doing wrong ?
Hi. What kind of miner is it? Antminer or GPU mining? If Antminer, do you have Privileged API access configured?
S9s and apis are disabled for security reasons because Im using web monitoring also, I'm geting monitoring emails like speed monitoring and offline detection and now I realised is apis are disabled it's impossible to reboot them right?
It's not possible to restart with restricted API access, because restart is an API command that is sent to the miner.

What you can do is to use another Action for your Rule. Try the SSH action and send a reboot command over SSH instead. SSH commands can always be executed, no matter of API settings.
I will look forward in it, thank you for your suggestions and I'm more than glad and happy to have this product
legendary
quick question
AM notifies me about high temp but it doesn't restarts the miner, what am I doing wrong ?
Hi. What kind of miner is it? Antminer or GPU mining? If Antminer, do you have Privileged API access configured?
S9s and apis are disabled for security reasons because Im using web monitoring also, I'm geting monitoring emails like speed monitoring and offline detection and now I realised is apis are disabled it's impossible to reboot them right?
It's not possible to restart with restricted API access, because restart is an API command that is sent to the miner.

What you can do is to use another Action for your Rule. Try the SSH action and send a reboot command over SSH instead. SSH commands can always be executed, no matter of API settings.
legendary
≡v≡
quick question
legendary
quick question
legendary
≡v≡
quick question
Activity: 155

Thanks for trying out the new features. The profit miners will currently automatically download the mining software and run. Sometimes security software (Antivirus, Windows Defender) can block the download of mining software for security reasons. Can you please check if this is the case?

In the next preview release, I will also make it possible to specify path to mining software for the Managed Profit Mining feature.

Very happy with the new feature addition!

I am able to configure my local managed miner to automatically download the mining software and I'm not seeing anything blocked in windows defender.
legendary
I've upgraded to 2.9 and followed the Setup a single miner section in the new profit switching help section, created a new Profit Switching Miner, then Enabled Managed Profit switching and NiceHash with my BTC address, yet when I try to start my profit switching miner I get

------------------------------
Awesome Miner
Failed to start miner process
Miner: Profit Miner
[OK] 

I'm not seeing any other configuration settings in the help section so I'm not sure what else can be the issue? Appreciate any help.
Thanks for trying out the new features. The profit miners will currently automatically download the mining software and run. Sometimes security software (Antivirus, Windows Defender) can block the download of mining software for security reasons. Can you please check if this is the case?

In the next preview release, I will also make it possible to specify path to mining software for the Managed Profit Mining feature.
Activity: 155
Awesome Miner 3.0 - Development preview release (v2.9)

Awesome Miner version 2.9 is a development preview of version 3.0. Version 3.0 is expected to be finalized and released in May 2017, but you can try many of the features already today.

• Profitability Switching
      ○ Easy to use profitability switching feature that supports switching between all popular mining software and algorithms. Just enter your Bitcoin address and get started.
      ○ Multiple profit switching profiles to manage profitability switching across a wide range of miner configurations
      ○ Supports NiceHash, Zpool and any custom pool where the coin being mined is known

Instructions how to use the new profit switching feature:

I've upgraded to 2.9 and followed the Setup a single miner section in the new profit switching help section, created a new Profit Switching Miner, then Enabled Managed Profit switching and NiceHash with my BTC address, yet when I try to start my profit switching miner I get

Awesome Miner
Failed to start miner process
Miner: Profit Miner
[OK] 

I'm not seeing any other configuration settings in the help section so I'm not sure what else can be the issue? Appreciate any help.
legendary
Awesome Miner 3.0 - Development preview release (v2.9)

Awesome Miner version 2.9.X is a development preview of version 3.0. Version 3.0 is expected to be finalized and released in May 2017, but you can try many of the features already today.

• Profitability Switching
      ○ Easy to use profitability switching feature that supports switching between all popular mining software and algorithms. Just enter your Bitcoin address and get started.
      ○ Multiple profit switching profiles to manage profitability switching across a wide range of miner configurations
      ○ Supports NiceHash, Zpool and any custom pool where the coin being mined is known
   • GPU Mining
      ○ Large scale GPU overclocking and configuration settings for remote systems without dependency on mining software having to run
      ○ Display of GPU and CPU monitoring (temperature, clock, load and more) from remote systems without mining software having to run
      ○ Mining software versions for automatic download can be updated without upgrading to a new version of Awesome Miner
      ○ Scan for Awesome Miner Remote Agent installations on the network and configure all of them for standard mining or profit switching
      ○ EWBF Zcash miner supported for nVidia GPU
      ○ X11Gost algorithm supported
   • ASIC Mining
      ○ Show ping information for disconnected External Miners
      ○ Set default pools for Antminer
      ○ Antminer L3+ supported
   • Configuration
      ○ More display currencies supported. In addition to USD, an additional 11 currencies are now included.
      ○ Usability improvements in the configuration dialogs and wizard
   • Rules
      ○ Rules can be applied to a miner group in addition to multiple miners
      ○ New rule to trigger based on pool URL
   • Many general improvements

Instructions how to use the new profit switching feature:

Information on upgrading:
   • Awesome Profit Switching was previously defined as a rule. Awesome Profit Switching is now enabled per External Miner. The general settings for Awesome Profit Switching are located in the Options dialog, Profit Switching section.
   • Algorithm hashrate settings was previously defined as a factor with relative numbers between algorithms. This has been replaced by a concept where hashrate is specified. In addition, multiple Profit Switching Profiles can be defined to support different kinds of devices.
   • Downgrade is not possible. After upgrading to Awesome Miner 2.9 or 3.0, it's not possible to downgrade to 2.4 without all settings being lost. Do not install version 2.4 after running version 2.9 or 3.0.
   • If you need direct access to the MSI-files for the development preview, use the following links:
      ○ http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMiner.msi
      ○ http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMinerRemoteService.msi

How to install?
To get access to development versions, go to the Options dialog and enable "Check for development versions". Then you can go to the Menu and select "Check for updates".

Please try out the new features and give feedback. There will be a few more features added before the final 3.0 release.

(Updated with 2.9.4 features)
Jump to: