Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant-B - page 13. (Read 40620 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 12:47:01 AM
If someone could figure out how to reprogram the FPGA's in the Baikal Giant B to mine other algorithms, this would be huge.  To be fair, the person could sell their firmware for a good price to other Giant-B owners.  This device is a monster in disguise for an expert FPGA programmer.
if he will find out/reprogram firmware - why he should sell it?
he'd buy more baikals and mine himself on new algos... lol
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
February 13, 2018, 07:27:17 PM

I don't think this unit uses FPGA chips, instead they're using ASIC chips, which cannot be reprogrammed.

theyre FPGA
Activity: 31
February 13, 2018, 07:19:46 PM

I don't think this unit uses FPGA chips, instead they're using ASIC chips, which cannot be reprogrammed.

copper member
Activity: 166
Merit: 84
February 13, 2018, 06:15:40 PM
If someone could figure out how to reprogram the FPGA's in the Baikal Giant B to mine other algorithms, this would be huge.  To be fair, the person could sell their firmware for a good price to other Giant-B owners.  This device is a monster in disguise for an expert FPGA programmer.

Activity: 57
February 13, 2018, 05:41:53 AM
hello guys
i also sell 1 of my giant b , located in usa and price around 0.8BTC brand new.
also i tried coinmine and suprnova.suprnova gives around 0.45 dcr port=3256
coinmine gives around 0.34.
so i keep digging @ suprnova.
tried also lbc but that coin gives me no trust.decred seems better than lbc.also giant b diggs 95 lbc daily with me.
Any of you found a new coin with giant b algos?i keep searching forum but nothing good.
February 13, 2018, 12:07:50 AM

I don't see any updates for the Baikal Giant B miner on their Support Page.

You can always email Baikal and explain your situation.   They will likely respond as they are not busy with new product releases at the moment.

Activity: 10
February 12, 2018, 07:37:46 PM
Anyone knows how to update Baikal Giant-B?
February 12, 2018, 03:17:13 PM

Hello,

Fortunately, it sounds like you never sent them any bitcoin to actually get scammed.   I however, am still waiting for resolution.

Activity: 143
February 12, 2018, 02:42:08 PM

Hey DanX88
                     Did you try and purchase a Giant B miner from this person?  (Male, female, humanoid, troll, dweeb, toilet trash, etc...)

Did they give you the run-around with delays in receiving the bitcoin?

Did they demand more money after your initial payment?

Did they threaten you with court for failure to pay additional money?

Did you use their alternative website selling page  Selly or did you deal with this person through personal emails?

I myself, attempted to purchase one for $6400 back on January 31th.

I am still trying to contact him through emails here and at his gmail account:  [email protected] 

I 'foolishly' still hope they are ethical and trustworthy and send the miner or refund my bitcoin.

Did you happen to get any personal information such as their name, address, phone number anything more concrete to contact them?

Unfortunately, I have lots of questions regarding this person and their methods of 'scamming' their victims...

He quoted me $5500 and asked me my location.   I told me Texas and never got a another response.   It's either a scam from the beginning or he lost money in the values of the coins and now wants to reneg or use the machines to make up for the loss. 
TGJ
Activity: 173
Merit: 5
February 12, 2018, 02:29:27 PM

Hey DanX88
                     Did you try and purchase a Giant B miner from this person?  (Male, female, humanoid, troll, dweeb, toilet trash, etc...)

Did you use their alternative website selling page  Selly or did you deal with this person through personal emails?

I am still trying to contact him through emails here and at his gmail account:  [email protected] 

I 'foolishly' still hope they are ethical and trustworthy and send the miner or refund my bitcoin.

Did you happen to get any personal information such as their name, address, phone number anything more concrete to contact them?

Unfortunately, I have lots of questions regarding this person and their methods of 'scamming' their victims...

I tried to send you a private message but it says you don't accept messages from newbies.
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
February 12, 2018, 02:53:28 AM
x10s in stock
giant bs in stock
a3s in stock
moonlanders in stock

shipped out after payment

bittawmart.com

Under current conditions i have decided to buy Bitcoin instead of investing the same amount in miners. Because miners will only be valuable if Bitcoin rises, so will the bitcoin investment.

Lets buy bitcoin  Roll Eyes
Activity: 3
February 11, 2018, 11:39:41 PM
I was asking for market price, ie, 7k or best offer.
And yes, life got in the way, need the place for a play room for my baby on the way. The wife is not exactly “thrilled” with the noise as I have no basement so I just need to move on and make the wife happy
Can use any escrow service or what not. I’m in the US and I’m flexible to make sure whoever buys is comfortable.

where are you located ? 

I’m in Ohio
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
February 11, 2018, 05:40:48 PM
x10s in stock
giant bs in stock
a3s in stock
moonlanders in stock

shipped out after payment

bittawmart.com
February 11, 2018, 02:42:30 PM
I was asking for market price, ie, 7k or best offer.
And yes, life got in the way, need the place for a play room for my baby on the way. The wife is not exactly “thrilled” with the noise as I have no basement so I just need to move on and make the wife happy
Can use any escrow service or what not. I’m in the US and I’m flexible to make sure whoever buys is comfortable.
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
February 11, 2018, 02:31:54 PM
Hey guys, not sure if this the right spot for this but I’ll put here.
I’m getting out of the mining game and I have a Giant-B that I would like to sell. I ran it for a few weeks and have all the packaging. Life is getting in the way and I’m moving on. Message me directly with offers. I can send you pictues of it or anything else you would need. I would prefer to sell it as soon as possible as I have a baby on the way and I’m am turning the mining room into a play room.

Thanks

how much price ?

I believe it will be something like X BCH with additional 1 BCH or "court"... Or You can use trusted escrow service.
February 11, 2018, 01:12:28 PM

Hey DanX88

February 11, 2018, 10:36:08 AM
Hey guys, not sure if this the right spot for this but I’ll put here.
I’m getting out of the mining game and I have a Giant-B that I would like to sell. I ran it for a few weeks and have all the packaging. Life is getting in the way and I’m moving on. Message me directly with offers. I can send you pictues of it or anything else you would need. I would prefer to sell it as soon as possible as I have a baby on the way and I’m am turning the mining room into a play room.

Thanks
Activity: 8
February 11, 2018, 09:41:55 AM
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
February 10, 2018, 01:09:29 PM
Is the giant B capable to mine Blake2s?
not sure!
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 12:20:54 PM