Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant-B - page 16. (Read 40620 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
February 06, 2018, 12:19:38 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new in the mining business. Hopefully, I did not enter at the worse time possible.

I just received my Baikal giant b last week, I manage to set it up and it worked for 3 days before it starts showing this sign  Huh Huh
No devices running

I looked everywhere in this forum for a solution but no luck, I tried emailing Baikal support and skyping, no luck too.

Here is a screenshot
https://www.dropbox.com/s/801pfligdd79im3/22630fa9-2cd2-4c72-bc55-ab218f1a9877.jpg?raw=1

Will updating the orange pi help?
I will appreciate any tips or suggestions
Thanks

Did you complete the settings page setup (miners)? Is your fan running? If you had it running and didn't hear anything (the fan is really loud) you might have over heated the boards/chips and fried the unit. The Pi would still function since its separate.

If I remember correctly, there was a thread somewhere that discussed how to troubleshoot the Baikal Giant-B from the command line. It was really helpful and went through all the error codes. I would search for that thread. If I find it I will update my response.
Activity: 10
February 06, 2018, 11:38:49 AM
Hi everyone,

I am new in the mining business. Hopefully, I did not enter at the worse time possible.

I just received my Baikal giant b last week, I manage to set it up and it worked for 3 days before it starts showing this sign  Huh Huh
No devices running

I looked everywhere in this forum for a solution but no luck, I tried emailing Baikal support and skyping, no luck too.

Here is a screenshot
https://www.dropbox.com/s/801pfligdd79im3/22630fa9-2cd2-4c72-bc55-ab218f1a9877.jpg?raw=1

Will updating the orange pi help?
I will appreciate any tips or suggestions
Thanks
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
February 05, 2018, 09:31:35 PM
Baikal is going to have to re adjust their prices.

Not only has the initial  hype worn off, the market correction is really going to put a damper on things.

I imagine other folks needed to sell coins to buy the machines and now it's going to more difficult as well.
I agree, because the price must be adjusted per market conditions like all asic manufactures believe.
But i guess, they are adopting policy of 'wait & see', if market gets stuck then they could revise the price otherwise they are hoping for market to come back high.
Activity: 143
February 05, 2018, 04:50:08 PM
Baikal is going to have to re adjust their prices.

Not only has the initial  hype worn off, the market correction is really going to put a damper on things.

I imagine other folks needed to sell coins to buy the machines and now it's going to more difficult as well.
Activity: 3
February 05, 2018, 08:17:56 AM
Excuse me guys, could someone please tell me where I could buy a couple of these?  The Giant B model or the Giant X10.  Or the X10 isn’t out yet?  I appreciate anyone’s help.  Thanks! Smiley
If you want both X10 and B, you can buy it from Baikal for 7K each, Minimum 6 psc. per model. For 12 psc = 84K +
 payment fee + DHL fee + custims fee + 12 psc power suply.
Than you can earn per month of each as today prices:
- X10 - 850 usd
- Giant B - 680 usd
Activity: 3
February 05, 2018, 06:03:42 AM
Hi Yang

Sorry, to send direct a PN to you is not possible. Allways problems with this page...

-----------------
Hi Yang

Thanks for your messages on the forum.
Do you have any tips and tricks for my giant b?
i ordered it for 16k dollar and its work, but the "per day" moneay is very bad.

Thanks a lot
silverado

------------------

thanks
silverado
Activity: 14
February 04, 2018, 01:00:33 PM
If anyones interested got my initial video review of the baikaminer giant b up w/ an overview some options to mine a couple 1 hour profit projection mining tests

https://youtu.be/fB33Om_WON0
https://i.imgur.com/P9s34wql.png

great video thanks guys
February 04, 2018, 02:15:55 AM
can you tell me what is the best fan speed for Giant B to reduce noise?
I’ll see if we can get something official from Baikal about that.

Thank you, you are always helpful  Smiley
Activity: 508
Merit: 250
February 04, 2018, 01:59:58 AM
Excuse me guys, could someone please tell me where I could buy a couple of these?  The Giant B model or the Giant X10.  Or the X10 isn’t out yet?  I appreciate anyone’s help.  Thanks! Smiley
February 03, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
hi ...just received my baikal b , strangely no print on the box ,the device looks like been used !  
however , idid plug it to bitmain pw++ and it did work for 5 mints then shut down , changed the power supply but nothing seems to let it work or to switch on lights , any idea what would be the pb .....plz help
What does looks like it’s been used mean? If you mean it has scratches on the case that’s normal from mass production and testing. If you mean the fan is dust covered and the heat sync is filthy than yes good chance you got something used already. What are the specs on bitmain PSU?
Edit:1200W on 110v seems good enough to push a Giant b.

the box received without even a name tag on it , the aluminum case is filthy (compare to bitmain )...is it that okay ??
i used another power supply (Corsair 750w) and its working fine now ....thanks for replying ..

do you have any idea of its max temp or safe temp ? ive place it in isolated box and giving a reading of 65 ??
Activity: 83
Merit: 11
February 03, 2018, 10:38:13 PM

I'd be very interested as well, also what is safe temperature?
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
February 03, 2018, 04:11:48 PM
February 03, 2018, 01:37:28 PM
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
February 02, 2018, 07:10:58 PM
hi ...just received my baikal b , strangely no print on the box ,the device looks like been used !  
however , idid plug it to bitmain pw++ and it did work for 5 mints then shut down , changed the power supply but nothing seems to let it work or to switch on lights , any idea what would be the pb .....plz help
What does looks like it’s been used mean? If you mean it has scratches on the case that’s normal from mass production and testing. If you mean the fan is dust covered and the heat sync is filthy than yes good chance you got something used already. What are the specs on bitmain PSU?
Edit:1200W on 110v seems good enough to push a Giant b.
February 02, 2018, 01:04:20 PM
okg
Activity: 53
February 01, 2018, 10:45:30 AM
Can someone be a peach and paste a link to sd card iso. mine doesn't want to work anymore.
miner starts but doesn't get online.
Activity: 31
February 01, 2018, 08:59:49 AM
Hi,
how I can try mining Decred? How I have to setting miner? I though The Baikal B no have algo decred , cannot mining or can?

Hello,

I sent an email to Baikal regarding the Giant B and the X10 miners, here is what they said:

I see on your support page that you have a firmware update for the Giant X10.
                  What does the firmware improve?   Does it add the (2) additional algorithms that were hinted at on the Product Description Page?

Also, are there any plans to provide a firmware update for the Giant B miner?
                  Such as adding more mining algorithms, improve hashing performance,  or multiple mining algorithms at the same time?

>>
            hello
thanks for your support
about 2algos  we don't get any news from our company
please wait patient

best regards

baikal miner

Our cutting-edge technology creates a brighter future for you!

Web: www.baikalminer.com 丨 Skype: baikalminer

Email:[email protected]  丨 Facebook: @baikalminer.offical
Activity: 6
February 01, 2018, 04:52:34 AM
Hi,
how I can try mining Decred? How I have to setting miner? I though The Baikal B no have algo decred , cannot mining or can?
Activity: 143
February 01, 2018, 03:14:45 AM
Hello,
 I'm currently using Nicehash with my Giant B. I'm sending a preview of my actual statistics https://www.dropbox.com/s/huj0szkyhjpoh4a/Baikal%20B%20statistic.png?dl=0
any better option where do you have a higher mining profit?

Try mining Decred .
Activity: 12
February 01, 2018, 03:10:09 AM
do you guys know what the "Extranonce" option is for? and should I check the yes box?

when i started up the miner some of the default pools had the yes box checked.
Pages:
Jump to: