Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant-B - page 3. (Read 40620 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
June 02, 2018, 02:10:55 PM
Is Baikal B headed to doorstopper category? I'm just wondering if Baikal could update algos, or if the market could ever shift the earnings into a positive direction. Right now if makes much more sense to buy GPUs as they occasionally earn more for the dollar, even @ the new discounted price of $1000 + shipping.
Baikal are good to their customer and its time to prove it.
I and all miners think Baikal should make customers happy by announcing new algos updates for Giant B.
This way they can sell new unit as well and keep existing customers on board so they buy more units from them in future in addition to the positive marketing and image.

Baikal never told there will be additional algo's for Baikal B miner, except those, which were from the beginning of release.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
June 02, 2018, 12:29:49 PM
Is Baikal B headed to doorstopper category? I'm just wondering if Baikal could update algos, or if the market could ever shift the earnings into a positive direction. Right now if makes much more sense to buy GPUs as they occasionally earn more for the dollar, even @ the new discounted price of $1000 + shipping.
I and all miners think Baikal should make customers happy by announcing new algos updates for Giant B.
This way they can sell new unit as well and keep existing customers on board so they buy more units from them in future in addition to the positive marketing and image.

More costumization would be very appreciate,like overclocking
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
June 02, 2018, 12:00:29 PM
legendary
May 31, 2018, 09:14:05 PM
Temperature input would relate to suitable ambient temperate , room temperature prior to active operation.   You'd be pretty uncomfortable standing in a room below zero or above 40c.   So operating it in sub zero conditions could be a problem by that advice I think, its possible it would lead to condensation and cause further problems.   Especially cold air can carry excess moisture into what is basically a kind of space heater with fine electronics also.    If your device is indicating operating at 45c thats fine, the actual input temperature must be far lower.  I cant think of any chips recently upset by such a low operating onboard temp

thanks buddy for input I tried my ass to keep those machine under 40 but it seems impossible when you scale this up lol

what do you consider as a bad temps ?
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
May 31, 2018, 07:57:47 PM
Temperature input would relate to suitable ambient temperate , room temperature prior to active operation.   You'd be pretty uncomfortable standing in a room below zero or above 40c.   So operating it in sub zero conditions could be a problem by that advice I think, its possible it would lead to condensation and cause further problems.   Especially cold air can carry excess moisture into what is basically a kind of space heater with fine electronics also.    If your device is indicating operating at 45c thats fine, the actual input temperature must be far lower.  I cant think of any chips recently upset by such a low operating onboard temp
legendary
May 31, 2018, 02:20:00 PM
Hello im interested into temperature input for BKB on website it say 0-40,this is chips fonctionnality or ambian temp ? Mine going around 40-45 so im not sure if its good,substainable or bad.

Thanks alot
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
May 30, 2018, 11:14:27 AM
Anyone have input on sustained temperatures over 6months+ with a BK-B?
Activity: 6
May 30, 2018, 10:38:50 AM
Hey there,

Didn't know exactly where to post but here is a scammer:

live:baikalminer_3
18 January 1970
48 age
male
chinese

Beware he will tell you that you cannot make bank transfer at the moment only BTC/Dash which Baikal themselves do not accept Dash.
He made me big discounts and was about to send me his wallet address should've waited for that maybe you guys could've put him in his place a lil bit.
SOoo be careful homies
Activity: 531
Merit: 29
May 28, 2018, 09:40:26 AM
If Giant B is about to dead, that what supposed to say users of L3++($0.47/day). Shocked
The profitability has recently decreased for the all miners, not only for Giant B.

Naron where are you ? You just logged in on May 20 2018 to support BAIKAL and then ? No activity ?
Newbie Naron where are you ? we need your opinion ! .............

You see people the ASIC companies they open new users here to support their ASIC sales ....
WATCH OUT !

Dude... his account is like 4 years old. Don't know what you're on about

He is pissed that Baikal did not sell him their money making machines cheap. True, just check his post history. He was begging for them to reduce price.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
May 28, 2018, 08:32:26 AM
If Giant B is about to dead, that what supposed to say users of L3++($0.47/day). Shocked
The profitability has recently decreased for the all miners, not only for Giant B.

Naron where are you ? You just logged in on May 20 2018 to support BAIKAL and then ? No activity ?

You see people the ASIC companies they open new users here to support their ASIC sales ....
WATCH OUT !

Dude... his account is like 4 years old. Don't know what you're on about
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
May 28, 2018, 03:59:23 AM

WATCH OUT !
Activity: 51
May 27, 2018, 11:27:15 AM

Talked to Baikal Support... max 40 Degree is a safe working temperature... that should be possible with fan at 60% or less.

On their website , they state operating temp is 0-40 C.   Do they mean the room temperature or the miner ?

40C seems very low for the max of the miner.     My GPU's run 40-78C .  

Chip Temp!

But as I guess... X10 and the old products are able to run much hotter.. so this is just a statement to be on the safe side maybe.

I think by ambient, baikal means means room temperature. Also, if you check baikal monitor software, there is an overheat protections set to 55 C degress if i am not mistaken.

I chatted o Baikal Support on this today, he confirm that 0-40c is device temperature show on Baikal interface. I told him it is impossible for me below 40c when I mine Lbry. I ask him if he knew any clients run more than 50c and still running fine. His replied is that he knew clients running fine at 50+ but better don't run more than 60c.

I would assume this giant b should be ok to run 50+ but below 60c.

I think something got lost in translation.    Could the chip run properly at zero degrees Celsius ?   Mine have been running 29-46 C .  
[/quote]

Indeed. 0 - 40 C is a room temperature for sure. My chips are appr. 40 C and pi zero 50 - 55 C for several months without any problem.
[/quote]

I have 4 going right now running between 50 - 55c is that too hot? Should i be concerned? Is there any over heat protection built into these miners?

Activity: 14
May 20, 2018, 08:49:18 AM
hi all....please help

im still mining decred in luxor pool by baikal b ,,,,is it better to mine lby or pascal ...if yes ..which pool plz ....

Idk if it is the most profitable but I'm mining pascalcoin on nanopool

LBRY at lbry.suprnova.cc

PASC at pasc.nanopool.org

thx alot guys ..is it better ,,i feel its almost the same ,,wat do u think ??

May I know how much you get now on Luxor mining decred using Giant B?  For both LBRY and PASC, I am getting roughly only $6.50 to $7.00 per day.  Giant B is about to dead.

Y

its just 7 $....
May 20, 2018, 08:40:49 AM

May I know how much you get now on Luxor mining decred using Giant B?  For both LBRY and PASC, I am getting roughly only $6.50 to $7.00 per day.  Giant B is about to dead.

Y
[/quote]

For the all miners, profitability has recently decreased, not only for Giant B.
[/quote]

Yes BAIKAL we know you got angry because you don't sell miners
You don't need to open new users and to support your BAIKAL doorstops ,,, no one is buying them... like Bitmain... market crisis 
Activity: 29
May 20, 2018, 08:40:25 AM
May 18, 2018, 05:45:57 PM
hi all....please help

im still mining decred in luxor pool by baikal b ,,,,is it better to mine lby or pascal ...if yes ..which pool plz ....

LBRY at lbry.suprnova.cc

thx alot guys ..is it better ,,i feel its almost the same ,,wat do u think ??
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
May 18, 2018, 04:12:29 PM
hi all....please help

LBRY at lbry.suprnova.cc

Activity: 689
Merit: 253
May 18, 2018, 02:02:04 PM
hi all....please help

May 18, 2018, 01:52:46 PM
hi all....please help

May 18, 2018, 03:17:23 AM
I see Baikal pulled the price off of the web page for this miner.  Possible price drop?  
That's exactly what I'm thinking right now; I only see "Announcement: On Sale" right now. Makes sense since profitability has been continuously dropping since the beginning of the month, it's still at ~$7.50/day at $0.10/kWh electrical costs but I guess Baikal wants to keep sale volume high.

X10 is down to 1599, guess this will be 899 when they list again.

One month ago BAIKAL X10 was $2700 and now $1600....by not investing to BAIKAL in 1 month you have more profit. Baikal X10 did not make $1100 in profit.
The conclusion is yours
Pages:
Jump to: