Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner - page 39. (Read 32808 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 104
How i understand these miners developed long time ago and used by developers for mining cryptonight, and now he want sell him?
copper member
Activity: 166
Merit: 84
Monero announce to fork for new algorithm to prevent this baikal shit asic.
Ipbc too, and i hope this shit will be destroyed

Well it looks like the scumbags at baikal have been mining 75% of all the new monero
blocks for the past 3 months, and now that the monero team is forking,  the only coin worthwhile
will be unmineable to them i guess thats why baikal is dumping all these miners now.

This is very interesting.  Cryptonight mined by Vega cards used to be (by far) the most profitable mining setup.  Then, despite the fact of a total shortage of Vega cards, difficulty on the cryptonight coins went up, and the Vega cards became way less profitable, despite no more Vega cards supplied to the market.  Which agrees with your statement that the increased difficulty was due to Baikal mining.

However, in my opinion Electroneum has a very bright future.  If ETN is not forking, I'd say the miner is worth it just for that.

Activity: 94
Merit: 5

Well it looks like the scumbags at baikal have been mining 75% of all the new monero
blocks for the past 3 months, and now that the monero team is forking,  the only coin worthwhile
will be unmineable to them i guess thats why baikal is dumping all these miners now.
Activity: 788
Merit: 100
Activity: 89
Merit: 0

Sorry - GPU mining is dying off. Let's accept it and move on...

NVIDIA users laugh on this post Grin
Activity: 28

... and, unfortunately, all those who bought GPUs as a hedge because "you can always resell them to gamers if the market goes to shit" will flood the market beyond saturation for gaming.

It seems to be more profitable for the mining manufacturers to add new algos than faster BTC miners.   

The Monero project isn't accepting it. The new IPBC coin isn't either. I really hope the other CN coins get on board. The software side of this equation doesn't have to accept it, it just has to have the will to fight.
Activity: 306
Merit: 251

... and, unfortunately, all those who bought GPUs as a hedge because "you can always resell them to gamers if the market goes to shit" will flood the market beyond saturation for gaming.

It seems to be more profitable for the mining manufacturers to add new algos than faster BTC miners.   

I'm curious if there will be a downtrend in GPU mining like has previously happened and public interest dies off as Crypto falls out of mainstream news. Once the uptrend starts again GPU mining becomes profitable for a new algo\coin and Crypto hits the mainstream again
Activity: 315
Merit: 120

.F.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
Remember guys, the main proposal of cryptos in general is Decentralization

Asics and big farms are total against Decentralization, we are losing focus here, we can say NO to every Asic and DO NOT BUY these craps

Totally agree!!! Plus, just about EVERY cryptonote coin has used "anti ASIC" or "ASIC resistant" as one of their selling points. It's time for every one of these projects to live up to that promise and support the CPU/GPU miners that have built them up. 

We have to spread this, lets see what devs will do to prevent Asics

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403

Asics and big farms are total against Decentralization, we are losing focus here, we can say NO to every Asic and DO NOT BUY these craps

Totally agree!!! Plus, just about EVERY cryptonote coin has used "anti ASIC" or "ASIC resistant" as one of their selling points. It's time for every one of these projects to live up to that promise and support the CPU/GPU miners that have built them up. 

We have to spread this, lets see what devs will do to prevent Asics
Activity: 247
Merit: 59
Please build me a GPU rig that can do 20MH with using $4500 Grin.
I know you meant 20kH Wink

I'd like to see this also.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
this has got to be one of the  "dumbest" asics out there.  you can build an amd gpu rig to mine 20MH for about the same price.   sure, the power consumption is higher on a gpu rig, but it least I won't be stuck with a $5000 piece of trash when all cryptonight coins hard fork to follow monero so that they can't be mined by this thing.

You are not building a gpu rig for $3600 that can do 20kh/s

After taxes import and shipping that $3600 is more like $4000-$4500.  and yes, for $4000-$4500 I can build a gpu rig that mines cryptonight at 20MH.   I've been doing it for months, and i'll keep building rigs at this price and lately even cheaper.  If you can't figure that out, then you're doing it wrong.
Please build me a GPU rig that can do 20MH with using $4500 Grin.
I know you meant 20kH Wink
Activity: 315
Merit: 120
there are always fail safes everywhere, so as cryptonight devs will not allow it and so baikal company have ways to adapt to a new algo if that happens, let's see who will win in the end.

I think ASICs are a positive for Monero because it may limit the ad mining with your CPU ... or, at least, make it less profitable.
Activity: 96
AsicMinermarket? is this legit page to buy miner, i read some misleading stuff about them.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
this has got to be one of the  "dumbest" asics out there.  you can build an amd gpu rig to mine 20MH for about the same price.   sure, the power consumption is higher on a gpu rig, but it least I won't be stuck with a $5000 piece of trash when all cryptonight coins hard fork to follow monero so that they can't be mined by this thing.

After taxes import and shipping that $3600 is more like $4000-$4500.  and yes, for $4000-$4500 I can build a gpu rig that mines cryptonight at 20MH.   I've been doing it for months, and i'll keep building rigs at this price and lately even cheaper.  If you can't figure that out, then you're doing it wrong.

I doubt you are (not saying that you are not)

and also what is the power draw on those rigs???
Activity: 170
Merit: 10

Activity: 28

Activity: 3
Would someone be able to share the Baikal payment details they have received for their Giant N order?
Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403

Activity: 420
Merit: 255
Shouldn't  people be wondering why these are for sale now and not when they were prob built in early jan? You are being sold used and soon to be almost useless miners once monero forks. Wake up people.

You argument seems valid, i am not buying at this price. Maybe if it was $1200 or so i would take the risk but for this price its not worth risk.
Pages:
Jump to: