Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner - page 42. (Read 32808 times)

Activity: 662
Merit: 500
I've ordered only 1 to test it if it's really true. Since I've made here few guides for Cryptonight mining and also bios modding. I'm not very happy from Cryptonight ASICs to be honest... If it will arrive before Monero hardfork I will test Monero if not then ETN, SUMO, KRB,...
They haven't let me know anymore details for now, I hope there is also the laptop PSU included or at least the PSU adapter I don't have any spare PC PSU, but some laptop PSU I do have Cheesy

Where did you order it? Asicminermarket?
Yes, from there.

Hope for the best... Asicminermarket is not know for shipping your items quickly..
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
thats baikal will ruin crypto world, hopefully all will forked and change the algo ..
Activity: 306
Merit: 251
this has got to be one of the  "dumbest" asics out there.  you can build an amd gpu rig to mine 20MH for about the same price.   sure, the power consumption is higher on a gpu rig, but it least I won't be stuck with a $5000 piece of trash when all cryptonight coins hard fork to follow monero so that they can't be mined by this thing.

You are not building a gpu rig for $3600 that can do 20kh/s
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
I've ordered only 1 to test it if it's really true. Since I've made here few guides for Cryptonight mining and also bios modding. I'm not very happy from Cryptonight ASICs to be honest... If it will arrive before Monero hardfork I will test Monero if not then ETN, SUMO, KRB,...
They haven't let me know anymore details for now, I hope there is also the laptop PSU included or at least the PSU adapter I don't have any spare PC PSU, but some laptop PSU I do have Cheesy

Yes, from there.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
this has got to be one of the  "dumbest" asics out there.  you can build an amd gpu rig to mine 20MH for about the same price.   sure, the power consumption is higher on a gpu rig, but it least I won't be stuck with a $5000 piece of trash when all cryptonight coins hard fork to follow monero so that they can't be mined by this thing.

im pretty sure they want to  just get rid of their hardware before it becomes complete useless, suddenly the forks will only hurt people who buy this and small miners.
Baikal is for sure already building new miners for the new cryptonight algo v7...so difficulty will stay high or raise even more on all cryptonight coins

i bet my balls the hashrate grow overall cryptonight coins was by asic miners behind closed doors and the minority by botnets
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
Activity: 3

Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Activity: 27
What's the most profitable cryptonight coin at the moment that's not monero?

https://i.imgur.com/tbc0u5C.jpg

Look at here, there are more coins and Monero is far to be the most profitable

https://www.cryptunit.com

The profitability there is deceptive. Many of those coins do not have the volume to support large scale ASIC use. Monero, perhaps ETN and Sumo might support some but the rest could not.

There are only 2 coins that can even remotely support the hashrate these things can muster. Those two are Monero (which already made it clear they're forking against this ASIC) and ETN (not sure if they're going to fork against or not). Every single other coin can barely break 1 BTC daily volume. It's a joke. You're legit stranded with an ASIC that has just about the most limited number of coins algorithm wise.
I wouldn't say it's the most limited, but it certainly isn't the most profitable. My guess is that it was just easier to engineer an ASIC for than anything else that is semi-popular. I certainly hope that most coins' devs have at least some common sense and move to another algorithm.
Activity: 391
Merit: 105

The profitability there is deceptive. Many of those coins do not have the volume to support large scale ASIC use. Monero, perhaps ETN and Sumo might support some but the rest could not.

There are only 2 coins that can even remotely support the hashrate these things can muster. Those two are Monero (which already made it clear they're forking against this ASIC) and ETN (not sure if they're going to fork against or not). Every single other coin can barely break 1 BTC daily volume. It's a joke. You're legit stranded with an ASIC that has just about the most limited number of coins algorithm wise.
price is too high) only one achievement - low power consumption)

Umm...

20 KH/s for $3600?

To build a GPU rig to do that you would need 10 Vegas... Those are $900 each and use 220 watts each at least, so...

10 x $900 + $600 (rest of rig) = $9,600 for the equivalent GPU rig...

Daily run time cost....

Baikal - $0.14 @ $0.10 per KWh
Vega - $5.28 @ $0.10 per KWh...

I'm still not buying one and hope it isn't true...

No.. If you bought vega 56s at launch (like I did). You would have 10X vega 56 = 4000USD @ 18kh/s. Vega 56s can easily hit 150W @ 2kh/s. His statement is fairly accurate. Hashing wise it's not that impressive. It's the power consumption where there's a big difference.
Activity: 1
Here we go...Lets see what happens. 
I hope that upcoming Monero hardfork will kill this at least for Monero. But the rest Cryptonight coins will be pretty much suffer for GPU mining.
Same with Nicehash, if the hardfork will disable Monero for Nicehash all the mining power will go to ETN, SUMO, ITNS probably and without firmware update the same with this ASIC.

I'm very curious about the power consumption 20kH/s at 60W? When I forget to turn off the lights in bathroom I have higher power consumption there Cheesy

There are multiple coins already in the talks about forking away from this ASIC. Should be an interesting few weeks.
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
If this wont mine monero after its fork then forget it. Etn and sumo etc wont handle this hash power without tanking.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
i will bail out on this one, to expensive, 1250$ would be a good price, but they will find enough sheeps who buy that miner...

Hopefully they won't. But the uninformed masses never cease to amaze me. This thing is dead on arrival. I'd love to see baikal lose millions with this ASIC due to all the major coins switching algos (Monero and IPBC confirmed so far) but they've probably already made their investment back by mining with these for a few months before announcing them, unfortunately.

They can change algos as many times they like, if it stays below or at 1mb requirement you will be able to mine it with asic

No, you won't be able to. You can't reprogram an Application Specific Integrated Circuit. If it were an FPGA, then yes, they could potentially make it work with a new algo.

Do we know if that asic is FPGA or ASIC, to many people FPGA is "asic" too

The efficiency gain is way to high to be anything but an ASIC. It's for sure an ASIC.
Activity: 153
Merit: 2

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Gave my 2c on the miner if anyone's interested

https://youtu.be/qAFU74g5ngw

Activity: 47
i will bail out on this one, to expensive, 1250$ would be a good price, but they will find enough sheeps who buy that miner...

Hopefully they won't. But the uninformed masses never cease to amaze me. This thing is dead on arrival. I'd love to see baikal lose millions with this ASIC due to all the major coins switching algos (Monero and IPBC confirmed so far) but they've probably already made their investment back by mining with these for a few months before announcing them, unfortunately.

They can change algos as many times they like, if it stays below or at 1mb requirement you will be able to mine it with asic

really?  how?
so you mean Baikal can provide new patch fix the new algorithm?
Activity: 149
Merit: 100

Thank
Activity: 147
Merit: 1

Pages:
Jump to: