Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner - page 41. (Read 32808 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
So far I've found $XMR $IPBC and $EDL who will introduce anti asic properties..  is there any other coin who will be anti asic?
I think this asic is just many mobile/pc processors on one board and new monero algo is useless.
if that's the case then it's not asic at all
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
So far I've found $XMR $IPBC and $EDL who will introduce anti asic properties..  is there any other coin who will be anti asic?
I think this asic is just many mobile/pc processors on one board and new monero algo is useless.
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

Where did you order it? Asicminermarket?
Yes, from there.

Did you pay them in BTC? If yes, what rate of exchange they used? How is it differ from Bitstamp/Bitfinex?
I paid with LTC, 19.9 LTC.
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
So is it a FPGA or ASIC? Or it has gender identity crisis?
It should be FPGA since it support 2 algos. Just like other Baikals.

According to girl, its ASIC.

Also, it doesnt support 2 algos, cryptonight-lite is just cryptonight, but with half of the scratchpad.
According to Voskcoin it uses FPGA. I think that too... like they say on the Baikal Giant B thread those 2 Cryptonight algos probably should have been those 2 algos that they promised to add for Giant B.
I know the differences between Cryptonight and Cryptonight-lite, I was porting the latest XMR-STAK-AMD for Aeon...
I don't understand ASICs too much so I might be wrong.

Activity: 76
So happy to see this thing dead on arrival.. XMR + IPBC switching algos, with hopefully other CN coins to follow. Fuck you, baikal.  Smiley

Has any other CN coin announced support for the switch yet? Sumo and ETN, for example.
So far I've found $XMR $IPBC and $EDL who will introduce anti asic properties..  is there any other coin who will be anti asic?
Activity: 326
Merit: 250

Where did you order it? Asicminermarket?
Yes, from there.

Did you pay them in BTC? If yes, what rate of exchange they used? How is it differ from Bitstamp/Bitfinex?
Activity: 27

Also, it doesnt support 2 algos, cryptonight-lite is just cryptonight, but with half of the scratchpad.
Who's this 'girl'?
Activity: 194
Merit: 4

Activity: 72
theres no way 60 watts can be right, if it generates any heat whatsoever at that hash rate its gotta be a hell of a lot more!
CryptoNight and CryptoNight-lite are basically the same things. An ASIC that works for CryptoNight will work for CryptoNight-lite without any additional hassle. They could've as easily not advertised CryptoNight-lite as they probably didn't need to add anything to what they created for CryptoNight initially.
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
But AEON algo is not really different from cryptonight apart from the size of the scratchpad.
Activity: 247
Merit: 59
No.. If you bought vega 56s at launch (like I did). You would have 10X vega 56 = 4000USD @ 18kh/s. Vega 56s can easily hit 150W @ 2kh/s. His statement is fairly accurate. Hashing wise it's not that impressive. It's the power consumption where there's a big difference.

I get that you bought vega at launch. However if you were going to build today you would have to pay way more.

I'd say if someone created a miner that costs 1/3 of today's prices for video cards, people would be excited to buy...
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Activity: 75
saw that tooo most of the coins will hardfork to kill this...i would not recommend anyone buying it...i can confirm that i got the same responce mail today...
Can't know for sure until people start publishing tear downs.
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
Activity: 174
im not huge on ASIC for all the reasons many are ..

but for the coins to each fork when threatened is no business plan to follow ..

competition is healthy ... we must embrace the changes ahead --

just as we have watched society accept crypto slowly but true !

namaste
Does anyone actually know the specific ASIC related changes being made in Cryptonight V7? They have't even be published yet have they?

Moreno botnet= False flag
Somebody already did PR for XMR-STAK with needed changes, but it might not be final.
https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/pull/1126

Hope for the best... Asicminermarket is not know for shipping your items quickly..
Yeah, I heard, but it says 72 hours shipping, would be great Cheesy
Probably 72 hours after they receive the batch from Baikal Tongue
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Does anyone actually know the specific ASIC related changes being made in Cryptonight V7? They have't even be published yet have they?

Somebody already did PR for XMR-STAK with needed changes, but it might not be final.
https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/pull/1126

Hope for the best... Asicminermarket is not know for shipping your items quickly..
Yeah, I heard, but it says 72 hours shipping, would be great Cheesy
Activity: 42
this has got to be one of the  "dumbest" asics out there.  you can build an amd gpu rig to mine 20MH for about the same price.   sure, the power consumption is higher on a gpu rig, but it least I won't be stuck with a $5000 piece of trash when all cryptonight coins hard fork to follow monero so that they can't be mined by this thing.

im pretty sure they want to  just get rid of their hardware before it becomes complete useless, suddenly the forks will only hurt people who buy this and small miners.
Baikal is for sure already building new miners for the new cryptonight algo v7...so difficulty will stay high or raise even more on all cryptonight coins

i bet my balls the hashrate grow overall cryptonight coins was by asic miners behind closed doors and the minority by botnets

Pages:
Jump to: