Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner - page 40. (Read 32808 times)

Activity: 489
Merit: 253
Shouldn't  people be wondering why these are for sale now and not when they were prob built in early jan? You are being sold used and soon to be almost useless miners once monero forks. Wake up people.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Got a reply from Ricardo Spagni on twitter @Fluffypony about Baikal N mining monero:

It won’t mine Monero, so sorry for anyone that orders it without realising they’re being scammed.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
what is the todays profit, 20-25$?
how do you think what is  after receiving this miners

less then 20-25$
Activity: 262
Merit: 100
what is the todays profit, 20-25$?
how do you think what is  after receiving this miners
Activity: 301
Merit: 31
The guys over at baikal(or asicminersmarket?) have probably been mining with this equipment for a while. Did a quick search on google, and this thread came up: https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/7s9zwe/fpga_mining/ - with the identical specs with the "new" baikals. It may seem that we are receiving used equipment and that this is reason of increase of hashrate over the last months. The reason for them selling them now may well be the upcoming fork.

Very interesting...really the same specs, thanks for sharing...in effect I do not find that Baikal declare that those units are new...but probably passed looong BurnIn tests  Wink
Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw
The guys over at baikal(or asicminersmarket?) have probably been mining with this equipment for a while. Did a quick search on google, and this thread came up: https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/7s9zwe/fpga_mining/ - with the identical specs with the "new" baikals. It may seem that we are receiving used equipment and that this is reason of increase of hashrate over the last months. The reason for them selling them now may well be the upcoming fork.
Activity: 301
Merit: 31
If Electroneum change the algo like Monero announce, the daily trading volume of all other cryptonight coins are very low, and We can expect a big price drop of cryptonight coins soon. Coin owners probably protect their coins, and change the algo.
ROI for this unit will be long...
Good thing is that price of cryptonight contracts on NiceHash will be very low  Wink
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
there are always fail safes everywhere, so as cryptonight devs will not allow it and so baikal company have ways to adapt to a new algo if that happens, let's see who will win in the end.
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Hi I have purchased 6 but have no idea where I'm looking for a power adaptor and PSU. Can someone point me in the right direction ?
Same problem, but I hope they will at least ship it with the 6pin adapter, then you just have to buy some cheap laptop PSU at least 100W I would say.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Hi I have purchased 6 but have no idea where I'm looking for a power adaptor and PSU. Can someone point me in the right direction ?
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Just dropped a request on Electroneum official webpage for BANNING this miner. This ASIC will ruin mining experience. XMR already announced that they would ban this shit.
It will be funny watching ETN devs doing another great job on their Github and then rolling it back because whole net stop working Cheesy

ETN has devs? TIL

Last time they paid a guy from the monero community to apply a patch that was written months ago because they had no idea what to do with it...
Even after Monero hardfork and the other coins Baikal N won't be able to mine it anymore (if it won't be updated), it will mine ETN like hell for ages Cheesy or I hope so Cheesy

BTW you would be lucky if they even answer... I'm waiting for unblocking my wallet for 2 weeks.

Mattthev - Your miner is still in production mining for them!
I know that, it's called output control Cheesy
Activity: 247
Merit: 59
Yeah, I heard, but it says 72 hours shipping, would be great Cheesy

Mattthev - Your miner is still in production mining for them!
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
Just dropped a request on Electroneum official webpage for BANNING this miner. This ASIC will ruin mining experience. XMR already announced that they would ban this shit.
It will be funny watching ETN devs doing another great job on their Github and then rolling it back because whole net stop working Cheesy

ETN has devs? TIL

Last time they paid a guy from the monero community to apply a patch that was written months ago because they had no idea what to do with it...
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Activity: 1
Activity: 27
So is it a FPGA or ASIC? Or it has gender identity crisis?
It should be FPGA since it support 2 algos. Just like other Baikals.

According to girl, its ASIC.

Also, it doesnt support 2 algos, cryptonight-lite is just cryptonight, but with half of the scratchpad.
According to Voskcoin it uses FPGA. I think that too... like they say on the Baikal Giant B thread those 2 Cryptonight algos probably should have been those 2 algos that they promised to add for Giant B.
I know the differences between Cryptonight and Cryptonight-lite, I was porting the latest XMR-STAK-AMD for Aeon...
I don't understand ASICs too much so I might be wrong.

Wouldn't it be possible to reprogram the FPGA for the new pow change albeit not trivial? If that was the case I'd assume that would have been their main sales pitch...
In that case, monero is screwed. As soon as they release a new algorithm, Baikal would already be working on the new firmware.
Not really, they can always ditch cryptonight for something else like cuckoo cycle. But yeah it makes a whole lot of difference if they're FPGAs or ASIC, if only they gave bit of more information before asking people for +$30k...
This is what happens when there's no competition.

Also, it doesnt support 2 algos, cryptonight-lite is just cryptonight, but with half of the scratchpad.
According to Voskcoin it uses FPGA. I think that too... like they say on the Baikal Giant B thread those 2 Cryptonight algos probably should have been those 2 algos that they promised to add for Giant B.
I know the differences between Cryptonight and Cryptonight-lite, I was porting the latest XMR-STAK-AMD for Aeon...

Wouldn't it be possible to reprogram the FPGA for the new pow change albeit not trivial? If that was the case I'd assume that would have been their main sales pitch...
In that case, monero is screwed. As soon as they release a new algorithm, Baikal would already be working on the new firmware.
Not really, they can always ditch cryptonight for something else like cuckoo cycle. But yeah it makes a whole lot of difference if they're FPGAs or ASIC, if only they gave bit of more information before asking people for +$30k...

So happy to see this thing dead on arrival.. XMR + IPBC switching algos, with hopefully other CN coins to follow. Fuck you, baikal.  Smiley

Has any other CN coin announced support for the switch yet? Sumo and ETN, for example.
So far I've found $XMR $IPBC and $EDL who will introduce anti asic properties..  is there any other coin who will be anti asic?
Also, XTL developers announced that they will switch to another algorithm to keep ASIC resistance.
Pages:
Jump to: