Author

Topic: Baikal Giant X10 - page 108. (Read 132882 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 0
December 13, 2017, 08:55:29 PM
I must admit... for well over a month now I had assumed I was never going to see this miner, and chalked this entire thing up to a loss.  It's disheartening that I was not able to see the profits I originally anticipated.  I was hoping to get in on some dash or other x11 coin before it got out of hand with the Bitmain stuff.  In the end, I'm pretty pleased that it looks like I _might_ be able to see a little ROI.

I can't really find any physical evidence that allows me to conclude the miner was used before I got it.  However, as I may have mentioned, I did some digging and found that the example mining pool settings were copied on to the filesystem image in early November.  I'm not sure that proves anything... I'll leave that up to the reader.

The extra algorithms yet to come are still a bit of a wild-card.  It would be really sweet if it could mine siacoin before those ASICs hit.  I was slightly interested in one, but felt they were overpriced.  This would be some sweet irony!

Update on my experiments with fan speed settings:

I'm mining Skein right now and have had the baikal-fan setting on 30 for the past 2 hours. I finally noticed a 1 degree up-tick to 21c. Worth noting that the miner is in a finished basement.  The basement is heated, but the thermometer is just set to ensure the pipes won't freeze.

For comparison sake, I still have a meager little cube running in another room, and the temp on that is 28c.

I don't think there is a way to set a specific fan speed for a specific algorithm, so be careful if you are doing a low fan speed and have the miner set up with the possibility that it switches to one of the higher wattage algorithms...
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
December 13, 2017, 07:57:30 PM
I'm warning everyone to avoid Baikal, they are as bad as they come. They sell units out from under you, they mine with the units and then they try to dump them at inflated prices when they are near becoming obsolete.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
December 13, 2017, 07:53:05 PM
Just figured out how to do the profit switching on MPH. The port numbers in the browser were wrong for algo switching. They need to be 12's.
December 13, 2017, 07:14:23 PM
I am getting more and more concerned about my order of 10 units of Baikal X10 from ASIC miner market.  They keep sending the same crap email they have posted on the face book.. blaming everything on Baikal.  I subsequently placed orders with Baikal for "second batch" for 15 units and recently heard from Baikal asking for shipping address confirmation...

So while Baikal is getting ready to ship the second batch, ASIC miner market, is still giving excuses and saying that they have provided my shipping details to Baikal.  Bottom line is, I bought my miners from ASIC miner market and I feel it is their responsiblity to get the miners out of Baikal.  Now I am begining to feel that ASIC miner market MAY ACTUALLY BE A SCAM. Buyers beware..

They are offering "refund" but that is not good enough for me.. I feel I have been cheated.  I bought the miners at a premium in expectation of early delivery and now facing the music from them.

Has ANYONE received any Baikal X!0 ordered from ASIC miner market in the first batch?  Any thoughts on legal action?

My X10 came from ASIC Miner Market. I purchased as part of the first batch on the same day Baikal made the announcement about the miner on their Facebook page.
December 13, 2017, 04:49:26 PM
Right now Im mining skein on MPH with all 3 machines. Having a real hard time figuring out profits as the auto conversion to BTC takes a while.
Activity: 374
Merit: 101
December 13, 2017, 02:49:56 PM
Anyone else having problems with this forum? It keeps crashing for me.

Yes, it looks overloaded: today slow performance, database errors and cloudflare connection failures.
December 13, 2017, 02:22:16 PM
Anyone else having problems with this forum? It keeps crashing for me.
December 13, 2017, 02:19:41 PM
Its supposed to do it by default if you use the stock settings for zpool or mph. Not sure if its working though.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
December 13, 2017, 01:38:14 PM
Does the x10 do profit switching?

How?

December 13, 2017, 10:55:48 AM
For some odd reason zpool is working this morning for me. So I know how 1 miner on MPH pointed at Qubit and 2 Miners on Zpool currently mining Qubit but I think they will switch if profit changes. Not sure if I have the profit switching set up right and fairly certain it just doesnt work for MPH at the moment.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
December 13, 2017, 10:39:13 AM
This is my last purchase from Baikal. A miser, do not keep the promise Get out here.
Activity: 9
December 13, 2017, 10:12:15 AM
I am getting more and more concerned about my order of 10 units of Baikal X10 from ASIC miner market.  They keep sending the same crap email they have posted on the face book.. blaming everything on Baikal.  I subsequently placed orders with Baikal for "second batch" for 15 units and recently heard from Baikal asking for shipping address confirmation...

So while Baikal is getting ready to ship the second batch, ASIC miner market, is still giving excuses and saying that they have provided my shipping details to Baikal.  Bottom line is, I bought my miners from ASIC miner market and I feel it is their responsiblity to get the miners out of Baikal.  Now I am begining to feel that ASIC miner market MAY ACTUALLY BE A SCAM. Buyers beware..

They are offering "refund" but that is not good enough for me.. I feel I have been cheated.  I bought the miners at a premium in expectation of early delivery and now facing the music from them.

Has ANYONE received any Baikal X!0 ordered from ASIC miner market in the first batch?  Any thoughts on legal action?
December 13, 2017, 09:49:39 AM
So i reflashed their image on the side card, it boots up fine and starts mining with the default pools. As soon as I try to modify the pools it goes offline and then refuses connection. Any thoughts? It seems like I am unable to write any changes to the card.

I had the same issue with one unit when I configured it to only use zpool. I haven't been able to get zpool working, but was able to get out of the 111 connection loop by restoring the pool config from a backup and then power cycling the miner.
So my first machine worked fine for zpool, just pasted in my wallet address but I can't get zpool to work on machine 2 or 3 and I have no clue why. I hate MPH's site and how hard it is to tell what you are actually making. Any ideas why zpool wont connect on all machines?
Activity: 238
December 13, 2017, 08:18:25 AM
It is like watching a trainwreck in posts. Baikal were once honest players. What went wrong?  Undecided
Activity: 374
Merit: 101
December 13, 2017, 04:48:53 AM
Tomorrow I received a mail from Baikal to confirm my delivery address.
Looks like something is moving, I'm from batch #2.
December 13, 2017, 01:52:00 AM
Will someone please take a picture of this so called "open backgate"? Thanks.

Like this:

https://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1YVhNcdqUQKJjSZFIq6AOkFXaM/New-Baikal-Giant-X10-ATX-Power-10Gh.jpg_350x350.jpg

My case looks like that.  However, the board arrangement is different in mine than it is here. In my unit, the controller is mounted horizontally on a backplane that each of the ASIC boards plug into.  The unit in the image looks like it requires external bus cables.
Activity: 107
Merit: 11
December 13, 2017, 01:09:34 AM
Will someone please take a picture of this so called "open backgate"? Thanks.
Activity: 544
Merit: 250
December 13, 2017, 01:04:11 AM
Mine has the "open" back plate. It was missing a screw at the bottom, which was not inside the box.

Ouch, guess quality control isn't up to par.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
December 13, 2017, 01:02:34 AM
I just got mine today  Grin
December 13, 2017, 12:53:45 AM
Mine has the "open" back plate. It was missing a screw at the bottom, which was not inside the box.

It also came online mining x11 at 100% fan speed when I booted it for the first time. That was really annoying (loud) until I figured out the IP, and was able to change that.

I'm mining DGB-Skein right now with the fan set to 40.  All temps are at 20c.  I think I'll try a lower setting tomorrow when I have a chance to monitor it.

I can no longer hear it in the other room with the door closed, so that's good.  You can probably make it quieter by dampening it a bit (or adding a proper grill-plate) to the exposed end like the 2nd batch units have.  The entire thing seems to resonate, which amplifies the fan noise.
Jump to: