Author

Topic: Baikal Giant X10 - page 104. (Read 132882 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
December 16, 2017, 10:02:00 AM
Although I bought two units, there is no problem if there is only one unit, but if two units are powered up at the same time one unit will not be recognized.

Although the power of baikal X 10 is on, the blue lamp blinks on the main unit, it is recognized by Baikal Scanner, and it is Miner DOWN when accessing IP.

Does anyone know the solution?

Do you know what the blinking of the blue lamp means?

I would be pleased if you could help me.
I am an expert at the blue blinking light...Try a different pool on the second machine. Don't ask my why or how but that solved my issue, night 1.

Thank you for answering.

However, even if I turned on the power switch connected to the baikal X 10, the blue light flashed, the green light turned off, and it turned into the Miner down state.

It became a problem before setting it to a different pool.

So you are saying that when you booted it for the first time it didn't start mining when you logged in with the default settings? If that's the case I would config your ip settings as it may not be getting to outside your network. If it did start mining the first time with the default settings, it's something with your pool settings. What happens if you click soft reset?
December 16, 2017, 09:59:48 AM
For what it's worth my problem child of a machine stayed online all night at this pool https://dgbq.suprnova.cc. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
December 16, 2017, 09:48:10 AM
Although I bought two units, there is no problem if there is only one unit, but if two units are powered up at the same time one unit will not be recognized.

Although the power of baikal X 10 is on, the blue lamp blinks on the main unit, it is recognized by Baikal Scanner, and it is Miner DOWN when accessing IP.

I am an expert at the blue blinking light...Try a different pool on the second machine. Don't ask my why or how but that solved my issue, night 1.

Thank you for answering.

However, even if I turned on the power switch connected to the baikal X 10, the blue light flashed, the green light turned off, and it turned into the Miner down state.

It became a problem before setting it to a different pool.

Activity: 14
December 16, 2017, 05:35:49 AM
Yes, i trust
Activity: 544
Merit: 250
December 16, 2017, 04:33:56 AM
anyone have an issue where the web page for the miner is displayed weird and you can't log in? Another one of my machines has that problem but is mining fine.

Might be due to corrupted sd card, try re-flashing it and should fix it.
Activity: 262
December 16, 2017, 03:32:52 AM

which pool do you advice to us?
December 15, 2017, 11:57:22 PM
lol im getting good at putty
December 15, 2017, 11:39:39 PM
anyone have an issue where the web page for the miner is displayed weird and you can't log in? Another one of my machines has that problem but is mining fine.
December 15, 2017, 11:30:08 PM

Activity: 25
December 15, 2017, 11:26:14 PM

Activity: 107
Merit: 11
December 15, 2017, 11:23:39 PM
I found something very interesting while poking around the x10 file structures.

I found these 2 lines:

Code:
poolAdd({url:'stratum+tcp://nist5.mine.zpool.ca:3833',pass:'x11=1,quark=1,qubit=1,groestl=1,nist5=1',priority:'6',algo:'nist5',extranonce:true});
poolAdd({url:'stratum+tcp://groestl.mine.zpool.ca:5333',pass:'x11=1,quark=1,qubit=1,groestl=1,nist5=1',priority:'5',algo:'groestl',extranonce:true});

So I am guessing either the 2 new algos are nist5 and groestl, or they originally had nist5 and groestl and decided to change the algos to skein and myr-groestl.

I also found this line:
Code:
sudo mv sgminer_300MHz_fix_NoHW  /opt/scripta/bin/sgminer 

So I am assuming they have their own custom sgminer with a fixed clock rate so there goes the overclocking dream.

Guess someone at Baikal didn't remove all their traces. Now I wonder how would we get nist5 and groestl back on there. LOL.

Interesting! Nice work. Smiley
December 15, 2017, 11:22:30 PM
Thanks for the d=88 tip. I have also switched to stratum+tcp://dgbq.suprnova.cc:8531 and I am much happier with the results. I think the profit switching may actually hurt things or atleast make me lose my mind watching workers way too closely.
Activity: 4
December 15, 2017, 09:59:10 PM
try d=88

My hero.  I had assumed that since the pools said they auto-adjusted the difficulty, I wouldn't need to set it manually, but this setting worked.  Thanks!
Activity: 373
Merit: 254
December 15, 2017, 08:33:09 PM
Hi.

So, I got my Baikal X10 today, and I've been mining ALQO with the quark algorithm for a few hours.

My issue is that the hashrate at the pool is half of what the machine should be getting and half of what shows in the machine's interface.  According to the interface, all 3 boards are hashing great around 3.38GH each, which gives a total > 10GH.  However, the pools show < 5GH.  The rejected shares are low, only the one pool is active, and the indicator lights on the machine itself also appear to show that all 3 boards are working fine.

I don't think it's the pool, because I've tried two different ones, and they both have the same issue.

Has anyone else had that issue with quark mining, or do you have any suggestions for what might be going on?
try d=88
Activity: 4
December 15, 2017, 07:35:52 PM
Hi.

So, I got my Baikal X10 today, and I've been mining ALQO with the quark algorithm for a few hours.

My issue is that the hashrate at the pool is half of what the machine should be getting and half of what shows in the machine's interface.  According to the interface, all 3 boards are hashing great around 3.38GH each, which gives a total > 10GH.  However, the pools show < 5GH.  The rejected shares are low, only the one pool is active, and the indicator lights on the machine itself also appear to show that all 3 boards are working fine.

I don't think it's the pool, because I've tried two different ones, and they both have the same issue.

Has anyone else had that issue with quark mining, or do you have any suggestions for what might be going on?
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
December 15, 2017, 06:57:15 PM
@GunsN and @jb7032
i am also facing same issue, how to resolve it? lets discover it and help each other
Not sure if there is anything to do with this one unit. It keeps going offline and doesn't seem to be producing shares at the same rate as other units even though it shows that it is working normally. I do notice the temp of the Pi is way higher then the other units. Wonder if its a bad Pi. Not sure how that all works.

i am also facing same problem Sad
December 15, 2017, 06:35:20 PM
@GunsN and @jb7032
i am also facing same issue, how to resolve it? lets discover it and help each other
Not sure if there is anything to do with this one unit. It keeps going offline and doesn't seem to be producing shares at the same rate as other units even though it shows that it is working normally. I do notice the temp of the Pi is way higher then the other units. Wonder if its a bad Pi. Not sure how that all works.
Activity: 360
Merit: 251
December 15, 2017, 02:24:20 PM
Here t is much not expensive then that. It's $1100 but what about shipping fees and taxes and crap? What will it cost once it is at your feet?
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
December 15, 2017, 02:06:35 PM
@GunsN and @jb7032
December 15, 2017, 02:02:19 PM
There is clearly a problem with my one miner. Now instead of shutting down it shows as mining but only registers 100MH pool side. It's accepted shares stops climbing compared to the other two machines mining the same location. AWESOME....
Jump to: