Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKAL GROUPBUY 6 - Giant Plus -2000MHS- CLOSED - page 4. (Read 9241 times)

Activity: 304
Merit: 250
D3 sounds great deal $1599

availability is the issue

D3 being difficult to get won't make Baikal miners profitable. It's still a waste of money above maybe $1k max.
Well  I will not be mining DASH or DGB or Nicehash. I'll be mining my secret coin and I have 2KWH max of electricity free and included in my Rent. So I have no issue for ROI. And I know I can mine with these miners for at least 2 years with different algos and coins. I am a Horder.

So how much of your secret coin could you buy for $3000, or whatever price you paid for the Giant+? Yes, you can mine small coins and hope they blow up, but why do that if you can just buy the coins?

My secret Coin is your Logo.  HAU BOUT DA.
Activity: 560
Merit: 253

Well  I will not be mining DASH or DGB or Nicehash. I'll be mining my secret coin and I have 2KWH max of electricity free and included in my Rent. So I have no issue for ROI. And I know I can mine with these miners for at least 2 years with different algos and coins. I am a Horder.

So how much of your secret coin could you buy for $3000, or whatever price you paid for the Giant+? Yes, you can mine small coins and hope they blow up, but why do that if you can just buy the coins?

Well if noxX secret coin is onion (like in your signature) then they can't buy it at all, at least on exchanges Wink but that is always the question.  I bought a Baikal cube 150 m/h in order to mine dash for like 65 dash @ like $8. It very quickly went up to $100 after that I was sooo pissed, never to see a ROI on it (however i have definitely mined > $500 of dash with it since if you just look at it in fiat). When i first bought it, I was also exploring the other coins I could mine however, and i mined and discovered Stratis in the last part of it's POW stage.  That ultimately led to things working out quite nicely.

What new coins will come out on one of the Algos that you might not notice otherwise? I kind of see small operation mining as a different way of diversifying and a point of discovery.  That being said, if you don't have the space to deal with the noise, it's hardly worth it monetarily.  Baikal does have some value because of algo switching, that is the nice thing about GPU mining isn't it? I don't GPU mine, but i was thinking of setting up a small rig, and between a multi-algo ASIC and a GPU, should be able to discover some nice projects.

Ultimately i don't know how much life POW has left really. POS and other security models are proving themselves and evolving all over the place. POW is outdated, and i imagine will only continue to exist in niche. Ultimately huge waste of resources if security can be found other ways.

POS has not proven itself, a blockchain without hash power isn't a blockchain. POW is far from outdated. When we start seeing POS start being useful then maybe but seems to me a gimmick at best.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Well if noxX secret coin is onion (like in your signature) then they can't buy it at all, at least on exchanges Wink but that is always the question.  I bought a Baikal cube 150 m/h in order to mine dash for like 65 dash @ like $8. It very quickly went up to $100 after that I was sooo pissed, never to see a ROI on it (however i have definitely mined > $500 of dash with it since if you just look at it in fiat). When i first bought it, I was also exploring the other coins I could mine however, and i mined and discovered Stratis in the last part of it's POW stage.  That ultimately led to things working out quite nicely.

What new coins will come out on one of the Algos that you might not notice otherwise? I kind of see small operation mining as a different way of diversifying and a point of discovery.  That being said, if you don't have the space to deal with the noise, it's hardly worth it monetarily.  Baikal does have some value because of algo switching, that is the nice thing about GPU mining isn't it? I don't GPU mine, but i was thinking of setting up a small rig, and between a multi-algo ASIC and a GPU, should be able to discover some nice projects.

Ultimately i don't know how much life POW has left really. POS and other security models are proving themselves and evolving all over the place. POW is outdated, and i imagine will only continue to exist in niche. Ultimately huge waste of resources if security can be found other ways.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
So what's the lowest price people have gotten baikal down to?
Activity: 462
Merit: 252

D3 being difficult to get won't make Baikal miners profitable. It's still a waste of money above maybe $1k max.

There's not much outside of X11 to mine. Most of the coins on those other algos are dead.

I have complete faith on Bittawn and going ahead with my purchase of 7 of these miners. Thanks Bittawn to arrange this Groupbuy.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

Activity: 73
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
They will not move on price. Lowest they offered was $2850. Still way too much. ROC is 100 days at todays rates. Guess it would be 225+ days if it ever happened. They are actually just making the few people who want their products upset with them.
Depends the client ...

Still worthless these machines
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
$3000 Grin Grin Grin
still are expensive when bitmain has the D3 miner for $1599
Baikal wake up and adjust the price ....
Have they adjusted the price further down?
$3000 Grin Grin Grin
still are expensive when bitmain has the D3 miner for $1599
Baikal wake up and adjust the price ....
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
I am buying some Cheesy

call me crazy, not paying 4k though, they are selling cheaper
Any updates on this groupbuy or its dead as expected.
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
I got also an email from BAIKAL, but i asked only for a quotation for 1 and 3 pieces

1 for $4000
3 for $3700

So if you order more perhaps you will get a greater rebate.

At least they are constant with their pricing. I inquired with the same requirements a few weeks ago and got same response. But they did say bigger discount is available for 10+.

The creator of this thread said Baikal quoted him $3200 min price for a group buy. But that was a while ago, maybe it's lower now...
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
www.valuebetting.org
I got also an email from BAIKAL, but i asked only for a quotation for 1 and 3 pieces

1 for $4000
3 for $3700

So if you order more perhaps you will get a greater rebate.

At least they are constant with their pricing. I inquired with the same requirements a few weeks ago and got same response. But they did say bigger discount is available for 10+.
Activity: 91
Even $2000 is wayy too much.

Hash rate right now for these is sub $700 / month

3 months to ROI ... except 2 problems

mid august (2ish weeks) - all Ibelinks are in customers hands & go online

start of October - batch 1 from Bitman goes online (ship mid-late september)

You'll be lucky to hash $300/month with these Baikals in 1.5 months.
Pages:
Jump to: