Pages:
Author

Topic: BALLET Physical Cryptocurrency Wallets - page 7. (Read 4472 times)

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
🔐Icarus CEO💳
nice nice!
will the 2 wallets from each set be loaded/funded also like at the last auction?
Activity: 186
Merit: 79
Hi all,

Here's an update on timing of everything:

We're finishing up the manufacturing and packaging of the first 21 sets, and then once confirmed, minerjones will post and announce the auction on this forum. We are aiming to do that tomorrow (Tuesday, May 19) afternoon, USA Pacific Time.

In the mean time, I will announce this new product on my Twitter feed tonight, and simultaneously launch our Kickstarter campaign, to allow the public to start placing pre-orders on Kickstarter. That campaign will close on Thursday night, May 21, and then we will start shipping Kickstarter orders on coming Monday.

And on Friday May 22, the Bitcoin Pizza Day, we will officially launch the product and list it on our company web store, and those orders will be fulfilled after the Kickstarter orders ship out.

thanks,
Bobby

For the auction, the lots will each be a set of 2 wallets, with the following serial number configuration:
SET 1 = AA030001 + AA030101
SET 2 = AA030002 + AA030102
SET 21 = AA030021 + AA030121

Each lot will have a starting bid of 0.01 BTC

Minerjones will launch the auction for us on the afternoon of Tuesday, May 19 (USA Pacific Time).

The Kickstarter campaign has just gone live a few hours ago. Here's the link again:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balletcrypto/bitcoin-pizza-day-special-edition-wallet-real-pizza/

thanks,
Bobby
maybe @balletcrypto or @bobbyclee can answer? I cannot find on the website where to ask.

I ordered the red envelope gifting set - these come as a set of 2 and on the site it shows them with two different packages - the set I received both are packaged the same. Are they supposed to come as one of each? or is it random?

the ones on the right are what I received, the left is what the website shows.

I was your first backer on the kickstarter for the pizza day wallets Smiley

Hi Stryfe,

Very sorry about that. It was a mistake on our logistics end, where we didn't correctly ship you the 2 different styles.

Since you've already backed our Kickstarter campaign, we will send you a replacement slipcase cover along with your kickstarter shipment early next week. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and congratulations (and thank you!) for being the first to back our Kickstarter campaign.

Cheers,
Bobby
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490

Here is the link for those that are interested in getting a slice of these tasty wallets:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balletcrypto/bitcoin-pizza-day-special-edition-wallet-real-pizza

Cheesy

ah shit i forgot to post the link - good looking out!
legendary
maybe @balletcrypto or @bobbyclee can answer? I cannot find on the website where to ask.

I ordered the red envelope gifting set - these come as a set of 2 and on the site it shows them with two different packages - the set I received both are packaged the same. Are they supposed to come as one of each? or is it random?

the ones on the right are what I received, the left is what the website shows.

Hi all,

We're finishing up the manufacturing and packaging of the first 21 sets, and then once confirmed, minerjones will post and announce the auction on this forum. We are aiming to do that tomorrow (Tuesday, May 19) afternoon, USA Pacific Time.

In the mean time, I will announce this new product on my Twitter feed tonight, and simultaneously launch our Kickstarter campaign, to allow the public to start placing pre-orders on Kickstarter. That campaign will close on Thursday night, May 21, and then we will start shipping Kickstarter orders on coming Monday.

And on Friday May 22, the Bitcoin Pizza Day, we will officially launch the product and list it on our company web store, and those orders will be fulfilled after the Kickstarter orders ship out.

thanks,
Bobby

I was your first backer on the kickstarter for the pizza day wallets Smiley
Hi all,

thanks,
Bobby

legendary
Cant wait to be anle to buy one either via auction or on the site!
Now these I like. Bobby would it be possible to have a short explanation lasered into the Memo section on the back? About why there is bitcoin pizza day and whatnot.

Hi teeGUMES,

Unfortunately, this won't be possible, because we intentionally made the physical wallet to be "stealth" and not reference anything to do with Bitcoin or cryptocurrency.

For that reason, we cannot talk about Bitcoin Pizza Day on the back side memo field.

As for the slip case packaging, it does indeed reference Bitcoin Pizza Day, and this year is the special 10th anniversary of that event.

thanks,
Bobby
Great release Bobby, can’t wait to buy some of these and thank you for disclosing the serial numbers coming for auction on forum vs. being sold at other avenues.

Btw - you mentioned if ordered after 21st they will be mostly prob be on back order and will have delayed shipment. On that note I wanted to ask if this will be a limited release by the number of wallets sold or will there be specific date after which none will be sold(just like halving wallet)?

Hi Agrawas,

These will NOT be limited release.  Our plan is to continue to sell these throughout the year, and so on, as this model serves as a stealth wallet.

These wallets will all be Segwit native "bech32" style addresses, so these auction lots will be the absolute lowest serial numbers for this type.

thanks,
Bobby

copper member
Activity: 527
Merit: 31
this will be a great collectible to start from, hopefully the auction wont be to high.  Wink
legendary
Bobby would it be possible to have a short explanation lasered into the Memo section on the back? About why there is bitcoin pizza day and whatnot.

I second this ^^^
legendary
Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203
Now these I like. Bobby would it be possible to have a short explanation lasered into the Memo section on the back? About why there is bitcoin pizza day and whatnot.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 501
https://rollbit.com/referral/Agrawas
Great release Bobby, can’t wait to buy some of these and thank you for disclosing the serial numbers coming for auction on forum vs. being sold at other avenues.

Btw - you mentioned if ordered after 21st they will be mostly prob be on back order and will have delayed shipment. On that note I wanted to ask if this will be a limited release by the number of wallets sold or will there be specific date after which none will be sold(just like halving wallet)?
legendary
cant wait to see these online! will be getting one either via auction or direct - have to add it to my collection!  one question - I read thru some of the pizza thread and I never saw the actual wallet or transaction he made the deal with.

So, I first tried the btc address on his profile. Nope, its only ever had 1000 btc run thru it. Then I found a btc address in one of his early posts - scrolled down to May 22nd and found it!

LoL I know it was prolly found many times and prolly even in that thread and I missed it but I am still glad I found it so I could see that for myself Smiley

edit: doh - the damn wallet address on the pics he posted in his thread lol

txn hash a1075db55d416d3ca199f55b6084e2115b9345e16c5cf302fc80e9d5fbf5d48d
donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
I see you have balletpizza.com on the card. I suggest instead of redirecting that site to balletcrypto.com, have a fake pizza site.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
🔐Icarus CEO💳

1) Pre-announce the product here on BitcoinTalk forum, and show you all what the REAL Pizza is all about. (This post here is the pre-announcement.)

2) We plan to auction off the first 21 sets of lowest serial numbers (AA030xxx) on this Collectibles forum. Each auction lot will be for a set of 2 wallets. We have asked minerjones to help run the auction, so please stay tuned for his auction post. All auction details will be there.

thanks,
Bobby

sounds good!
i need this pizza - ooops wallet  Wink
will definitely participate in the auction again Cool
copper member
Activity: 588
Merit: 351
Thanks for sharing this release with us ahead of time along with every possible launch idea, very cool for this community! You all have covered every aspect of this wallet as it relates to Pizza Day so bravo!

Also, really awesome to see Ballet releasing special edition wallets for both major events this month. It’s always cool to have items to commemorate these events rather than just being giving promo codes to “celebrate” the event *cough* Ledger/Trezor *cough*

Keep up the great work Bobby and Ballet!
Hi all,

I'm excited to use this forum to pre-announce our newest product: The REAL Pizza wallet.

This wallet serves both to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Bitcoin Pizza Day, and also to function as the much-anticipated "Stealth wallet" to allow people to discreetly carry a physical cryptocurrency wallet, without drawing any unnecessary attention.

On May 22, 2010, an early Bitcoin user from Florida named Laszlo Hanyecz agreed to pay a fellow BitcoinTalk forum member 10,000 BTC in exchange for two Papa John’s pizzas. Bitcoin historians have identified this as the first real-world economic transaction using Bitcoin. At the time, 10,000 BTC was only worth approximately $25, but today it would be worth tens of millions of dollars. It was definitely the most expensive pizza, perhaps the most expensive meal, in history.

Here is the original link to the thread here on BitconTalk:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pizza-for-bitcoins-137

May 22 has come to be celebrated in the cryptocurrency community as “Bitcoin Pizza Day.” To commemorate the 10th anniversary of Laszlo’s 10,000 BTC pizza purchase, we have created a special edition of our popular REAL Series wallet, called REAL Pizza. The inspiration for this special edition comes from our desire to live in a world where enjoying Bitcoin is as common as eating pizza, and all Ballet wallets are designed to help make that world a reality.

The REAL Pizza wallet has a pizza logo and a native Segwit bech32 address, but is otherwise functionally the same as the standard REAL Series wallets. Please note that we have purposely removed all references to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency from this physical wallet, so that it cannot be identified as a cold storage device or related to cryptocurrency in any way. In essence, the REAL Pizza serves as a “stealth” wallet, where casual observers will not be able to easily recognize it as related to Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. It will not draw unwanted attention from curious eyes. Just like Laszlo’s original purchase of two pizzas, the REAL Pizza is always sold in sets of two wallets.

Features
  • Non-proprietary, Two-factor private keys (BIP38)
  • Open-source, two-factor key generation (2FKG) process
  • Tamper-evident holographic sticker and scratch-off strip
  • Bearer asset, suitable for gifting and private, off-chain transactions
  • Non-electronic, no risk of electronic hacking and hardware failure
  • Bitcoin primary account, native Segwit bech32 address (“bc1” prefix)
  • Multicurrency support, over 50 top coins and all ERC20 tokens
  • Stealth function: physical wallet has no references to Bitcoin or cryptocurrency

As we have received good constructive feedback from all of you for our past product introductions, here is how we plan to launch the REAL Pizza wallets, and the sequence of events:

1) Pre-announce the product here on BitcoinTalk forum, and show you all what the REAL Pizza is all about. (This post here is the pre-announcement.)

2) We plan to auction off the first 21 sets of lowest serial numbers (AA030xxx) on this Collectibles forum. Each auction lot will be for a set of 2 wallets. We have asked minerjones to help run the auction, so please stay tuned for his auction post. All auction details will be there.

3) Public pre-sales will be done via a short KickStarter campaign, which we hope to launch very soon. This KickStarter campaign will allow the general public to place pre-orders, and then we will ship out these orders on Bitcoin Pizza Day, May 22. I'll post the KickStarter campaign link here in this thread as soon as that's up.

4) Full product introduction and announcement by Ballet on Bitcoin Pizza Day, May 22. That's when the product will get listed on our company web store, with shipping to follow. Please note: due to very limited quantity in the initial batch, there's a chance that orders placed after May 22 could be back-ordered, with delayed shipment.

Now tell us how you like the REAL Pizza!  Smiley

thanks,
Bobby

legendary
mine arrived today - looks great and came pre-loaded with .01 btc as they claimed. (no signature on mine) There is only one flaw, it has a scratch on the back side - not very large but very visible, there are other lighter ones but they are not as visible - you cannot see them in the pictures either - I would probably have to open it and remove it to take a picture where you could see the other ones, that is how light they are.

Activity: 787
Merit: 130
anonymousminer - I think you work for Ballet?

It looks like from buckroger's pictures that only some of them are signed by Bobby Lee?

Is it just luck of the draw?

Thanks!

Edit: On closer inspection...
Pages:
Jump to: