Pages:
Author

Topic: BALLET Physical Cryptocurrency Wallets - page 9. (Read 4472 times)

Activity: 186
Merit: 79
April 07, 2020, 02:42:54 AM
Just wanted to share my experience with ballet wallets.  A buddy and I had both never redeemed a physical bitcoin before and wanted to make sure we knew how in case that needed ever arises ( hope not ).  Coinomi is one solution but neither of us had access to it at the time due to it not being available for iPhones.  We decided to peel and redeem a pre-fork Satori as our test subject.  Ballet made it absolutely simple.  We were able to easily redeem the bitcoin and it split off the available forks with ease as well.  Definitely recommended for redeeming physicals.

Hi ChiBitCTy,

I'm so glad to hear about your positive feedback!

This is something we spent extra time and resource, to try and make the industry's best software tool, for paper wallets and physical bitcoins. I instructed my team that in order for us to have a successful wallet product, we need a GREAT mobile app, that's easy and safe to use. And then for a great mobile app, we need to cater to our core audience, which are the Bitcoin old-timers who use paper wallets and physical bitcoins.

I dare say we have the best support for physical bitcoins, everything from Casascius, to Denarium, to Satori, and of course, BTCC Mint. And we support everything in between! We even support the alt-coin paper wallets and physical coins, just as long as it's in our supported list:
https://www.balletcrypto.com/en/coins/

When the day comes where you need to sweep & redeem your paper wallet or physical bitcoin / altcoins, I hope you all give Ballet a try. It's a breeze, as it allows you to easily import the private keys, either in text or QR code format, and we also support BIP38 passphrase protected private keys. (and yes, pre-fork Bitcoins is very well supported.)

Give it a try and let us know if you have any feedback!

thanks,
Bobby

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
April 01, 2020, 11:19:07 AM
Just wanted to share my experience with ballet wallets.  A buddy and I had both never redeemed a physical bitcoin before and wanted to make sure we knew how in case that needed ever arises ( hope not ).  Coinomi is one solution but neither of us had access to it at the time due to it not being available for iPhones.  We decided to peel and redeem a pre-fork Satori as our test subject.  Ballet made it absolutely simple.  We were able to easily redeem the bitcoin and it split off the available forks with ease as well.  Definitely recommended for redeeming physicals.
April 01, 2020, 12:40:36 AM
The Bitcoin Block product is about to launch soon, and we will release the official details here (price, ordering process, etc).

We are working our hardest to get this out ASAP, so that we can mine some blocks before the block halving...
(the post-halving Bitcoin Block, if there's demand for that, will be released in June timeframe.)

Thank you for your patience!

thanks,
Bobby
March 31, 2020, 10:56:02 PM
Hi all,

I'm posting this to share with everyone that this new thread is indeed from our official company account, "BalletCrypto".

thanks,
Bobby

copper member
Activity: 36
Merit: 37
March 31, 2020, 06:40:06 PM
Greetings, friends and fellow physical bitcoin enthusiasts. This is the official account of Ballet (https://www.balletcrypto.com). We make physical, non-electronic cryptocurrency wallets. Ballet wallets take inspiration from the physical bitcoins pioneered by Casascius, Denarium, and BTCC Mint. Until now, products in this category have been primarily thought of as elegant collectibles. Ballet physical wallets maintain that tradition, but they have also been designed with a focus on providing the most simple and secure private key storage solution for non-technical users. By lowering the technical barrier to entry, we believe that Ballet wallets will contribute greatly to global mainstream adoption of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

This thread is for announcements, discussion, and feedback about Ballet products. You can reach us on Twitter @BalletCrypto.

Ballet Bitcoin Block

Our newest product is the Ballet Bitcoin Block, which we are introducing to the public for the first time here on BitcoinTalk. Building on the legacy of the incredibly popular BTCC Mint Bitcoin Block, Ballet Bitcoin Blocks contain the entire coinbase reward of a newly-mined Bitcoin block. This is done in collaboration with a major mining pool. There’s only a short time until the block reward halving, so act quickly if you want to own one of the few remaining 12.5 BTC coinbase rewards.

The physical blocks are constructed of pure titanium. The dimensions are 8cm X 8cm x 1cm thick.

Ballet REAL Series

The Ballet REAL Series is a physical, non-electronic, multicurrency wallet. It’s a bearer asset - whoever has physical possession of the wallet has full control of all funds contained on it. This enables off-chain transactions below the base layer, which saves on fees and protects your privacy. For example, you could physically exchange a funded REAL Series wallet for a luxury watch, rather than broadcast a transaction to the blockchain. The tamper-evident sticker and scratch-off strip would give the merchant in this example confidence that the customer has never accessed the encrypted private key or the passphrase required to decrypt it.

The REAL Series is ideal for gifting cryptocurrency to first-time users. It is simple to understand, no setup is required, and there is very little opportunity for user error to cause a loss of funds. The standard version is constructed of stainless steel for exceptional durability; as long as you remember the physical location where it is stored and protect it from theft, fire, and corrosive chemicals, your funds will be safe. We also offer a 24k gold-plated version, and Litecoin and Ethereum versions too.

Ballet PRO Series

The Ballet PRO Series is designed to meet the requirements of security experts and high-value investors, but it’s also simple enough for anyone who has experience using a cryptocurrency software or hardware wallet. Users jointly participate with Ballet in the two-factor private key generation process through the open-source BIP38 standard. This method enables us to produce a customized wallet that can only be decrypted by a passphrase that you create, without your passphrase ever leaving the computer you used to generate the BIP38 intermediate code.

Each PRO Series package contains three identical wallets, so you can store physical backups in multiple locations. It’s not a bearer asset, so it’s not suitable for off-chain transactions or gifting like the REAL Series. However, it’s ideal for storing larger amounts of value and inheritance planning.

Customized Wallets

We manufacture customized wallets with the logo of any coin, token, or company for which there is sufficient demand. The minimum order quantity is 500 units for 15,000 USD. If one backer pledges at least 20% of the total cost, we will start a public Kickstarter campaign to fund the remaining amount.

For example, we recently completed a successful Kickstarter campaign for Ravencoin: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balletcrypto/real-ravencoin-physical-cryptocurrency-wallet-from-ballet/

Reseller Program

We have a growing network of Ballet resellers around the world. If you’re interested in becoming a Ballet reseller, please see more information here: https://www.balletcrypto.com/en/reseller/
Pages:
Jump to: