Author

Topic: !<~~~~~[BAT] BatCoin - The Reincarnation [Stay tuned] ~~~~~>! - page 125. (Read 233949 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
What could possibly be a reason to mine this coin?

The same has been asked of every coin, including BTC.  The coin is really irrelevant, they are all practically the same thing.  The difference is the people involved, they get people to believe in it. When people believe that it has value, it in fact has value.
Activity: 159
What could possibly be a reason to mine this coin?
^ lol

0% fees locked in for users bugatticash and Tansen
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
i think we need more pools to throw the hash on different places

Just Launched:  https://bat.poolers.org

Stratum, SSL, DDoS protection, 0% fees.

The first 20 to start mining will lock in 0% forever.

Enjoy!

Note: The source was just pulled from github and compiled about an hour ago so there is no worry of being on the wrong blockchain.

*Fires Bat Line*

*Ziplines over*
i think we need more pools to throw the hash on different places

Just Launched:  https://bat.poolers.org

Stratum, SSL, DDoS protection, 0% fees.

The first 20 to start mining will lock in 0% forever.

Enjoy!

Note: The source was just pulled from github and compiled about an hour ago so there is no worry of being on the wrong blockchain.

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Diff must be going up, haven't been getting any blocks for the past couple hours!!

I stopped solo mining earlier today. But, some of my rigs still have the solo mining address as a failover, and I guess one lost contact with the pool long enough to get lucky and hit a block. Because I came back to a mined pop-up several hours after I switched all of them over to pools....
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Diff must be going up, haven't been getting any blocks for the past couple hours!!
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
SellALL, BuyBTC
For sale 95,450 BAT 0.02 BTC or LTC equivalent. I can send first in batches. PM me.
Activity: 238
bocyaj; that is very useful thanks for the input on the multiple rig solo mining man.

I used to always just put a different wallet on each rig which was a pain in the ass.  Never got around to trying to figure out a better way since I use pools most of the time.  I am sure to note down your instructions for the future though.  Cool
legendary
"NOTE:I am pretty sure all rigs should be connecting to your wallet with same username/pw.... any comments from others ?"

Yes they do
Activity: 70
Oh wow n0n's number one guy is actually here lol
Activity: 1313
Merit: 302
tabjohn,

here are the steps to mine solo with multiple computers.
FYI, never done for multiple rigs, but this should work.

I will assume you have 3 rigs and a regular PC.  Guessing the regular PC has the BATcoin wallet installed.
If this is not the case, I am sure you can adjust accordingly.

First, get the IP of each of your computers, ie. do an "ipconfig" from a cmd prompt.

on your regular PC, go to your batcoin folder under your User directory. C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\BatCoin

create a file using notepad called batcoin.conf  in this directory  ( make sure you have show file extensions in Windows )
add the following to this file

rpcuser=batcoin
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=< RIG1 IP>
rpcallowip=< RIG2 IP>
rpcallowip=< RIG3 IP>
daemon=1
server=1
addnode=84.109.103.114
addnode=88.198.40.3
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcport=11869
port=10473

save this file and restart your batcoin-qt wallet.

Not sure how you connect to pools on your rigs, whether you do it all with a bat file, or with the cgminer.conf

someone gave you the help how to update bat file above, so here is what you add to your cgminer.conf file.
NOTE: if you dont have a cgminer.conf file, click on your cgminer window while its running, hit s for settings, then w to write config file.  this will save the conf file in the same directory as cgminer.

open this config file and add something like the following for your url/pool list(which is actually your wallet)

{
      "url" : ":11869",
      "user" : "batcoin",
      "pass" : "x"
   },

NOTE:I am pretty sure all rigs should be connecting to your wallet with same username/pw.... any comments from others ?

the username & pw, can be anything, they just need to match what is in your batcoin.conf file.

now restart cgminer and change to this pool.  I put the coin as the username so you can verify what you are mining on the cgminer screen.
(you will see what i mean)

you will not see accepted shares all the time like when connected to a pool.  you will only see them when you find a block, sometimes not even for some reason.

at your hashrate, you should not have to wait to long for a block.  if you are unlucky, it might be an hour.  if you don't have one by then, post here for help.

I am also pretty new to this and there may be a better way, but this setup works for me.

Hope this helps.

Any questions, let us know, ill check back later.

Good luck.
legendary
If you have more than one rig, you need to add the file of the computer is on in the conf file.

and remember to exit and reopen the qt file.
Activity: 39

Hey, I'm the one with 6Mh/s on n0nplusultra. Can you help me with soloming? I got 3 rigs with 3x280x onboard each. I have never solomine, that is why I im mining on pool.

1. Copy the contents of Batcoin.conf from the first post. Place the file in AppData/Roaming/Batcoin (the same directory where your wallet.dat is).

2. (optional) Set user and password to something you like.

3. Start the client.

4. Start your miner, point to the machine with the client running, port 11689, user and password that match Batcoin.conf

I mine on a single PC, I'm not sure if this is as simple with more than one rig. My command is "cudaminer.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:11689 -O xx:x". Once the miner starts, you should see your hashrate. The client does not report anything until a block is found.
Activity: 56
As for now I do not think a fork has happened
For extreme measures I would like to take minersbest and n0poolus as nodes
Please pm me your ip or just post them if you are ok with it
Also guys
Go solo if you got high hash
As the hash of the net is low we can't afford 51% situation

actually you should be able to just add the domain because the domain is automatically changed to a IP by your DNS...
but i also sent you the IP via PN anyway....
legendary
Holy Pantloads Batman, another 240000 BAT block today!!! That's 2 of these!!!
Thats the basic Guano block, They come at a probability of: 6 out of 960 blocks. That means ~6 per day.
Taking lets say a week, you will have an average of 6 per day

Makes me happy, I have never hit any of those before!!
Activity: 140
Thats the basic Guano block, They come at a probability of: 6 out of 960 blocks. That means ~6 per day.
Taking lets say a week, you will have an average of 6 per day
Activity: 149
TABJOHN
I am no expert on the matter, but here is what I see currently.

Network hash rate =               15.77
minersbest hash rate =            7.6
n0nplusultra rate =                 10.65

not only do these numbers not add up( I understand its estimated based on submitted work), n0nplusultra is over 50%.

I was solo mining most of the day, but the pools are grabbing up just about all the blocks.

I joined minersbest as I assume it is better to have the hash split 60/40 compared to 60/25/15 ....... not sure if this is true, but im getting more coins this way....

Eitherway, if this scenario is dangerous and could possibly cause another fork, lets do something about it before that happens.

I see one hasher on n0nplusultra with over 6Gh/s.  I think you will get more batcoin if you were solomining, if you happen to read this I can help you set it up if needed.

I like this coin, but I imagine the recent forks/downtime are pushing hashers to other alt-coins.

just my two cents...

Hey, I'm the one with 6Mh/s on n0nplusultra. Can you help me with soloming? I got 3 rigs with 3x280x onboard each. I have never solomine, that is why I im mining on pool.
legendary
Activity: 30
The 7MH/s guy from n0nplusultra should consider soloing....better for him and the network  Roll Eyes
Jump to: