Pages:
Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 24. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
problem is do I stand a chance of getting a block with a combined hash of just 110.000?

or server farms are taking all the coins?
copper member
Activity: 51
I see someone is mining alternative chain, bad idea because today i'll release checkpoints.
Or may be it happend because seed nodes was offline some time.

These last couple posts are not relevant, and I have reported them as spam.  They are some type of bot that is regurgitating certain words from old posts on this thread with the sole purpse of building post history. 

Zoidberg: If you recall, you made a similar post back in 2014 regarding an alternative chain and checkpoints.  This is nothing relevant to today, and not worthy of your time or response.  Smiley
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
I see someone is mining alternative chain, bad idea because today i'll release checkpoints.
Or may be it happend because seed nodes was offline some time.

From what i can see from monitoring and from logs on seed nodes - ther is no any sign of alternative chain. What made you think so ?
And, i'm very curious, what you mean by the phrase "today I'll release checkpoints"?  Smiley

Zoidberg
copper member

what to do?
wallet Boolberry: Connections: 0

"Loading blockchain data" means that it's unserializing whole blockchain into RAM, issue that we working on right now (lmdb implementation).
If you have at least 8GB of RAM it should work fine, just need to wait for 3-10 minutes, and then it will start to connect.

Let me know if you have issues with this.
the whole point is that the wallet connects for several hours, and it takes up space in memory for 5gb, but it does not connect, because other programs are running on the computer, I found it out by experimentation, closing other programs, and then the wallet was downloaded to 6gb and it was launched only then.

and one more problem - the purse loads the entire blockchain into memory at the first start, and not on the disk (in the blockchain.bin file). and to record the file blockchain.bin the wallet starts only when you close it, and if the computer's memory is partially occupied by other programs, it takes a very long time and the user can think that the purse has hung and will close it forcibly ... and will ruin the file blockchain.bin

and another question: can you change the third tab in the wallet, how irrelevant?

We are fully aware of this RAM consumption issue.  Thankfully this will be resolved very soon, which will not only enhance the user experience, but also will open doors to bigger and better exchanges.

You can follow the progress on the LMDB implementation at the following links:

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/tree/lmdb

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/tree/lmdb_core

Testing on main net should will start within the next week.

As far as the wallet goes, we are finalizing some new features, modernizing the interface and will be releasing new binaries in the next couple of days.

Thank you for your patience.

Johnny

I wanted to make an edit to my statement above with a little stronger language:

Testing on main net WILL start within the next week. Smiley

Thank you again for your interest and patience.

Johnny
copper member

what to do?

"Loading blockchain data" means that it's unserializing whole blockchain into RAM, issue that we working on right now (lmdb implementation).
If you have at least 8GB of RAM it should work fine, just need to wait for 3-10 minutes, and then it will start to connect.

the whole point is that the wallet connects for several hours, and it takes up space in memory for 5gb, but it does not connect, because other programs are running on the computer, I found it out by experimentation, closing other programs, and then the wallet was downloaded to 6gb and it was launched only then.

and one more problem - the purse loads the entire blockchain into memory at the first start, and not on the disk (in the blockchain.bin file). and to record the file blockchain.bin the wallet starts only when you close it, and if the computer's memory is partially occupied by other programs, it takes a very long time and the user can think that the purse has hung and will close it forcibly ... and will ruin the file blockchain.bin

and another question: can you change the third tab in the wallet, how irrelevant?

We are fully aware of this RAM consumption issue.  Thankfully this will be resolved very soon, which will not only enhance the user experience, but also will open doors to bigger and better exchanges.

You can follow the progress on the LMDB implementation at the following links:

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/tree/lmdb

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/tree/lmdb_core

Testing on main net should will start within the next week.

As far as the wallet goes, we are finalizing some new features, modernizing the interface and will be releasing new binaries in the next couple of days.

Thank you for your patience.

Johnny
Activity: 46
Merit: 1

what to do?

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Watch out btc-alpha is a scam on withdraws. Segwit problem.
Hey HoneyBear any links to claims?
Activity: 84

No problem for me there. Describe a problem.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Activity: 193
Yeah I just done one with no issues
Activity: 202
Merit: 104
How long does it take for alias to get registered after the payment. Mine doesn't come up in the list of alias nor in the send box?
You can let me know your alias in PM and I can check on it. I have been doing work on the alias registration and might have bumped the service and caused it not to register.
How long does it take for alias to get registered after the payment. Mine doesn't come up in the list of alias nor in the send box?

Normally it comes as soon as the first block was mined after payment to pool confirmed 6 times, but during this week we were fixing issues with this registration feature. I'll ask Clintar to look into it. You can send me alias name in pm and we'll figure out why it's still not there.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Zoidberg

what to do?

Zoidberg
copper member

what to do?

You have the correct / most recent version of the GUI, v0.3.0.44(083358b), which has the correct seed nodes. 

It should propagate within a couple of minutes at most.  If it is still not connecting, check your firewall settings. 

In your firewall settings enable apps to communicate through the windows firewall.  Look for qt-boolbd or qt-boolbd.exe and enable either public or private networks depending or your settings.

The following ports are used:

RPC Port:  10102
P2P Port:  10101
Activity: 46
Merit: 1

what to do?
copper member
I think boolberry needs to fix its wallet and get onto more exchanges before any promotion. BTC-Alpha is shady as hell.
Shady or just incompetent. I quit trading there after a lost deposit and multiple support calls with no answer.

Guys, we don't want to actively promote coin on exchanges right now, until LMDB is not ready.
When we finish it and test db - then we'll put all our efforts to get listed on proper exchanges.
Sorry for this issue, if someone what to buy off-exchange contact me or hashappliance, we can help with this.

Zoidberg

Great when i see you come back with BBR coin! This is a best coin for me in last times, How to i can buy off-exchange with you!

Hi mmo4me.2016!
As i mention before you can write PM to me or to hashappliance, we can assist with this.

Zoidberg

Just to clarify, we have had multiple requests from people looking to buy OTC and we are working to help match up buyers and sellers in a relatively illiquid market. 

We are especially motivated to help those who are looking to establish a stake and are willing and or intending to be contributors to the project. 

If the level of interest persists, we can start a new thread, and in the meantime, feel free to send a PM and we will do what we can to accommodate any such requests.

Also, we are finalizing some bounties and expect that they will be ready for posting as soon as tomorrow!

Thank you!

Johnny
I think boolberry needs to fix its wallet and get onto more exchanges before any promotion. BTC-Alpha is shady as hell.
Shady or just incompetent. I quit trading there after a lost deposit and multiple support calls with no answer.

Guys, we don't want to actively promote coin on exchanges right now, until LMDB is not ready.
When we finish it and test db - then we'll put all our efforts to get listed on proper exchanges.
Sorry for this issue, if someone what to buy off-exchange contact me or hashappliance, we can help with this.

Zoidberg

Great when i see you come back with BBR coin! This is a best coin for me in last times, How to i can buy off-exchange with you!

Hi mmo4me.2016!
As i mention before you can write PM to me or to hashappliance, we can assist with this.

Zoidberg

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

Zoidberg

Activity: 5

Zoidberg

Hello.
When to wait for this implementation?)
copper member
Activity: 294
Boolberry in really current say is not particularly ready for leading improvements like this until is actually existing memory  issues are actually resolved.
Pages:
Jump to: