Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 354. (Read 1210752 times)

pt7
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I mean these faster miners are usually up for sale to the highest bidder. That's how we are in this situation now.
didn't he do a lot of work tuning up the monero miner for free? i'd pay a bit of my bbr for access to a miner that lets me mine using pools Smiley

1/8th is pretty bad. Can you try at bbr.farm or my pool cncoin.farm and see if it's better?
well, it's 1/8 of my gtx 560 ti which only gets about 320khash. 40khash seems pretty good considering i can still use the computer while it runs!

it may be because i'm using windows and all these miners are optimized for linux... haven't gotten much over 55khash with the cpu on any pool.

Seems a bit low for CPU.  Is this with multiple threads?  I am getting about 300 khash on my CPU using 6 out 8 threads - this allows PC to still be very usable.  It is a not so recent Dell XPS 8300 i7-2600 Windows 7 x64.    This is with the stratum CPU miner cpuminer-multi.  Using the following parameters:  minerd.exe -a wildkeccak -o stratum+tcp://bbr.farm:7777 -u MY_ADDRESS -p X -P -D -t 6 -k http://bbr.farm/download/scratchpad.bin

With the mbk GPU miner, I get about 410 khash on a 750Ti.  However, the computer is not very usable - can only run this miner when I am away from keyboard.  The GPU miner only gives me about 30 to 40% improvement depending if I compare running CPU on all threads (which is still good).  Note: GPU mining is still solo - was not able to pool mine - think it is a divide by zero nVidia issue
I reported the divide by zero issue, too. He made a fix, but now the miner doesn't work anymore.
I just tried the one with the fix.  The mbk simpleminer is now getting past the part where it crashed after getting the scratchpad.  However getting no hashes and "job difficulty is 0. skipping the job" messages.  Boolbd still works ok for solo mining.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
I mean these faster miners are usually up for sale to the highest bidder. That's how we are in this situation now.
didn't he do a lot of work tuning up the monero miner for free? i'd pay a bit of my bbr for access to a miner that lets me mine using pools Smiley

1/8th is pretty bad. Can you try at bbr.farm or my pool cncoin.farm and see if it's better?
well, it's 1/8 of my gtx 560 ti which only gets about 320khash. 40khash seems pretty good considering i can still use the computer while it runs!

it may be because i'm using windows and all these miners are optimized for linux... haven't gotten much over 55khash with the cpu on any pool.

Seems a bit low for CPU.  Is this with multiple threads?  I am getting about 300 khash on my CPU using 6 out 8 threads - this allows PC to still be very usable.  It is a not so recent Dell XPS 8300 i7-2600 Windows 7 x64.    This is with the stratum CPU miner cpuminer-multi.  Using the following parameters:  minerd.exe -a wildkeccak -o stratum+tcp://bbr.farm:7777 -u MY_ADDRESS -p X -P -D -t 6 -k http://bbr.farm/download/scratchpad.bin

With the mbk GPU miner, I get about 410 khash on a 750Ti.  However, the computer is not very usable - can only run this miner when I am away from keyboard.  The GPU miner only gives me about 30 to 40% improvement depending if I compare running CPU on all threads (which is still good).  Note: GPU mining is still solo - was not able to pool mine - think it is a divide by zero nVidia issue
I reported the divide by zero issue, too. He made a fix, but now the miner doesn't work anymore.
pt7

Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
Got it to 790kh/s+ on a single 750Ti - at stock clocks.

Proof (nsfw): https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/bbrcudaminer2.png

Can you please tell me what language is used for programming?
Activity: 117

dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
That's not how these things work anymore...
what do you mean? it won't be released compiled, or at all?

i've been solo mining with my nvidia card (without much success  Grin) just fine but haven't been able to mine on pools with it. cpu mining is getting about 1/8 the hashrate though ... i just don't like hoping for a block is all.
I mean these faster miners are usually up for sale to the highest bidder. That's how we are in this situation now. 1/8th is pretty bad. Can you try at bbr.farm or my pool cncoin.farm and see if it's better?

And if linux, make sure you've enabled superpages if you're using any of the recent optimized miners.  The combination of otila + wolf's recent optimizations (with superpages) should get you a bit closer to the GPU.  That said, GPU is still ~3x or more faster than a fast consumer i7.

superpages:  sysctl -w vm.nr_hugepages=128

or something in that range.

i've been solo mining with my nvidia card (without much success  Grin) just fine but haven't been able to mine on pools with it. cpu mining is getting about 1/8 the hashrate though ... i just don't like hoping for a block is all.
I mean these faster miners are usually up for sale to the highest bidder. That's how we are in this situation now. 1/8th is pretty bad. Can you try at bbr.farm or my pool cncoin.farm and see if it's better?
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
BOOLBERRY NEWS

Happenings over the last week.

Wallet update !!!! - Please update GUI to v0.2.0.31(5d85ebf) !!!!!

1) Boolberry released a new presentation yesterday explaining how Boolberry cuts off ring signatures to reduce block chain size.

2) Updated difficulty from 64 bit number to 128 bit number. This resolves a potential issue where the difficulty becomes too large.

3) Resolved periodic crash issue in GUI wallet..

4) Several updates to CPUminer-Multi have been merged into source and binaries released.

5) GPU miner has been updated for stability,

6) Made many pool updates for stability.

Will this updated difficulty cause any problems with the old gpu or cpu solo miners?
Activity: 117

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
BOOLBERRY NEWS

Happenings over the last week.

Wallet update !!!! - Please update GUI to v0.2.0.31(5d85ebf) !!!!!

1) Boolberry released a new presentation yesterday explaining how Boolberry cuts off ring signatures to reduce block chain size.

2) Updated difficulty from 64 bit number to 128 bit number. This resolves a potential issue where the difficulty becomes too large.

3) Resolved periodic crash issue in GUI wallet..

4) Several updates to CPUminer-Multi have been merged into source and binaries released.

5) GPU miner has been updated for stability,

6) Made many pool updates for stability.
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
Hi Guys:

This is the Spanish translation of the last presentation.

thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/boolberrynueva-tecnologia-cryptonote-privacidad-seguridad-garantizada-699105

> Descarga PDF

Donation address BBR: @enerbyte

pt7
Make sure to up-vote BBR at BTER.  If you have BTR tokens - I can't think of a better use.
Activity: 209
Regarding mining centralization and problems that it brings, BBR should keep current trend and keep smaller miners as the hashrate increases. A step toward that is, after the pool functionality and implementation converge sufficiently, to give simple tutorial on setting GNU/L. pool and mining on a local network. Ppl will figure out what to do with it and will form associations, ideally a large number of guilds of different sizes and sociological types, to reduce variance. BTC pool mining forming model was not the perfect one, so approaches to just postpone centralization should not be discarded.

Regarding the price in such a constellation, if guilds would have orthogonal interests (offc that all have to pay electricity, but all have different situation in e.g. electricity price, not to mention politics), i suppose that if guild sizes and types (their particular interests, communication channels with language barieres, etc.) is large and ortogonal "enough" - it makes price only more fair (and stable) as it would "average-out" some of FUDs & hypes (negative & "positive" propaganda). Even in non-ideal case, to a certan level it would probably mitigate or filter out some "higher frequencies" in socio-driven cycles.
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
Finished a CUDA miner - 710kh/s on 750Ti, stock clocks. Saw 716 poolside.  Cheesy

https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/bbrcudaminer.png

WTF a pussy fox ?  Grin Grin Grin

Edit : your nickname suits you perfectly ...

yeah he is a sick furry, but an irreplaceable member of the cryptonote community, he knows that guess we'll have to deal with it lol

Eh - I suggest we reserve moral discussions for something other than the Boolberry thread.  Wolf's code is germane to the thread, but his preferences are his business and have nothing to do with crypto.  (His habit of not including an nsfw tag and going for shock value -- ahem -- is, however, worthy of warning for future readers of this thread...)
Finished a CUDA miner - 710kh/s on 750Ti, stock clocks. Saw 716 poolside.  Cheesy

can we expect a compiled release?

can we expect a compiled release?
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
Finished a CUDA miner - 710kh/s on 750Ti, stock clocks. Saw 716 poolside.  Cheesy

WTF a pussy fox ?  Grin Grin Grin

Edit : your nickname suits you perfectly ...
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
Good News Everybody!

We are proud to announce the next presentation in our series
explaining Boolberry's unique and very important features.

In this presentation, you'll see why Boolberry can easily prune ring-signatures
avoiding block chain to bloat while Ordinary CryptoNote coins cannot.

> Download .pdf

Getting more and more convinced that Boolberry is a sleeping giant.
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
Good News Everybody!

We are proud to announce the next presentation in our series
explaining Boolberry's unique and very important features.

In this presentation, you'll see why Boolberry can easily prune ring-signatures
avoiding block chain to bloat while Ordinary CryptoNote coins cannot.

> Download .pdf

Working in a Spanish translation again  Grin
Great presentation ...awesome work yet again....thank you crypto_zoidberg Wink
Jump to: