Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 392. (Read 1210752 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
Coins Source's Review/score for Boolberry:

http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/boolberry/

Edit:
We've overlooked the cross-QT platform, which has been integrated into the review.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!
so much for cryptonote egalitarian mining...

As I've stated enough times, I think this is overblown, but I hate that this is a hammer being used against a coin when people can't find an actual argument based upon technical or economic merits.  So:

if there's not a stratum implementation available within 1 week to allow cbuchner1 to demonstrate his follow-through with open sourcing a miner, I will create one (clarifying:  a GPU miner, not a stratum. grin.  i'm not that masochistic.), integrated with simpleminer.  It won't be pretty, it will be a horrible hack to get it to compile (I'm cmake-clueless), but in a form that someone with c_z's expertise will be able to integrate more cleanly.

I'll start on the core of this now and post some regular updates.

(But please please please - someone do the stratum integration instead.  There's a lovely bounty waiting for you if you do.  The resulting product will be a much better tool for everyone to use, and I'd rather spend my time doing things that I actually believe are beneficial for BBR, not just combatting an overblown claim being used by detractors.)

This is really great!

I bet 100BBR on that we (me and archit ) finish stratum faster than you finish your GPU.
Do you accept ? ( maybe it is not really fair betting since i don't know scope of work on gpu miner, but finally, in any case we both wins Smiley )

This coin is getting exciting!

BBR looks like one of the shining gems in the scene right now!!!  Wink
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
I am having this strange issue where my wallet doesn't sync up, just says updated and still shows my old balance. So I tried running the daemon independently, that gets stuck at the connecting to P2P3/P2P8. Trying to refresh balance also doesn't work. I have tried this in the older 22 and newer 24 version.

Still having problem?

If so, what OS? Are you using command line only? When is the last time you synced up normally?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
I am having this strange issue where my wallet doesn't sync up, just says updated and still shows my old balance. So I tried running the daemon independently, that gets stuck at the connecting to P2P3/P2P8. Trying to refresh balance also doesn't work. I have tried this in the older 22 and newer 24 version.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
It looks like the price of BBR and Monero are officially relative to each other, coming from my perspective as a trader.
BBR is better than XMR , BBR will be more valuable than XMR

+1, but we need more exchange .

Not for now. We need to build things first. Exchanges come later (or should, not that we can stop them if they so choose).
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
It looks like the price of BBR and Monero are officially relative to each other, coming from my perspective as a trader.

+1, but we need more exchange .
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

Guys, the official boolberry forum http://boolberry.com/forum/  is overrun by spammers.

Christian

I was cleaning that up yesterday. Deleted over 3000 accounts and many of the posts. The rest will be gone today.
Activity: 120
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

Guys, the official boolberry forum http://boolberry.com/forum/  is overrun by spammers.

Christian
Activity: 120
Is there a big problem with this coin? people are dumpling it like shit.
Everything is being dumped.

Yeah, I think that's because BTC was going down, probably because people are anxious about the BTC auction on friday...
Usually altcoins go down disproportionally much then, but they also recover disproportionally fast then :-)
Thanks for your explaination
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511

As I've stated enough times, I think this is overblown, but I hate that this is a hammer being used against a coin when people can't find an actual argument based upon technical or economic merits.  So:

if there's not a stratum implementation available within 1 week to allow cbuchner1 to demonstrate his follow-through with open sourcing a miner, I will create one (clarifying:  a GPU miner, not a stratum. grin.  i'm not that masochistic.), integrated with simpleminer.  It won't be pretty, it will be a horrible hack to get it to compile (I'm cmake-clueless), but in a form that someone with c_z's expertise will be able to integrate more cleanly.

(But please please please - someone do the stratum integration instead.  There's a lovely bounty waiting for you if you do.  The resulting product will be a much better tool for everyone to use, and I'd rather spend my time doing things that I actually believe are beneficial for BBR, not just combatting an overblown claim being used by detractors.)

This is really great!

I bet 100BBR on that we (me and archit ) finish stratum faster than you finish your GPU.
Do you accept ? ( maybe it is not really fair betting since i don't know scope of work on gpu miner, but finally, in any case we both wins Smiley )

Oh no - that would be betting against my own interests. Smiley  (And I saw how fast you got the wallet out - i'm not going up against that.)

My real preference would be to have the stratum version.  I think it's the right tool because everyone knows how to grab and use a stratum-based miner these days, even if the code inside has become a twisted, horrible pile of spaghetti.

But I want to provide a backstop to assure the people that care about this that, one way or another, we'll either have stratum or a built-in-to-simpleminer GPU miner on a very reasonable timescale.

You'll get my 100 BBR anyway, or at least half of it, because I already put 100 BBR into the stratum bounty.  *grin*
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Activity: 238
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Is there a big problem with this coin? people are dumpling it like shit.
Everything is being dumped.

Yeah, I think that's because BTC was going down, probably because people are anxious about the BTC auction on friday...
Usually altcoins go down disproportionally much then, but they also recover disproportionally fast then :-)
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

As I've stated enough times, I think this is overblown, but I hate that this is a hammer being used against a coin when people can't find an actual argument based upon technical or economic merits.  So:

if there's not a stratum implementation available within 1 week to allow cbuchner1 to demonstrate his follow-through with open sourcing a miner, I will create one (clarifying:  a GPU miner, not a stratum. grin.  i'm not that masochistic.), integrated with simpleminer.  It won't be pretty, it will be a horrible hack to get it to compile (I'm cmake-clueless), but in a form that someone with c_z's expertise will be able to integrate more cleanly.

(But please please please - someone do the stratum integration instead.  There's a lovely bounty waiting for you if you do.  The resulting product will be a much better tool for everyone to use, and I'd rather spend my time doing things that I actually believe are beneficial for BBR, not just combatting an overblown claim being used by detractors.)

This is really great!

This coin is getting exciting!
Activity: 976
Merit: 646

As I've stated enough times, I think this is overblown, but I hate that this is a hammer being used against a coin when people can't find an actual argument based upon technical or economic merits.  So:

if there's not a stratum implementation available within 1 week to allow cbuchner1 to demonstrate his follow-through with open sourcing a miner, I will create one (clarifying:  a GPU miner, not a stratum. grin.  i'm not that masochistic.), integrated with simpleminer.  It won't be pretty, it will be a horrible hack to get it to compile (I'm cmake-clueless), but in a form that someone with c_z's expertise will be able to integrate more cleanly.

(But please please please - someone do the stratum integration instead.  There's a lovely bounty waiting for you if you do.  The resulting product will be a much better tool for everyone to use, and I'd rather spend my time doing things that I actually believe are beneficial for BBR, not just combatting an overblown claim being used by detractors.)

This is really great!

dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511

Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
A public GPU miner needs to become a thing or this coin will end up looking awfully similar to BCN - innovative but not worth investing in because of the incredible disparity in coins owned.

why don't you guys just fund someone to actually do it? I am not talking bounty, I mean hiring.

about that "disparity in coins owned". When we sell our mined coins, anyone can grab them.

The disparity comes from the fact that some people are rich, others aren't. And hence they can invest more. This mirrors real life more than anything else.

Christian

I am just trying to advice you to make you richer ;Wink  Keep some BBR (I am sure you already do). Release the miner - maybe with some announcement, countdown or something similar. Promote the event (miner releasing), promote the coin. And then watch the price rise. Pumps and dumps but going up like monero or other interesting coins. You still can use your miner, mined coins will have higher value and your reserves will have higher value... Otherwise people will loose interest - in fact they are already loosing. And it is a pity.

I guess cbuchner1 do need lessons of how to get richer Smiley
Jump to: