Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 393. (Read 1210752 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
A public GPU miner needs to become a thing or this coin will end up looking awfully similar to BCN - innovative but not worth investing in because of the incredible disparity in coins owned.

why don't you guys just fund someone to actually do it? I am not talking bounty, I mean hiring.

about that "disparity in coins owned". When we sell our mined coins, anyone can grab them.

The disparity comes from the fact that some people are rich, others aren't. And hence they can invest more. This mirrors real life more than anything else.

Christian

I am just trying to advice you to make you richer ;Wink  Keep some BBR (I am sure you already do). Release the miner - maybe with some announcement, countdown or something similar. Promote the event (miner releasing), promote the coin. And then watch the price rise. Pumps and dumps but going up like monero or other interesting coins. You still can use your miner, mined coins will have higher value and your reserves will have higher value... Otherwise people will loose interest - in fact they are already loosing. And it is a pity.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
A public GPU miner needs to become a thing or this coin will end up looking awfully similar to BCN - innovative but not worth investing in because of the incredible disparity in coins owned.

why don't you guys just fund someone to actually do it? I am not talking bounty, I mean hiring.

about that "disparity in coins owned". When we sell our mined coins, anyone can grab them.

The disparity comes from the fact that some people are rich, others aren't. And hence they can invest more. This mirrors real life more than anything else.

Christian
Activity: 117
Merit: 100
Quote from: mkasiak
My only concern is centralizatin of this coin. It seems, only few people are accumulating it. This + PR problem with private miner + holding the price low artificially can result into breaking backbone of this coin. Some other coin will copy BBR, will make better distribution and PR and chance is lost... I hope whales of this coin will do something about it soon. 

This is my concern too. With the slew of recent coins that died by one holder dumping a massive sum, my trust in someone else's word has run very thin.

Activity: 92
Also possible that guys with secret gpu miners are dumping a significant portion of the coins generated each day...

I value your concern, but we're selling over the counter right now and even buying back coins on the exchanges.

what do you mean by that?

OTC trade is person-to-person and will not affect the coin's valuation on the exchanges.

Well, if you're selling large quantities below market value, then presumably the buyer could turn around and dump as well. I wasn't trying to demonize you guys or anything, I'm not a big holder and I don't think it's unethical or anything what you're doing, just trying to explain the price drop to someone that was asking. And actually, upon further reflection and watching the market a bit more, it just looks like cryptonotes and coins in general are down across the board the last few days. Monero (which now has a closed source amd miner and open source nvidia miner) is down by a similar percentage to BBR in the last few days, after they peaked at about the same time.

I do not think they are selling under current market price. If he says they rebuy some coins it means, their price is higher. BTW. this coin is extremely undervaluated. I can not buy more because I want to keep some diversity in my current portfolio, but it is difficult to resist. Boolberry is way better than Monero. In fact using Monero is pretty frustrating - sometimes my notebook is blocked for few minutes when I download and save its blockchain. With boolberry everything is smooth. My only concern is centralizatin of this coin. It seems, only few people are accumulating it. This + PR problem with private miner + holding the price low artificially can result into breaking backbone of this coin. Some other coin will copy BBR, will make better distribution and PR and chance is lost... I hope whales of this coin will do something about it soon. 
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Also possible that guys with secret gpu miners are dumping a significant portion of the coins generated each day...

I value your concern, but we're selling over the counter right now and even buying back coins on the exchanges.

OTC trade is person-to-person and will not affect the coin's valuation on the exchanges.

Well, if you're selling large quantities below market value, then presumably the buyer could turn around and dump as well. I wasn't trying to demonize you guys or anything, I'm not a big holder and I don't think it's unethical or anything what you're doing, just trying to explain the price drop to someone that was asking. And actually, upon further reflection and watching the market a bit more, it just looks like cryptonotes and coins in general are down across the board the last few days. Monero (which now has a closed source amd miner and open source nvidia miner) is down by a similar percentage to BBR in the last few days, after they peaked at about the same time.

Activity: 111
Now i think why i get this error on stationery machine and not on a server:
Code:
2014-Jun-25 19:32:35.685082 Connecting bbr.extremepool.org:5555....
2014-Jun-25 19:32:35.989126 Connected bbr.extremepool.org:5555 OK
2014-Jun-25 19:32:36.294685 Getting scratchpad...
2014-Jun-25 19:34:37.759408 Failed to invoke http request to  /json_rpc
2014-Jun-25 19:34:37.759506 Failed to get scratchpad.  Disconnecting and retryin

It seams that the connection is to slow and simpleminer can not get the full scratchpad in a given time.
How can i change the time to get the scratchpad in simpleminer, or it must be done on the pool?

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

Activity: 111
Just a note of caution for miners -

As the scratchpad size continues to increase, hashrates are dropping on 8MB cache machines (even with my hugepages changes).

It would be a good idea to pay attention carefully to your mining profitability and watch the rates you're seeing.  This will probably continue for a bit as the fraction of hits in L3 continues to go down over the coming weeks.

cubydu, this may have something to do with the effects you observed, though I've only seen a ~25% slowdown on my i7-4790 at this point.

I also see yesterday a decrease of about 25% Hashrate on daemon on my home computer.
Activity: 976
Merit: 646

We had some issues with GCC 4.9/ArchLinux building too, we fix them in this commit
https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commit/9853ba8e0636ba6f1043bb4f52caff19fe54c8ac

You can try merging that and seeing if it fixes it

Thank you, i've merged it.
Guys, who had have a problems with gcc 9.8 ?
Try to pull from muster and say if it fixed.
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
Is there a big problem with this coin? people are dumpling it like shit.
Everything is being dumped.
what's the problem?

No problem. Markets go up and down. Traders are always trying to make profit on coins with any movement.

It'd be fun if someone plotted the relative price of XMR vs BBR.  I bet it's held reasonably constant -- this price drop also (significantly) affected XMR.  I don't pay attention to BCN or the growing army of clones, but I bet that there's a lot of correlation between the entire cryptonote family.

With the energy behind both XMR and BBR, it's still very early in the game.  A lot more coins will be created (bad for price) and a lot more development seems like it's going to happen (good for price).  I'm confident predicting change and continued volatility, but beyond that, who knows? :-)

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
what's the problem?

No problem. Markets go up and down. Traders are always trying to make profit on coins with any movement.

Submitted to CMC. Took 5 minutes.
Expect listing within 2-4 days if there are no issues.

I submitted last week. Boolberry was added today.

Nice! Smiley

wow, just in time for the price crash from 0.003 to 0.001, huh? ;(
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
what's the problem?

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
bter have a voting list now : https://bter.com/voting
please ask bter add qora to voting list:   http://support.bter.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Activity: 120
what's the problem?
Activity: 117
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
News section on CryptoNote.org
We are happy to announce a news section on the cryptonote.org. The new section is dedicated to new developments, ideas and news from the CryptoNote realm. About two years ago the CryptoNote technology had only been represented by Bytecoin (BCN) but since then things have changed dramatically. Not only the number of Bytecoins has soared, the other coins such as Quazarcoin, Fantomcoin and Monero are taking the cryptocurrency world by storm. The CryptoNote community becomes very diverse and geographically disseminated therefore we believe it is our duty to spread the word and bring everyone at one place.  Just by clicking on the news tab you’ll have the latest account on what’s been going on with CryptoNote-based currencies along with fresh updates from the devs at hand. The idea is to turn this website into a vibrant pool of information accessible to anybody who wants to keep one's finger on the pulse of CryptoNote technology. If you are a CryptoNote enthusiast and you have some ideas worth sharing, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

I have to ask what many are probably thinking but have had apprehensions about asking for one reason or another.

An obvious unfair hidden scorn for Monero in all of your posts right from the very beginning?

You are kidding, right?

Because the BCN Devs implemented this techonology toiling for long months in obscurity...
Which Monero then just ripped off... "aped" the code as gmaxwell puts it, though it was "buggy"...
Plus the Monero group has orchestrated a massive smear campaign versus ByteCoin...
Which continues to this day via their aggressive shills and stooges.

Though TacoTime sure seems to like boolberrys, though.

gmaxwell 2014-05-19, 20:08:03

"As hard as it is to believe, people other than me do occasionally have really good ideas. Smiley  ... (No, I'd only heard about it a couple months ago and looked into it in depth until the last week).  I think all these altcoins are horribly ill-advised in their altcoinness. You're in the wrong subforum and thread if you want to talk about cryptocurrency speculation— my interest here is just in the techniques— and I'm not going to credit some random code aping fork for other people's work when talking about them.

(In case anyone had the impression that I thought bytecoin was all love and wonder: the implementation is currently really immature and somewhat buggy— and perhaps not likely to improve if its authors are now getting voted off the island in a fork. The POW is very slow to validate, and seems generally ill-advised to me (see https://download.wpsoftware.net/bitcoin/asic-faq.pdf), the adaptive blocksize stuff seems dangerous and the coin burning excuse for it can't work as expected in the long run since miners can get paid out of band, ... but the privacy design is very good, though even there its incompatible with pruning (but so is everything else). Of course, all these concerns also apply to forks that just aped the code.)."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.480
Activity: 120
Jump to: