Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 408. (Read 1210753 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I think so far no-one has successfully hard-forked a cryptonote coin (the Mountcoin devs tried and that essentially burned the coin). Also I've developed GPU miners for coins that have originally been introduced as "CPU only", "GPU and ASIC resistant". So you might not want to try an arms race. Wink

You're right.  Someone will just find another way.  

I just needed to rant.

I guess I'll donate to the bounty.  Not much else I can do.  

Feel free to give me access to your miner.  I have an NVIDIA rig.  Ha ha

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
It wasn't a fake sell, was one of my sell orders. explanation is much simpler:
sold some of holdings to take profits, after reading posts of cbuchner.

by dumping into a 43 BTC buy wall you actually didn't move exchange rate much. kudos for finding the perfect moment to cash in.
I know, I like the coin too.  But hearing that a closed source miner is getting 5000 -7000 coins a day is a little unsettling when you might have coins on an exchange.  You never know when you might get dumped on.

But here's the thing: most whales probably didn't mine the coins they own, they bought them when they were cheap. And when they decide to cash in, walls are going to fall.

Christian
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
There is no big buy wall support here..Price will down to 130K I think...

Are kidding me?

0.00160000   24201.54008983   38.72246414

How big do you want?  Cheesy

That wall could be eaten any time. Yesterday 43 BTC buy wall at 0.002+ was destroyed in a single sale and i guess the dumper is probably Christian. His team is mining roughly 50% of newly minted BBR each day with his private GPU mining script. If he is happy to dump at 0.002, there is a chance he will continue to dump at 0.0016. He will keep doing so as long as he still make profit.

I strongly believe it was fake sell. There was a discussion about testing the buywall in Poloniex trollbox and a guy named "Monero" announced he will do it. Next minute it was sold. Then he anounced another dump and it happened, but it was panic sell by small traders. Same wall as before appeared there in few hours at much lower level. It is still there slowly going up. Selling coins worth of 42 BTC at price 0.00225 costs less than 0.1 BTC on Poloniex. It is not big price for such a game.

It seems this guy owns at least 42 BTC and approximately 20000 BBR (which is 5% of existing coins). It is a big player and question is what are his intentions. I hope it is not to destroy this coin - he would loose lots of money too. Maybe he is just trying to accumulate more at low price, and push price higher, but this strategy (simple big buy wall) is not so effective anymore. He should learn from guys who pumped VRC and Crypt, they know, how to do it.

BBR is really good coin. I am fan of Monero, but this is really improvement. With market cap at 600-800 BTC it is 1/10 of monero. Imagine, where it can go if treated well. It needs wise investors understanding its potential. Lets hope BBR will get it.

It wasn't a fake sell, was one of my sell orders. explanation is much simpler:
sold some of holdings to take profits, after reading posts of cbuchner.
legendary
we're mining 5000-7000 coins a day

I have nothing bad to say about the dev of the miner because I would probably do the same.   But I wouldn't be surprised if people called for changes either.

I am actually surprised that not more people have optimized the miner and created GPU versions. It's a basic algorithm, much easier than CryptoNite. It's not actually hard to port to GPU.

I'm willing to provide a GPU version in ccMiner if we can get some stratum support in the pools.

But still that will exclude all the AMD folks, as ccMiner is CUDA only. Then all the AMD fanboys will cry "foul play!"

It doesn't look like anybody is going to abandon this coin. The developer is very active,  kind people like dga are contributing to simpleminer and a GUI wallet is in the works. The price has tripled already and investors seem to like the coin.

Christian

I know, I like the coin too.  But hearing that a closed source miner is getting 5000 -7000 coins a day is a little unsettling when you might have coins on an exchange.  You never know when you might get dumped on.  Please don't take my concerns as an indictment against you.  I just think things are very lopsided right now with regards to mining this coin.
I think so far no-one has successfully hard-forked a cryptonote coin (the Mountcoin devs tried and that essentially burned the coin). Also I've developed GPU miners for coins that have originally been introduced as "CPU only", "GPU and ASIC resistant". So you might not want to try an arms race. Wink

dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
This is bullshit.  Hardfork this and fix this before people start abandoning this coin.  I'm ready to dump all my coins and move on and I'm not alone.  A closed source miner kept private getting a majority of all the coins.  Come on.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7320842

I have nothing bad to say about the dev of the miner because I would probably do the same.   But I wouldn't be surprised if people called for changes either.

Two thoughts:

(a)  I think we should be careful about letting one person's claims of mining wreak havoc with the coin.   I can tell you with great certainty that neither Christian or anyone else GPU-mined *all* the coins yesterday.  At 1.3mh, 100 instances on EC2 yielded about 1300 BBR yesterday while the diff was under 140.

The diff is too high now, but I had 100 instances running for about 24 hours.  It cost me about $750.  I sold 650 BBR at .002 to cover the cost and am sitting on the rest.  If you'd like to buy them, they're listed for .004...  Wink

Code:
Sell	0.004	587.72112	2.35088448	2014-06-17 10:10:26	Cancel

I know from watching the diff very carefully that I'm not the only one who does this -- the diff and price are in lock-step too closely.  I realize it may not be popular to cloud mine, but I'm not going to be apologetic about not asking my family if they mind me putting a datacenter in the basement.

(b)  Christian has an offer open to release his miner if there's a stratum-compatible way for him to get ccminer working.

I'll contribute 100 BBR to the bounty for someone getting stratum working (pool + miner integrated).  I'm planning on working towards that, but I only have a certain amount of time I can spend on crypto each day, and I have some things I want to fix with simpleminer first.  If someone else jumps on it and gets stratum working first, that would be awesome -- I promise, you won't be stepping on my toes at all.  I'd much rather play with optimizing the miner than implementing json rpc.

The question seems to be if it's better to have GPU miner than a hardfork and the associated uncertainty (will someone make another GPU miner after the hardfork?  etc.)
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
You can reach Zone on Freenode IRC, he is basically always on.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I am actually surprised that not more people have optimized the miner and created GPU versions. It's a basic algorithm, much easier than CryptoNite. It's not actually hard to port to GPU.

I'm willing to provide a GPU version in ccMiner if we can get some stratum support in the pools.

But still that will exclude all the AMD folks, as ccMiner is CUDA only.

Christian

we would need to talk to LucasJones and/or Zone117x about adding stratum support.

But still that will exclude all the AMD folks, as ccMiner is CUDA only. Then all the AMD fanboys will cry "foul play!"

It doesn't look like anybody is going to abandon this coin. The developer is very active,  kind people like dga are contributing to simpleminer and a GUI wallet is in the works. The price has tripled already and investors seem to like the coin.

Christian
legendary
This is bullshit.  Hardfork this and fix this before people start abandoning this coin.  I'm ready to dump all my coins and move on and I'm not alone.  A closed source miner kept private getting a majority of all the coins.  Come on.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7320842

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

Are kidding me?

That wall could be eaten any time. Yesterday 43 BTC buy wall at 0.002+ was destroyed in a single sale and i guess the dumper is probably Christian. His team is mining roughly 50% of newly minted BBR each day with his private GPU mining script. If he is happy to dump at 0.002, there is a chance he will continue to dump at 0.0016. He will keep doing so as long as he still make profit.

I strongly believe it was fake sell. There was a discussion about testing the buywall in Poloniex trollbox and a guy named "Monero" announced he will do it. Next minute it was sold. Then he anounced another dump and it happened, but it was panic sell by small traders. Same wall as before appeared there in few hours at much lower level. It is still there slowly going up. Selling coins worth of 42 BTC at price 0.00225 costs less than 0.1 BTC on Poloniex. It is not big price for such a game.

It seems this guy owns at least 42 BTC and approximately 20000 BBR (which is 5% of existing coins). It is a big player and question is what are his intentions. I hope it is not to destroy this coin - he would loose lots of money too. Maybe he is just trying to accumulate more at low price, and push price higher, but this strategy (simple big buy wall) is not so effective anymore. He should learn from guys who pumped VRC and Crypt, they know, how to do it.

BBR is really good coin. I am fan of Monero, but this is really improvement. With market cap at 600-800 BTC it is 1/10 of monero. Imagine, where it can go if treated well. It needs wise investors understanding its potential. Lets hope BBR will get it.
Activity: 938

Please give a huge thanks to monerochain for making us a Blockchain Explorer!!

http://bbr.cryptostats.org/

There is LOTS of information on the charts tab.

Don't forget to show your appreciation with some Donations.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
One more simpleminer upgrade for testing.  This one should improve performance by a few percent:  it reduces the time between when a worker thread finds a share and when the share gets submitted to the pool.

Feedback and any comparison benchmarking appreciated:

https://github.com/dave-andersen/boolberry

(you just need simpleminer.cpp and simpleminer.h )

one important thing to note, though, is that this should increase *share* and block rate, but it won't necessarily increase the reported hashrate output:  It reduces wasted hashing, so hr should look similar.

If all goes well, I'll submit this plus the previous small improvement to pool robustness tomorrow a.m.

-Dave

I will start testing now.. thanks DGA
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
One more simpleminer upgrade for testing.  This one should improve performance by a few percent:  it reduces the time between when a worker thread finds a share and when the share gets submitted to the pool.

Feedback and any comparison benchmarking appreciated:

https://github.com/dave-andersen/boolberry

(you just need simpleminer.cpp and simpleminer.h )

one important thing to note, though, is that this should increase *share* and block rate, but it won't necessarily increase the reported hashrate output:  It reduces wasted hashing, so hr should look similar.

If all goes well, I'll submit this plus the previous small improvement to pool robustness tomorrow a.m.

-Dave
try

git clone git://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry.git
cd boolberry
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

i recommend you updating to 14.04

I am sorry, but your advise does not make sense. Boolberry uses cmake...

Now i remember I used LucasJones rep with the simpleminer, it compiles the wallet too

I use make on 14.04.

@carloss - Another person uses this on 12.04

sudo -S apt-get update
sudo -S apt-get -y install python-software-properties
sudo -S apt-get -y install git cmake
sudo -S apt-get -y install libgmp-dev libmpfr4 libmpfr-dev libmpc-dev libmpc2 libtool m4 bison flex autoconf
sudo -S add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
sudo -S apt-get update
sudo -S apt-get -y install gcc-4.8 g++-4.8 gcc-4.8-multilib g++-4.8-multilib gcc-4.8-doc
sudo -S update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/gcc gcc /usr/bin/gcc-4.8 20
sudo -S update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/g++ g++ /usr/bin/g++-4.8 20
sudo -S update-alternatives --config gcc
sudo -S update-alternatives --config g++
sudo -S apt-get update

They must use cmake at the end, since they installed it.

Great news!

The Chinese famous platform btc38.com want to add Boolberry to their crypto-currency library. Which means BBR is more close to btc38 now.

Any suggestions for the chinese name of BBR?
For xmr, they called "门罗币".
Since bool in chinese means "布尔" and berry in chinese means "莓".

Is "布尔莓" ok for Boolberry or any other good suggestions like "数莓" etc.

Where did you get his info?

l have heard 布尔币 is used which roughly translates to "boolcoin."

Let me ask someone else.

Are kidding me?

Not us. We're seldom holding more than 10000 BBR at a time. Also we're not interested in crashing the price (should be obvious).
Also note the majority of our BBR mining is actually CPU. The GPUs on EC2 aren't actually all that powerful.

The biggest sell order I've seen thus far was for 47000 BBR, but it wasn't executed while I watched. But it shows how many coins some people have amassed in their wallets. Probably whales with lots of BTC who bought in early and cheaply. I suspect one of these whales cashed out part of their holdings, destroying that buy wall yesterday. We were amazed like everyone else.

Christian

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

Are kidding me?

Jump to: