Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 461. (Read 1210753 times)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Can't sync/download the blockchain. Seed peers all fail and then failed handshakes.. Any ideas?
Seed nodes fixed.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
edit: now same error, time on 107.170.97.197 eight hours late

Just fixed it?

Maybe it is 125.5.105.113 who gave me the entry.  It could say what is the "remote node" and maybe only at log level 2, this looks like useless spam..

Code:
2014-May-24 13:34:44.352712 [P2P7]ERROR /c/boolberry/src/p2p/net_node.inl:447[nodetool::node_server::do_peer_timed_sync(const epee::net_utils::connection_context_base&, nodetool::peerid_type)::::COMMAND_TIMED_SYNC::response&, nodetool::node_server::p2p_connection_context&)> [with t_payload_net_handler = currency::t_currency_protocol_handler; typename nodetool::node_server::COMMAND_TIMED_SYNC::response = nodetool::COMMAND_TIMED_SYNC_T::response; nodetool::node_server::p2p_connection_context = nodetool::p2p_connection_context_t; typename t_payload_net_handler::connection_context = currency::currency_connection_context]][125.5.105.113:51556 INC]COMMAND_TIMED_SYNC: failed to handle_remote_peerlist(...), closing connection.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
No, people are fighting over the name.  They want it changed from boolberry to something else and that is what is holding up the exchange adding I think.  I think boolberry is fine, but everyone wants the coin to sound more edgy or something. 

Haha yeah I agree. I like Boolberry, but whatever...

I think Boolberry is the best name i have ever heard. Period.
Activity: 238
Is Boolberry on any exchanges yet?
Activity: 336
seed node broken?
Code:
2014-May-24 12:48:59.572834 [P2P0]FOUND FUTURE peerlist for entry 107.170.97.197:10101 last_seen: 1400920311, local_time(on remote node):1179937985
that's 2007 May 23

however, looks on in print_cn
Code:
[OUT]107.170.97.197:10101    9eff7b15197b5389    2590133(8)/1072458(9)    state_normal             35628               

edit: now same error, time on 107.170.97.197 eight hours late
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
how can i buy this coin
Activity: 182
Can't sync/download the blockchain. Seed peers all fail and then failed handshakes.. Any ideas?
+1 for me
impossible to get it synced
no problems with other cryptonote coins.
Activity: 182
Hey guys,

What kind of CPUs do you use to mine BBR? i5, i7 ...? It looks like that core i5 is unable to solve blocks. My friend has a core i7. He solved 2 blocks at 200k for 3 days. My core i5 PCs yield 340k each but solves no block for 4 days.
CPU is not matter. Hashrate is only one significant indicator.
Send me your address to PM.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Hey guys,

What kind of CPUs do you use to mine BBR? i5, i7 ...? It looks like that core i5 is unable to solve blocks. My friend has a core i7. He solved 2 blocks at 200k for 3 days. My core i5 PCs yield 340k each but solves no block for 4 days.
Activity: 1034
Still waiting for a pool to get in...
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Is this coin on an exchange?

No, people are fighting over the name.  They want it changed from boolberry to something else and that is what is holding up the exchange adding I think.  I think boolberry is fine, but everyone wants the coin to sound more edgy or something.  

I'm also quite happy with Boolberry, it's a bit weird (so memorable) and sounds and looks friendly and has lots of scope for playing around with in photoshop..... if you get my drift........ yeah, I'm gonna roll one now.....  Wink
I do think it is so early to put it on exchange website
Look at MRO and QCN,they both being hyped by some makers

Agreed, if we want Boolberry to be recognized we need to be happy with the name. Boolberry is a great name - novel, interesting and easy to remember. Cryto is doing a great job on the development of this coin and I believe this coin should be on a major exchange with a price similar to MRO as it is as novel.

Cryto, are you able to clean up the OP and link to the current exchange thread run by surfer43?
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Security question: How can I keep my Bumbleberries secure! Tongue Roll Eyes

I think the CryptoNote chains have some special needs in regards to key safety:

If I understand correctly the entire priv key is visible in plain text in the simplewallet.log file??
How can I make save they are not stolen? Are there any other special vulnerabilities to take care of?

In general I think the safety measures that also apply to Bitcoin apply here:

- Keep only a small amount of BBR in unprotected every day devices (phone, PC). Lets call those "hot wallets".
- Dont download every crap to your device and run it, especially if its unreviewed and deals with crypto currencies!
- Keep your savings wallets (cold wallets) offline in a paper backup and encrypted with high security where you can easily get to them (TrueCrypt container on GoogleDrive, your webmail account or similar)!
- Make those cold wallets on an offline device (50$ laptop), that boots from a Linux Live CD and never goes online afterwards!
- All you need to save is your *.bin.keys file!

Anything else?

Zappa di bibbedi boolberries!
Activity: 253
Let's Boolberry

No, people are fighting over the name.  They want it changed from boolberry to something else and that is what is holding up the exchange adding I think.  I think boolberry is fine, but everyone wants the coin to sound more edgy or something.  

I'm also quite happy with Boolberry, it's a bit weird (so memorable) and sounds and looks friendly and has lots of scope for playing around with in photoshop..... if you get my drift........ yeah, I'm gonna roll one now.....  Wink
I do think it is so early to put it on exchange website
Look at MRO and QCN,they both being hyped by some makers
Activity: 658

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Security question: How can I keep my Bumbleberries secure! Tongue Roll Eyes

I think the CryptoNote chains have some special needs in regards to key safety:

If I understand correctly the entire priv key is visible in plain text in the simplewallet.log file??
How can I make save they are not stolen? Are there any other special vulnerabilities to take care of?

In general I think the safety measures that also apply to Bitcoin apply here:

- Keep only a small amount of BBR in unprotected every day devices (phone, PC). Lets call those "hot wallets".
- Dont download every crap to your device and run it, especially if its unreviewed and deals with crypto currencies!
- Keep your savings wallets (cold wallets) offline in a paper backup and encrypted with high security where you can easily get to them (TrueCrypt container on GoogleDrive, your webmail account or similar)!
- Make those cold wallets on an offline device (50$ laptop), that boots from a Linux Live CD and never goes online afterwards!
- All you need to save is your *.bin.keys file!

Anything else?
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
Good news!

Added more graphs:
1. Estimated network hashrate
2. Scratchpad size
3. alias amount (not very important yeah)

check this out: url=http://boolberry.com/state.html]state[/url] page.

Updated with new build part of the network (about 60 machines). If everything will be ok, i'll ask you all to update tomorrow.

Working on solving problem whit starting connection, seems that something wrong with async connection function.

Looks good! I am wondering about the scratchpad graph though, did it suddenly jump from 0 to 1.6M because data had just started being collected when you were developing it?
Activity: 210
Good news!

Added more graphs:
2. Scratchpad size

Updated with new build part of the network (about 60 machines). If everything will be ok, i'll ask you all to update tomorrow.

Working on solving problem whit starting connection, seems that something wrong with async connection function.

State page is nice. Thanks
Good news!

Added more graphs:
2. Scratchpad size

How does this compare against MRO specifically?
MRO is the same as bytecoin(except emission curve), see comparsion in starter topic or on website.
Jump to: