Author

Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012 - page 203. (Read 1070171 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Hello,

I've never seen this happen before, but when I link to bytecoin.org lately, it shows the following:

"This Connection is Untrusted"

(etc)

bytecoin.org uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on 03/04/2015 03:59 PM. The current time is 03/21/2015 12:12 PM. (Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

OK bytecoin folk... get your certificate back up because I feel uncomfortable about directing traffic to your site (which I have been doing) for people to download and get info from being that your cert is expired.  This is very basic stuff for cryptocurrency related sites esp. for those where people pass through to get their downloads.

Thank you for the report.

We are fixing it right now.
Activity: 278
Merit: 252
ABISprotocol on Gist
Hello,

I've never seen this happen before, but when I link to bytecoin.org lately, it shows the following:

"This Connection is Untrusted"

(etc)

bytecoin.org uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on 03/04/2015 03:59 PM. The current time is 03/21/2015 12:12 PM. (Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

OK bytecoin folk... get your certificate back up because I feel uncomfortable about directing traffic to your site (which I have been doing) for people to download and get info from being that your cert is expired.  This is very basic stuff for cryptocurrency related sites esp. for those where people pass through to get their downloads.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
I want to copy a couple of the latest news from our community site.

03/03/2015 Bytecoin Charts are back

Bytecoiner's Charts section works well again. Many thanks to Mike and other Bytecoiner guys for technical support and advices.

Enjoy Bytecoin block reward, difficulty and estimated hash rate graphs: http://bytecoiner.org/charts.php

Oh! It's great to look through correlated characteristics of the coin and make all necessary conclusions at a glance! Useful tool Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
nitassin you should trying to install boost 1.4 and berkeley 4.8 db, it should work

I am using Ubuntu 15.4 Vivid Velvet with CMake 3.4, GCC 4.9 & Boost 1.57

Boost 1.4* Which Sub Version? What's the Problem? But we need Boost 1.53 Onwards.....

Try to build Bytecoin using dependencies that are specified in README file on GitHub: GCC 4.7.3, CMake 2.8.6, and Boost 1.53
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
nitassin you should trying to install boost 1.4 and berkeley 4.8 db, it should work
Bytecoin February Statistics
Max fee: 205 BCN (lol!)

apparently someone just had to get in closest block Smiley
Activity: 421
Merit: 250

Bytecoiner's Charts section works well again. Many thanks to Mike and other Bytecoiner guys for technical support and advices.

Enjoy Bytecoin block reward, difficulty and estimated hash rate graphs: http://bytecoiner.org/charts.php

Great charts. Maybe you could add some more? For example, amount of transactions in each block or something like that

Great idea, thanks! We think about it.
Bytecoin February Statistics

Hooray! Spring is here! And some cool numbers showing how Bytecoin network operated in February are here too. Enjoy!

Block height changed from 667103 to 687310 (20208 blocks)
Max block size: 25627 bytes
Min block size: 362 bytes
Max number of transactions in block: 31
Total amount of coins in transactions: 114766021 BCN
Average transaction amount: 5679.24 BCN
Total fee paid: 15664.30184 BCN
Max fee: 205 BCN (lol!)
Average fee: 0.775 BCN

Ok, it was a good winter. But it's time to wake up and bloom.
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com

Great charts. Maybe you could add some more? For example, amount of transactions in each block or something like that
Bytecoin at Facebook: two community pages now

Facebook recently changed their Pages Terms. That is the reason why nowadays there are two different pages about Bytecoin BCN there. But don't worry! New Bytecoin page is supported by BCN community as well as the oldest one. So we would post news, important information and funny pics on both pages.

You are welcomed to join, like and share at Bytecoin Community and Bytecoiner Community pages.

Hey guys I am fairly new to Bytecoin, I am trying out something though -- Digital Oceans Droplets however I have almost no clue how to install the linux based wallet/mining without a GUI, I suck at command lines lol...
I've tried googling it and all I've found for Digital Ocean Mining tutorials is for PrimeCoin and DogeCoin, which I can't really use cause they have different wallets, miners, and sites in general....
Can someone PM me on how to successfully do it? or how to just CPU/GPU mine efficiently? I see people on that MinerGate with like 20000+ H/s and here I am with 50 to 100 H/s lol

Thank you Smiley
-Melwinder

Hi! Pleased to welcome a new member of our community! Smiley

Pool mining is the most effective and MinerGate has a convenient GUI miner. Egalitarian mining is one of the major features of Bytecoin.

See https://cryptonote.org/inside/#equal-proof-of-work:
One of the proof-of-work algorithms that is in line with our propositions is CryptoNight, created by Bytecoin developers in a cooperation with our team. It is designed to make CPU and GPU mining roughly equally efficient and restrict ASIC mining.

No difference between CPU and GPU mining Smiley

However I think that someone will be able to give a better answer.
Activity: 252
Hey guys I am fairly new to Bytecoin, I am trying out something though -- Digital Oceans Droplets however I have almost no clue how to install the linux based wallet/mining without a GUI, I suck at command lines lol...
I've tried googling it and all I've found for Digital Ocean Mining tutorials is for PrimeCoin and DogeCoin, which I can't really use cause they have different wallets, miners, and sites in general....
Can someone PM me on how to successfully do it? or how to just CPU/GPU mine efficiently? I see people on that MinerGate with like 20000+ H/s and here I am with 50 to 100 H/s lol

Thank you Smiley
-Melwinder
Hi guys,
In the last hours bytecoin has diminished network hashrate.
Welcome to new Official Pool
bcn.8pool.dtdns.net
Main page at:
www.8pool.dtdns.net

Enjoy!

I do not know but the web page loading hours for me. And I do not know where you take information that your pool is Official  Shocked. Official of what? I am sure that not BCN.

does it eventually load up? I didn't have a patience for it.

answering my own question, it's working fine now. Wink
terra-credit.com
Answer several questions in our quiz and get free bytecoins!

Suddenly, easiest 10k BCN in my life  Smiley
Answer several questions in our quiz and get free bytecoins!

Hi guys,
bcn.8pool.dtdns.net
Main page at:
www.8pool.dtdns.net

Enjoy!

I do not know but the web page loading hours for me. And I do not know where you take information that your pool is Official  Shocked. Official of what? I am sure that not BCN.

does it eventually load up? I didn't have a patience for it.
terra-credit.com
Hi guys,
bcn.8pool.dtdns.net
Main page at:
www.8pool.dtdns.net

Enjoy!

Maybe he loves his pool very much and it is official for him?  Huh
Activity: 139
Hi guys,
bcn.8pool.dtdns.net
Main page at:
www.8pool.dtdns.net

Enjoy!

Activity: 827
Hi guys,
bcn.8pool.dtdns.net
Main page at:
www.8pool.dtdns.net

Enjoy!
Jump to: