Author

Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012 - page 346. (Read 1070171 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 254
Now setup and run wallet very hard to common users. You have a plan and upgrade to GUI? this will facilitate the use of
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I've forgotten my pass Huh Is there any way to recover it?
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
BCN has been added to Poloniex.
Activity: 322
Who in hell would invest in an economy where 80% of the stuff is owned by a small group of people (in before  it isn't small and we have to blindly believe it). It's plain fucking retarded in my book. Why in hell you had to ruin this coin by making the distribution of mined coins so quick? Just do it over 10+ years like BTC and most coins, god. What about the closed source miner? everything about this coin is dodgy.
Im glad MRO saved this technology. Mining is way faster and the launch was fair.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
what's the hash rate now?

btw, I've read people were discussing pools. IMO there is only minergate. What are another pools?

According to the web and what I know, there is only one official pool - minergate.  https://bytecoin.org/services.php

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/extremepool-pool-bcnxmrqcnxdndashfcnmcnaeonbbrdoshoecinf8-mining-615486

there is more than just minregate.. new pool I just put up.
Activity: 406
I dont see why anyone bother with a coin that had 2 years of stealth mine...
uhhh because its still very profitable to mine......

Exactly
uhhh because its still very profitable to mine......
Activity: 406
Activity: 150
Good news.

About 1 hour ago, Poloniex member just spoke in Trollbox of Poloniex Exchange, and informed everybody that Poloniex is going to add BCN. They have got everything ready.

Earliest time will be tomorrow.

Indeed, good news. Maybe new exchange is gonna be good. To be honest I prefer spreadsheet exchange unlike cryptonote exchange
Activity: 302

btw, I've read people were discussing pools. IMO there is only minergate. What are another pools?

Last block diff 14008296

Block time 120 s

14008296/120 = 116735.8 Hashes/s ~ 117 Kh/s
Activity: 150

According to the web and what I know, there is only one official pool - minergate.  https://bytecoin.org/services.php

Activity: 234

Activity: 170
Merit: 10
I am fond of new web site design but its a kinda unusual to get everything there.

I think I used to work with old one. Really miss it

As far as I can remember somewhere in this thread there was a link for the old website. Try to search for it.  Wink

https://bytecoin.org/old/index.html

I prefer new design as it's fresh and without music
Activity: 308
I am fond of new web site design but its a kinda unusual to get everything there.

As far as I can remember somewhere in this thread there was a link for the old website. Try to search for it.  Wink

Activity: 302

Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com

Activity: 147

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
So you might have just written out the only active developers of the software, may not bode well for continued development.

It is not clear there are any active developers at all. There has been very little done to the code since it surfaced. The relationship between cyptonode (publishing the papers and calling bytecoin their "reference" implementation) and the bytecoin developers is unclear.

No one has been written out. The original developers are welcome to join the Monero effort, anonymously or otherwise. In fact there is no way to know one or more of them haven't already. This is what they should have done in the first place -- viewed their unused and most likely unreleased coin as a testnet and relaunched it once released, not held on the 80% of the testnet coins and expect that to fly as a live network.

In any case, Monero is here, it is successful, and that has and will attract interested and competent developers. The forks of the forks will likely not succeed because they are not alternatives to an 80% premine. At most they are alternatives to minor launch issues affecting a few percent of the coins. That is not enough to matter.

You are certainly welcome to contribute, although in the end it doesn't really matter because useful code developed for any of the forks will be merged.

We can't really answer for the fact that the zerocash guys have an institutional effort behind promoting their work by publishing and circulating papers and speaking at conferences. How that translates in to exposure is somewhat subjective though. ZC may have seemed like a big deal to you because you are highly exposed to that channel. I hadn't even heard of zerocoin until a few months ago despite being somewhat involved with bitcoin since 2011 and highly involved since mid 2013.

We've done everything we can to get the word out about Monero, not just among altcoin speculators but to a wider audience on reddit, twitter, blogs, etc. It is extremely hard to stand out in a world of shitcoins, although we are finally, it seems, starting to have some success in that area. And a month is still very early too. If the word is getting out now, I consider that a success.

anyone know how in the block explorer to see what address the block reward was paid to?
Activity: 246
Concerning how useful this tech is, is there any chance it will be adopted into Bitcoin?
If not the core, how about a side chain?
Putting it in the Bitcoin chain itself is a hard-sell because there is a serious scalability downsize (all the cryptographically strong anonymity techniques break pruning), among other pedestrian reasons.  A side-chain using it seems virtually certain to me, limited more by the deployment of sidechain tech than anything else... even more so than the ZeroCash anonymity design simply because the ring signature approach is so simple by comparison.

But it's all a guess at this stage. Technology progress in Bitcoin is slow— for good reason— and now with the prospect that altcoin pumpers may we well funded to try to disrupt that progress… well, it'll be sad if what kills cryptocurrency isn't competition from traditional financial instruments or authorities but just poisonous behavior between competing systems. :-/

It will be sad indeed.

But I tend to hope for the best, competition is a strong instrument and may (or may not) push the tech centuries ahead, including cryptocurrencies.

I don't know about the "good reason" behind the Bitcoin slow progress. It stuck pretty much where it all began - low anonymity, ASIC problem etc. Popularity is the only thing that keeps Bitcoin afloat.

I bet that if some people took some CN ideas and started to populate it in some super accessible (for masses) way - it would become (eventually, yes) more popular than BTC.

Anywho. For now we're just stuck with BTC monarchy and it's sad. Smiley

Indeed, competition would have an influence on tech progress in cryptos and IMO BTC 'monarchy' will turn into another form of rule
Jump to: