Pages:
Author

Topic: Be safe: READ THIS BEFORE TRADING/BUYING/USING YOUR MONEY - page 23. (Read 291684 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
You forget to add:

-new XXX coin that has no real use, it's a copy-paste with a cute website and, the owner claims it's going to replace bitcoin / skyrocket because x and y.

(only miners that get magic internet money buy this with their new minted money... thus pumping)

Also btc-e-troll-box-speak:

to the moon! : my assets just multiplied 2x, 3x, 5x, i'm selling as fast as i can without plunging the price.

bitcoin crash! /Gox down /bitcoin now illegal : i just sold my bitcoins, at current*1.2 price i want to buy them even cheaper!

X-coin will be in gox: i just bought x
x-coin dropped from gox, plunged, crashing, forked... : i just sold
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Thanks for the news
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
8. Any user blatantly claiming to be female
9. New user trying to sell an Apple iAnything
Thx for the morning laugh.
Other than that excellent job!!!
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
^ Good stuff! Post your schematics of the propulsion system please.  Tongue
Activity: 28
1.000.000 bitcoins needed to build spacecraft.
will send them back with interest when i reach  planet Nibiru

Donations Accepted : 1KeS7fsryzCb1LkrVWscWaug5rqhvFAwuR

Activity: 13
Very helpful post.
Activity: 389
Merit: 250
Jr./Full member is tied to post count, specifically.  That is why the member type alone shouldn't account for much, if anything.  Just today I saw a member who has over 500 posts with an account just 17 days old.  I have been around since Jan 2012 - older than some, not older than others - and have just recently become a full member myself.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Mark,that helps a lot.
But how can i become a full member
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
Since I m on this list.
Please list my exchange as well. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1841315
Activity: 6
Was there talk of an escrow bot? Wouldn't that fix the scamming issue?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
What I find funny is that so many people complain about my trolling yet I'm likely one of the most honest people on this forum...sometimes brutally honest.

But never scammed anyone nor ever intend to.

It is always the self proclaimed saviors that offer x% on your money if you send it to them blah blah blah.

Scammers in my book are the equivalent of PUSSIES who are too afraid to go hack it (no pun intended) on their own. Damn mamma's boys.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 714
I disagree with a few of the points.

0. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's a 100% chance that you will get scammed (or you're a scammer yourself). I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.

100%? NEVER? I trade with newbies all the time. This is a ridiculous stereotype of members here. This is just retarded.

1. New account (usually created within the last 3 months, plus or minus)

No, this correlated with my response to 0.

3. Use of a seemingly realistic first/last name as their forum account name

Look at my name. My username is my First name. Have I ever scammed anyone? No. I use a combination of my First and Last name on some forums. Ridiculous.

4. Signs posts with full name

--Simran Singh

Oh, yeah, cause females don't exist on the internet. Sexist? Probably not, but this is not true.

Please read carefully what he said.

Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER

Seriously, this is the truth. I'm sick and tired of seeing yet another 'zomg Imma got hacked my pants off' thread/PM. Angry

When I was a newbie, I traded with newbies. You just gotta analyze the situation in more depth, because this point is too broad.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225
Away on an extended break

0. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's a 100% chance that you will get scammed (or you're a scammer yourself). I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.

100%? NEVER? I trade with newbies all the time. This is a ridiculous stereotype of members here. This is just retarded.

Look at my name. My username is my First name. Have I ever scammed anyone? No. I use a combination of my First and Last name on some forums. Ridiculous.

--Simran Singh

Oh, yeah, cause females don't exist on the internet. Sexist? Probably not, but this is not true.

Please read carefully what he said.

Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER

Seriously, this is the truth. I'm sick and tired of seeing yet another 'zomg Imma got hacked my pants off' thread/PM. Angry
Activity: 714

--Simran Singh

^^ Listen to this guy. He got 1000 LTC stolen right from his own BTC-E account, so he's definitely the picture of perception and awareness.

And want to know the awesome part? I got 2000 LTC back from the same dude that hacked me. I ain't complaining.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians

--Simran Singh

^^ Listen to this guy. He got 1000 LTC stolen right from his own BTC-E account, so he's definitely the picture of perception and awareness.
Activity: 504
Scammer awareness is a great way to further prevent the issues that have been arising recently. It's becoming such a joke really.

Thanks for this topic, it's a great way for people to realise the environment they're dealing in.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225
Away on an extended break
Point 0 is absolutely correct almost 50% of the time.  You'll agree so if you were getting the mountainous scam report PM's like I get daily...
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

--Simran Singh

Simran, I agree. People are quite stereotypical around here.
Really pisses me off.
Activity: 31
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence
Like all "human sciences rules", those "characteristics" certainly don't intend to be exact (alright, the 100% on newbies is an exaggeration, but to exaggerate is part of the way someone makes others aware of certain dangers), their goal seems to be to raise reservations on certain members based on past experience. Some scammers do adopt female names as a way to better scam men or adopt normal names as nicks trying to inspire trust.
I wouldn't make a list of suspects based only on those "characteristics", out of respect for their reputation, but, from a collective interest perspective, it might be very useful.
Pages:
Jump to: