Pages:
Author

Topic: Beginers dream of becoming a Legendary, and my goal is Hero. - page 4. (Read 1273 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
Your story is a long read but I took my time to read every word
Sorry, this is my vice, I can write a lot and with details when inspiration comes. Smiley

Do you remember when I asked who would reach Sr. Member 1st?

Since this is no longer relevant, maybe we will arrange another challenge: which of us will be the 1st to receive Hero Member? Smiley  At the time of the publication this topic, I lagged behind you on merit, but now you can scold LoyceV&Co for the merit-pack handed over to me. Cheesy

Introduction of the merit made some users give up after failing at getting merits
Absolutely right. As you can see from my story, I also gave up at times. But if look at it now, it turns out that it was a controlled retreat to gain strength. Smiley Take a step back and then take two steps forward. Perhaps a pause for me on the forum then was necessary to rethink. In any case, it turned out the way it happened and I look at it philosophically.

In fact, if you really want to get something, then it can deplete all your strength and you can burn out, drop your hands and give up this goal. Therefore, it is very important, albeit slowly, but to go towards your goal. I posted the "keep walking" picture for a reason.

Edit the OP you now have 306/500.
I planned to reach this bar not earlier than in half a year Smiley  
I will post the current counter in my post once a week since the publication of this topic. This will allow to see the dynamics of changes with an interval of 1 week.

Let’s see if you can make it to hero member before the end of the month.
And you about it. LoyceV  and his friends have already made adjustments to my plan "to go long and slowly towards the cherished goal". Cheesy The achievement of Hero rank by me will happen when it happens. I don't rush things.

Thank you and not only you for comments and positive. It is pleasant and inspires hope for success.

Current status of reaching a Hero rank: 347/500
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1178
Current status of reaching a Hero rank: 334337/500
The amount of merit you get is of course very impressive lately, this may only happen to a few people who have good quality posts regardless of whether it is a new post or an old post that the merit source has just discovered. I think you'll hit 500 merit in the near future if you're passionate enough to create much higher quality posts. For now, congratulations to the members of Sr. Keep your quality.
copper member
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1241
Need a Bounty Manager? t.me/shasan32
Congratulation to you for achieving the rank of the Sr. Member. And base on your current merit you are not so for from being a hero member. Also, I don't think you will stop at the rank of hero. After reaching on hero you will try to be Legendary too.
legendary
keep walking, Johnnie
Good work man, many cannot move from a Newbie rank for years.
I had enough time to rest and gain strength to be active. Smiley

Here's a funny fact, you registered your account just two days after my registration, lol. Happy to see someone still active here after all those years Smiley

You'll be a Legendary in no time Smiley
The fact is that year was peculiar then. I'm sure you know what I mean Smiley
Perhaps I will mention this in my other small digression into the past., the idea of which I have been nurturing for some time.

You got most of your Merit from chimk, who was last active 2 years ago. He was a very active Russian Merit source, so just your luck.

You don't look like a spammer to me, so I don't think Merit should be holding you back like this. You mainly post on boards I don't read, so allow me to dump some Merit on this topic.

Wow, take it easy, LoyceV (the rest too. don't think that I don't see you are on the very top line). You are spoil me with your generosity. Smiley
I'm glad you didn't include me as a spammer because I try to make meaningful posts to the best of my modest ability. Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse. Forgive me for those posts whose quality is lame: sometimes the muse of inspiration leaves me Smiley

Yes, I know who made the biggest contribution to the growth of my account and I remember chimk very well, because it was he who instilled in me the hope of increasing the rank. It was just nice that moment (and now too) from the fact that my post was noticed and noted with merit.
Don't forget, I was just a Member with 2-3 months of experience in shitposting at the time. I didn’t understand at all what the true meaning of bitcointalk was and how to behave, because the quality of my posts was terrible and I’m even ashamed to look at them now. Unfortunately, we are not born with the knowledge and skills of the Legendary: we have to start our journey in life from a newb with the appropriate quality of posts.

Therefore, people, don't get angry once again at newbies if their posts really annoy you. They (not all of course) just don't know what they are doing. It takes time for them to get used to and correctly direct their energy with the help of already more experienced members of the forum. Only you can help them with this.

Of course, it also happens that behind the rank of newb is a person with great experience and skills, which deserves a Legendary. Such very quickly and a lot gain merit here, and if they want to get Legendary, they achieve this. You have seen the embodiment of such examples more than once here.

I digress a little from the topic.

You don't think that if chimk was a merit-source, then he was just handing out merits to everyone left and right. It wasn't like that. At least I would like to consider that I deservedly received these awards and this is not just luck. Smiley He noted only those that corresponded to his worldview and view, the man sincerely believed in the possibilities and the future of bitcoin. I cann't talk for him, but I got such an impression. Those who knew him better correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, I am aware that chimk has been offline for a long time and this makes me sad. Because, as far as I remember from his activity, he was not going to leave the forum, especially after he received merit-source. Chimk took his new duties responsibly, therefore, it seems to me that he stopped appearing here against his will. I don't know what exactly happened, but I have a bad guess. For the same reason that his account has not been active for a long time, I didn't mention chimk in the original post. And, you LoyceV, you are right that you paid attention to this and I still should have mentioned him.

'll say it now: Dear chimk, if you ever see this, I want to express my gratitude for your contribution to bitcointalk and to me personally. Without you, I wouldn't be writing this now.

Since we were talking about him, I wanted to speak out, because I repeat, of course, chimk greatly influenced my attitude towards the forum (this is especially important at the initial stages), even though we never knew each other personally.

In fact, there are many people like chimk who inspired or influenced my views. Everyone, to one degree or another, leaves their mark on the mind. These people, individuals, form the same cryptocommunity of this forum. Therefore, thanks to the entire community, and to you, who read this post, as a part of it. I am grateful to fate / chance that I can also be a part of bitcointalk community.  

I said what I think and what I wanted to say, nothing more.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who was part of this community, but left this forum forever...
Activity: 756
Merit: 629
Nice topic mate!
I think you will achieve your goal without any problems. And I really envy you (although I have more merits right now) because you have almost twice as much activity as mine. Despite the fact that you registered on the forum later than me. Now I regret that I paused few times and was not active on the forum all the time.
In any case, let everything go as it goes and everything has its time. Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
Congrats mate, you did it. Hope you will achieve your goal very soon. I joined this forum after the implementation of the merit system. So I spent a hard time earning merits and I know how it was hard earning merits at the beginning. I didn't imagine I can achieve Legendary within this short time where many users were still newbies even joined before me. However, the forum users appreciate good works, so continue your contribution and improve yourself. Just achieving Hero rank shouldn't be a goal, the goal should improve yourself and contribute to the forum. Then merit will come automatically to ranking up. Best of luck to you.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1150
m2017, congratulations to you. Experience how LoyceV's service bomb makes your party even more festive. LOL
As a longtime member (2017) then you might have managed to rank up to Legendary by now. But that doesn't matter, the quality of your next post will determine the speed at which your rank up. I had a nice ride on this forum as I am a new user after the merit system was introduced. You may never experience a de-rank up from Jr. member to Newbie, but I've been. LOL

Once again enjoy your forum journey and do your best for the quality of your posts.

Edit the OP you now have 306/500. Let’s see if you can make it to hero member before the end of the month.
And now 307. His speed will be affected by the quality of his post, it will be worth the effort he puts in.
Activity: 966
Merit: 701
Your story is a long read but I took my time to read every word and I can feel the honesty and desire to be productive here. Introduction of the merit made some users give up after failing at getting merits, like TheBeardedBaby said, congratulate yourself even though the  merits are coming late. You will be legendary in no time. You post mostly in Russian board maybe you should send a dm to one of Russian board merit source if they have one. I believe you won’t find it difficult to rank to hero member if you can come back after so long and make senior member then there hero will not be impossible to achieve. I’m rooting for you.
Edit the OP you now have 306/500. Let’s see if you can make it to hero member before the end of the month.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
You got most of your Merit from chimk, who was last active 2 years ago. He was a very active Russian Merit source, so just your luck.

You don't look like a spammer to me, so I don't think Merit should be holding you back like this. You mainly post on boards I don't read, so allow me to dump some Merit on this topic.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Good work man, many cannot move from a Newbie rank for years.

Here's a funny fact, you registered your account just two days after my registration, lol. Happy to see someone still active here after all those years Smiley

You'll be a Legendary in no time Smiley
legendary
keep walking, Johnnie
A week ago I got Sr.Member rank. This event surprised me, because I didn't expect it to happen in the near future. Pleasant suddenness - what can I say. Thanks to Quickseller, this moment was brought very close and I am sure that will tell my grandchildren about it Cheesy. Thanks to him and to all those who marked my posts with "merits".

Without all of you, such a pleasant moment for me to receive  Sr.Member would not have come.

The theme of Ratimov [Merit] Help newbies and those who have a little left to the next rank also played an important role. If you have extra merits, then sometimes look into this topic and, perhaps, it is you who will bring closer the joyful moment for someone to receive a new rank.

I met New Era as a Member and remember how upset I was. For as it seemed to me then, I would be stuck in this rank forever. I had to get 100 merits for Full Member, and at that time it was not achievable for me. But I continued to post anyway and eventually found merit in my profile. It stirred me up and encouraged me to act more actively. I wanted, by all means, to get Full Member. My efforts were not in vain and gradually I still managed to do it. This was the 1st step that I was able to climb in the New Era ranking system. In principle, I saw that merits accumulate and theoretically can get Sr.Member if try better. But for some time I began to devote very little time to bitcointalk and stopped at an approximate mark of 170. Of course, I periodically looked at this forum, but for the most part I was passive at the time.

A couple of months ago, I returned to bitcointalk and decided to still reach Sr.Member rank, which I didn't get last time. As you can see, I succeeded, albeit the second time. If I get Senior was quite possible (from 170 to 250 the gap is not so big), then Hero Member seems almost impossible to me (remember, for me Full Member seemed just as unattainable), and Legendary is definitely impossible and something beyond.

In order for me to get Hero, I need to go all the way to the Sr.Member again. But I don't lose heart and will go to this.

Remember the Johnnie Walker's motto?

The path to Hero for me will not be a sprint, but a marathon run - long and slow, so as not to waste all my energy at the beginning of the journey. Fortunately, the other day I already received the 1st merit (251/500) on the way to a new rank.

I think I will not be mistaken if I say that for every forum member, especially a new one, it is very important to get the Legendary rank. Many strive to achieve this - One milestone achieved [Amazing journey to Legendary]. I am no exception either, because I dream of the Legendary in the depths of my soul too. But I soberly assess the situation, and I see that I am not ready for this now and the path to this rank will be long. Look, even Ratimov, with all his uberactivity and over 6k merits and the contribution of his time to the forum, still cannot get a this rank -   6k Merit Club. When is Legendary ? . Cheesy Not surprisingly, getting high ranks turns users off.

Now we have come to the point where we need to clarify why I called the topic " Beginers dream of becoming a Legendary, and my goal is Hero". Now, at this stage, I want to focus on achieving Hero Member. This is the immediate goal, the achievement of which brings me closer to the dream of all beginners - Legendary. Therefore, I broke my path into 2 stages: first Hero, and only then the next rank.

You can reasonably ask me a question, why do I need a Legendary? I think it will be difficult to answer this question briefly and clearly, but I will try. I see the race for rank as a kind of challenge for me, a personal achievement. It is not so much the achievement of the goal that is important here (although it sounds paradoxical, this is also important), but the path that will be passed. Much more important is what changes will occur in me as I move towards the Legendary. This is the path to change in oneself, the path to acquiring something new, new inner qualities and skills. I am sure that change is possible and I feel that it is already happening. After all, have to strive for something, right?

Also, as I move towards the goal and close the milestones, I enjoy this activity. In its own way, this is a kind of fun. Any business is joy if it brings pleasure, isn't it?

That Johnnie again?

My example of getting an Senior rank in New Era is far from the only one, and there are many users who have received a rank on bitcointalk. But I want to show by my example, to beginners, that this is possible with patience, diligence and a little luck. It would be great if this topic helps to motivate newcomers to new personal achievements and then my efforts to write this post will not be in vain. Let's see what happens and how the forum members will appreciate it.

I deserve Hero / Legendary and can I do it? Express your opinion, it is important to me.

Disclaimer: I don't advertise Walker's products and don't encourage you to consume it. I just like their slogan Smiley. Agree, it's inspiring.

Current status of reaching a Hero rank: 252/500
Pages:
Jump to: