Pages:
Author

Topic: Best Ethereum Wallets - page 11. (Read 1512 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 6
April 04, 2020, 02:40:33 AM
MEW used to be the best Ethereum wallets, specially for those we can't afford hardware wallets. And with the split, MyCrypto takes over. I guess we can't categorically call them best wallets, I mean it is still up to us on how to learn how to protect them. We can used the most expensive and sophisticated wallets out there but if we don't practice safe security, our tokens can be hack or stolen by cyber crooks.
MEW has never had a security issue and this wallet is always the first choice for all investors in this market. In addition, I often use the Trust Wallet at my phone for easier management because this is the safest wallet protected by Binance and I have used it for over 1 year.

Of course there are many options for you and should learn to protect your own property.
I think this is one of the biggest news in 2018, Myetherwallet warns that a couple-of its DNS-Servers have been hacked.

So I wouldn't say that there have been no security issues in the past. Although is it still the most widely used wallet for a lot of us, but it is good that we are aware that it could be a target for hackers or scammers.

The announcement did.t mean that MEW itself was hacked, it was the DNS server. While it was announced I was still using MEW with no fear and I never got hacked and till today I, I am still happily using MEW. Perhaps the reason I did not fall into such trap was that I already bookmarked it and there was no cause for me to use a phishing site of MEW.
I can still ascertain that it is of cause one of the best ever.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
April 04, 2020, 02:29:05 AM
I support and used all that are listed in your thread except the online wallet, I never use the online wallet after the many hacking that have happened in the past and I also do not recommend it to all my friends, the best option is the hardware wallet, desktop wallet is also very good provided that you know to secure your desktop from attacks.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 257
April 04, 2020, 02:14:08 AM
For mobile I use 2 wallets up to now namely trust wallet and coinomi, I have installed imtoken, but I feel uncomfortable and finally I uninstalled it. For online wallet I used MEW before installing metamask addons, and now I use metamask more often. Maybe one day I will buy hardwallets so that my assets are safer.
Activity: 665
Merit: 10
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
April 04, 2020, 01:52:47 AM
I like for using desktop wallet like ''Atomic'' again when i use mobile like android phone then i choice coinbase wallet. Even i have no used now hardware wallet because my holding money less. Although i always choose online wallet like myetherwallet because good safty with use easy.
Activity: 28
Merit: 3
April 04, 2020, 01:09:42 AM
I am a frequent mobile user so I am more conversant with trust wallet in particular and then coinomi wallet. Never heard any problems using this two. I strongly recommend them for all ETH transactions and storage.
Yes, both wallets are super easy to use!
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
April 04, 2020, 01:06:33 AM
my opinion best ETH wallet is MEW. MyEther wallet is best secure wallet and very easy way use any user. my second choice metemask also good ETH wallet
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
April 04, 2020, 01:04:46 AM
For me mew is always considered good for eth wallet. It is very convenient. You can also import it on some of the mobile wallets youve mentioned. This is a neat and good guide for eth wallets.

I am not seeing MetaMask.
Is there a problem with that application?
I even input it as an extension into my browser.

Pros in using MEW. Auto log out.
Yeah, damn good for lazy people like me who cannot even press the log out button.  Grin
This is why it is secured. Yeah I didnt see in the list one of the highly secured wallet. Maybe OP forgot to note this, metamask is safe to use, however there are reports of scam activity using browser extension and users must be attentive whenever they are using this.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
April 04, 2020, 12:14:31 AM
For the safest desktop wallet, in my opinion, keep myetherwallet and for Android wallet I use imtoken, as long as I use both, I never find any obstacles.

i heard there are now mew wallet available for android , not sure if there were also for ios/iphone users  but hey you use android wallet as you said so yeah  you can have a single brand of wallet than using other brands  for other platforms/o.s.

i heard im tokenwallet  before and i heard a couple of good feedbacks with it but i think im going to stick and recomend mew more because i was also a long time user of it and never experience any major issue , also i never tried to use imtoken wallet before so thats it .
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
April 03, 2020, 11:50:52 PM
For the safest desktop wallet, in my opinion, keep myetherwallet and for Android wallet I use imtoken, as long as I use both, I never find any obstacles.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
April 03, 2020, 11:35:09 PM
I am not seeing MetaMask.
Is there a problem with that application?
I even input it as an extension into my browser.

Pros in using MEW. Auto log out.
Yeah, damn good for lazy people like me who cannot even press the log out button.  Grin
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
April 03, 2020, 11:22:44 PM
MEW used to be the best Ethereum wallets, specially for those we can't afford hardware wallets. And with the split, MyCrypto takes over. I guess we can't categorically call them best wallets, I mean it is still up to us on how to learn how to protect them. We can used the most expensive and sophisticated wallets out there but if we don't practice safe security, our tokens can be hack or stolen by cyber crooks.
MEW has never had a security issue and this wallet is always the first choice for all investors in this market. In addition, I often use the Trust Wallet at my phone for easier management because this is the safest wallet protected by Binance and I have used it for over 1 year.

Of course there are many options for you and should learn to protect your own property.
I think this is one of the biggest news in 2018, Myetherwallet warns that a couple-of its DNS-Servers have been hacked.

So I wouldn't say that there have been no security issues in the past. Although is it still the most widely used wallet for a lot of us, but it is good that we are aware that it could be a target for hackers or scammers.

Activity: 560
Merit: 13
April 03, 2020, 11:20:15 PM
I would recommend my ether wallet for a safe and secure payment method because only I do have access for my funds also it is probably the popular ethereum web wallet. But it's better to use in hardware wallet rather than using web wallet due to some security concerns.

Also MEW accepts all major hardware wallets which includes ledger, trezor etc. So we need not to worry about the security unless we are using hardware web.

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
Not your keys, not your coins!
April 03, 2020, 09:59:45 PM
I accept that Myetherwallet is the best one for ERC20 tokens but you have to remember that with MEW, there are many ways to backup your wallets, seeds, private key, etc. and there are corresponding different ways to log in your wallets.

From that, my advice will be:
- Try to backup your wallet with as many formats as possible. In case one of formats got issues (stop supports from MEW, in worst case) you will have other ones to use and log in your wallets.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
April 03, 2020, 09:54:24 PM

copper member
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
April 03, 2020, 08:57:06 PM
I don't consider Blockchain.com is safe a crypto wallet cuz it's centralized and you use it with email and password. What happens if they shut down your account? Use a decentralized wallet and you will never worry about account shut down. Aside MEW, MetaMask is one of the best web wallet which you missed. MetaMask is safer than MEW, but MEW gives you more login options, so choose the right wallet according your need.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
April 03, 2020, 08:40:44 PM
You can also use Coinomi wallet on Desktop computers, I already tried to use Coinomi on windows platform at the same time on my Android phone. Since I started to own ethereum, I already using Coinomi since I can use or import/export my keys there from myetherwallet.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 656
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
April 03, 2020, 07:58:17 PM
MEW used to be the best Ethereum wallets, specially for those we can't afford hardware wallets.
Agree, MEW deserves as the best wallet for Ethereum tokens. It may be not the safest one since hard wallets must be better for security. But if we consider the ease and flexibility, MEW is truly the best option. So far, I put all my Ethereum based tokens in MEW and never got bad issues there. To honest, I can say that I am quite satisfied with MEW performance.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
April 03, 2020, 06:58:36 PM
I am mobile user so i am using Trust wallet, yes this wallet very easy to use. My web wallet hacked and i don’t know how but that's not means It's unsafe.       
It looks like you are getting attacked or visiting phishing site and that makes the hacker able to steal or see your privatekey. it's better for you try to use desktop wallet too. Trust wallet is created by binance and that gives a very good guarantee to the users. Just never try to download any suspicious application on your device.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 25
April 03, 2020, 05:45:42 PM
Nice to know,coinomi is good and I like it too and have not been disappointed since using it. Imtoken too is a wallet that I have really being using for some time so far , it is good. Tokens are received immediately it is sent.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 331
DAO MAKER
April 03, 2020, 05:30:03 PM
As a Desktop wallet i am using MyCrypto. On android i am using both - Trust and Enjin wallet, and trust is much more comfortable. In web wallets you forgot about - Metamask, that the wallet i am using the most in general when i am connecting to the Ethereum blockchain.
Pages:
Jump to: