Pages:
Author

Topic: Best/worst places to be in the United States once the USD plummets? - page 5. (Read 4656 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Costa Rica! Manuel Antonio. Beautiful beaches, not too many people, plenty of agriculture, very basic and yet pleasant life.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
Hmm. I wonder what food it would be more beneficial to plant in a limited space garden... what sort of garden would be the most nutritionally complete, and how much space would be required per person?

I might do some research on that.

Heard a guy come on Bloomberg over sirius/xm the other day that is on a liquid diet only, called it soylent, I kid you not. When he mentioned the name I thought that Bloomberg or sirius was running a spoof.
Well, there is a robotics company named Cyberdyne. I'm beginning to think these things are named as jokes.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
Hmm. I wonder what food it would be more beneficial to plant in a limited space garden... what sort of garden would be the most nutritionally complete, and how much space would be required per person?

Heard a guy come on Bloomberg over sirius/xm the other day that is on a liquid diet only, called it soylent, I kid you not. When he mentioned the name I thought that Bloomberg or sirius was running a spoof.

Why on earth they would call it this is beyond me considering the movie and all.... (look up soylent green if you haven't seen the movie.)

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/drink-soylent-and-youll-never-have-to-eat-again
https://campaign.soylent.me/soylent-free-your-body

So what’s in Soylent, exactly?
Everything the body needs – that we know of, anyway – vitamins, minerals and macronutrients like essential amino acids, carbohydrates and fat. For the fat, I just use olive oil and add fish oil. The carbs are an oligosaccharide, which is like sugar, but the molecules are longer, meaning it takes longer to metabolize and gives you a steady flow of energy for a longer period of time, rather than a sugar rush from something like fructose or table sugar. I also add some non-essentials like antioxidants and probiotics and lately have been experimenting with nootropics

Activity: 675
Merit: 514
It's not as complicated as some people might think to grow stuff in your garden.
Potatoes, beans, peas, carrots, etc.
You only have to make sure it doesn't get eaten by rabbits or snails.
I would say places that grow food for humans, that is not that corn crap...
Corn, wheat, oats or rice, in the end it's all grass.

Still, I would prefer to be near where something I can eat is grown...

The mass produced corn isn't really too edible...
If you're careful, and lucky, your back yard can grow enough wheat to feed you. A couple of window gardens with herbs, and maybe an indoor grow room for tomatoes, and you'll be doing OK. Not a very varied diet, but mostly nutritionally complete, if you can get some fish.
Activity: 728

Still, I would prefer to be near where something I can eat is grown...

The mass produced corn isn't really too edible...
Activity: 728
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
This might be a good place to be, if they get it going.

http://www.iiicitadel.com/
Chicago/any of the various heavy gun control cities would be a bad place to be.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Since this is gonna inevitably happen in the next decade, this should be something we should at least be aware of. Where would you want to be if this happens, and where would you most definitely NOT want to be?

Gonna get the obvious ones out of the way first:
Wouldn't want to be in Washington DC.
Would want to be anywhere in the silicon valley, CA. (except for EPA and east San Jose)
Pages:
Jump to: