Pages:
Author

Topic: [BETA] BPIP Extension - user info add-on / extension for Firefox, Chrome, et al - page 16. (Read 7776 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 6871
We can't store it on the server because we don't identify users but we can use local storage (already used for settings). The only problem is that it gets wiped out if you uninstall the extension so it would probably need some sort of backup/export function.

Password is probably not necessary if you don't share the browser with someone else. Using passwords would require some way to reset them etc, so that's a whole other can of worms.

It's an interesting feature for sure but probably not something we could do quickly.

Thanks for answering.
I am not in a hurry, and I could live even with my local storage and manual backup (for start).
I mentioned password just because Vod proposed encryption, and I don't think it's needed so much.

I doubt anyone would be interested to know my thoughts about some members in bitcointalk forum.... but you never know  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
Where would this data be stored?  If local, you need to worry about losing info.  Maybe the extension could encrypt the data before sending it to BPIP?

Maybe some password would be good for this.
This data would not be sensitive or super-secret information, but only short basic text notes reminders regarding specific members.
Now, I can use trust system neutral feedback (that is public), but people started to complain about that also, and I would like to avoid 'war' in forum.

We can't store it on the server because we don't identify users but we can use local storage (already used for settings). The only problem is that it gets wiped out if you uninstall the extension so it would probably need some sort of backup/export function.

Password is probably not necessary if you don't share the browser with someone else. Using passwords would require some way to reset them etc, so that's a whole other can of worms.

It's an interesting feature for sure but probably not something we could do quickly.
legendary
Where would this data be stored?  If local, you need to worry about losing info.  Maybe the extension could encrypt the data before sending it to BPIP?

Maybe some password would be good for this.
This data would not be sensitive or super-secret information, but only short basic text notes reminders regarding specific members.
Now, I can use trust system neutral feedback (that is public), but people started to complain about that also, and I would like to avoid 'war' in forum.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 2939
Licking my boob since 1970
Is it possible to add something like personal notes feedback for members in BPIP extension?

Take this one step further and you can make personal notes about websites, posts, etc.

Where would this data be stored?  If local, you need to worry about losing info.  Maybe the extension could encrypt the data before sending it to BPIP?
legendary
One suggestion/request/question:

Is it possible to add something like personal notes feedback for members in BPIP extension?

(For example, if I want to have private feedback note for specific member, I can write short text that only I can see.)

PS
Thanks LoyceV for suggestion.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1321
Slava Ukraini!
By default Firefox disables extensions in private windows. You can go to about:addons (or Ctrl+Shift+A) and check Run in Private Windows / Allow on the extensions that you want to be available in private mode.

Can't help with Chrome mobile, sorry. There are some Chromium-based mobile browsers that might support extensions (Kiwi I think is one) but if you need to switch browsers that probably doesn't help you.
Thanks, now I have enabled BPIP extension on private window.
And yeah, you're right, installing alternative browser just for extension isn't solution, but nevermind, it's not an issue for me. I can just visit BPIP.org if needed when I'm on mobile Smiley.
legendary
~

~

I believe I fixed this but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with the consistency that I wanted so I'm only about 93% sure about it. Please let me know if you see anything like that happening again.

No need to update the extension, it was a database fix.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 2802
Is it possile to load first DT1s and later DT2s with delay? I waited like a few minues to take a screenshot and upload it and hare it here.

I noticed a slight delay with showing DT2 compared to DT1 badge. I can't clear cache because of many passwords saves to test it again.
nevertheless in the first case when I write the first post, where he really didn't show up noticed only on one user.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18492
You'd be surprised how many users you have on Depth 2!
This extension has made me surprised how many barely coherent bounty spammers are on DT2.
legendary
Interesting, it appeard back after I click the link to see what thread you have posted.
I know it takes a while to show,so that's why I checked with LoyceV's comment and he had the DT1 on the name ( I don't recall seing eddie's DT2 tag tho). I opened Lauda's the profile as well and there was no DT2 sign.
Is it possile to load first DT1s and later DT2s with delay? I waited like a few minues to take a screenshot and upload it and hare it here.

Thanks. I think I know what's going on - it might have to do with the way we do DT1/DT2 updates in the database. This is going to take me a while to reproduce but if I can confirm it - should be easy to fix. Please bear with me.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Is the same here, and I don't distrust Lauda. I have the DT settings ON, and there are not issues with other DT members, at least I haven't notice yet.

I'm assuming it's this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-cult-of-lauda-a-concerned-neighbourhood-cats-trust-list-5098579

It shows "DT2" correctly for me. It takes a while to show up - there are large images on the page and the extension works when the page is idle, so basically after everything else has been loaded.

Could you please press Ctrl-Shift-i, reload the page and let me know if anything shows up in the console log.

Interesting, it appeard back after I click the link to see what thread you have posted.
I know it takes a while to show,so that's why I checked with LoyceV's comment and he had the DT1 on the name ( I don't recall seing eddie's DT2 tag tho). I opened Lauda's the profile as well and there was no DT2 sign.
legendary
Is the same here, and I don't distrust Lauda. I have the DT settings ON, and there are not issues with other DT members, at least I haven't notice yet.

I'm assuming it's this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-cult-of-lauda-a-concerned-neighbourhood-cats-trust-list-5098579

It shows "DT2" correctly for me. It takes a while to show up - there are large images on the page and the extension works when the page is idle, so basically after everything else has been loaded.

Could you please press Ctrl-Shift-i, reload the page and let me know if anything shows up in the console log.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
I think there is a bug when someone distrusts DT member.
For example, I have ~Lauda in my trust list, and extension did not show DT2 badge on his/her profile. After removing "~Lauda" from my trust list, now I can see DT badge regularly.

It can't possibly be related to your trust list. The extension doesn't know who you are and whom you trust/distrust. If you notice this happening again please check if "Show DefaultTrust position" is turned on in extension settings and if it is - let me know which browser you're using so that we could debug this further.

Is the same here, and I don't distrust Lauda. I have the DT settings ON, and there are not issues with other DT members, at least I haven't notice yet.  (don't get confused, I've disabled the avatars Smiley

Interesting, she is on my DT2. Here's a rating >
legendary
For example, I have ~Lauda in my trust list, and extension did not show DT2 badge on his/her profile. After removing "~Lauda" from my trust list, now I can see DT badge regularly.

It can't possibly be related to your trust list. The extension doesn't know who you are and whom you trust/distrust. If you notice this happening again please check if "Show DefaultTrust position" is turned on in extension settings and if it is - let me know which browser you're using so that we could debug this further.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
I see the DT status of people excluded in my list, the extension shouldn't care about the trust list at all... just queries BPIP for whatever profile is being accessed... does it consistently have this behavior if you re-exclude Lauda, or was it just a glitch?
legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 16303
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Is this a bug or a feature? If it's a bug, the user's custom Trust list shouldn't be read by the extention at all.
If it's a feature, it might be nice to expand it with a personal Trust depth view: additional to showing who's on DT1/2, it can also show the recursive implications of the user's custom Trust list.
You'd be surprised how many users you have on Depth 2!
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 2802
Lauda is DT2 https://bpip.org/profile.aspx?id=101872

legendary
Thank you for making BPIP extension, especially for Firefox. It's very needed thing. Just little question, why it doesn't works using private window on Firefox?
Also, I spend lot of time on Bitcointalk using Chrome mobile browser. Is it possible somehow to use it on Chrome mobile? As I understand, Chrome extensions is only available on desktop version.
I know that I can use it on Firefox mobile, but personally I prefer Chrome mobile version, it's more convenient for me.

By default Firefox disables extensions in private windows. You can go to about:addons (or Ctrl+Shift+A) and check Run in Private Windows / Allow on the extensions that you want to be available in private mode.

Can't help with Chrome mobile, sorry. There are some Chromium-based mobile browsers that might support extensions (Kiwi I think is one) but if you need to switch browsers that probably doesn't help you.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1321
Slava Ukraini!
Thank you for making BPIP extension, especially for Firefox. It's very needed thing. Just little question, why it doesn't works using private window on Firefox?
Also, I spend lot of time on Bitcointalk using Chrome mobile browser. Is it possible somehow to use it on Chrome mobile? As I understand, Chrome extensions is only available on desktop version.
I know that I can use it on Firefox mobile, but personally I prefer Chrome mobile version, it's more convenient for me.
legendary
~

Thanks, I'll modify it to not make the assumption that the links are always formatted the old way. Sadly I can't send you any more merits due to the pesky 50 merit limit.
Pages:
Jump to: