Pages:
Author

Topic: [BETA] BPIP Extension - user info add-on / extension for Firefox, Chrome, et al - page 9. (Read 7827 times)

legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
What do you think about adding something like ticker or info for Bitcoin mempool and fees?

There is one extension showing this for ethereum called Ethereum Gas Price Extension but I can't find anything similar for Bitcoin.

Block Cypher provides Current Fee Estimates via API over yonder:  https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/

They also have other coins e.g. ETH:

... and other coins too:

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I know it's not directly connected with BPIP, but it is something I would like to see and I don't know where else to ask  Smiley

I'm not opposed to stuff that's not related to BPIP... added quite a few such features in the last release and TryNinja added his stuff in the upcoming release. I'll check it out. Thanks for the idea.

Some more suggestions: Suchmoon already have a really nice script for reporting (i'll find a link if you don't remember), if you can please add it to the extension, it will be cool.

Yes, I'm planning to put that in at some point. Need to find a way to make it (1) not too easily abused/misused, and (2) customizable enough so that users could add their own predefined comments.

- your report history: for those who have access to it

That's already there under "Rules and regulations".

- your IP retention (log history)

It's available in user profile, so not too far compared to the "More" menu. I'll think about it.

- The overview of all your threads  
- Modlog
- Seclog

Modlog and seclog could be added... but I'm also linking to this thread: Hidden pages/ features on the forum, which has those links and a lot more. I need to find a balance between what's worth hardcoding in the extension and how big that list of links should grow. But modlog and seclog seem important enough.

... I will come up with more suggestions if you like my idea. I had more on my mind but I cannot recall them now.

Sure, keep it coming.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
I just install the alpha test version and It's amazing!
Some more suggestions: Suchmoon already have a really nice script for reporting (i'll find a link if you don't remember), if you can please add it to the extension, it will be cool.
In the extended More menu you can add those features that have no direct button like:

- your report history: for those who have access to it
- your IP retention (log history)
- The overview of all your threads 
- Modlog
- Seclog

... I will come up with more suggestions if you like my idea. I had more on my mind but I cannot recall them now.

I'll try to find the links for the above suggestion. I have them bookmarked on my PC so when I get my hand on it I'll add some more Smiley

I love the Dark silver theme, I love the top threads in the past 120 days, I just love all of those little changes and info's you guys have added and done. I can't wait to come back to my normal mode after the new year and start reporting again with full power.... soon Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
What do you think about adding something like ticker or info for Bitcoin mempool and fees?

There is one extension showing this for ethereum called Ethereum Gas Price Extension but I can't find anything similar for Bitcoin.
I know there are websites like mempool.space and jochen-hoenicke.de showing mempool and fee info but it would be interesting to have this shown in a ticker something similar like this for example:

You would have to click on ticker and you have more detailed information.

I know it's not directly connected with BPIP, but it is something I would like to see and I don't know where else to ask  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
I could also make a translation for the Russian community to help spread this extension (just so far I see only 48 installations).
I made a review for the Russian-speaking audience and added something from myself.

Quoting feedback looks great, I've used this feature several times already. It would be great if the default bbcode was copied using [2xhr] (as shown in the second example). And I noticed that when using Google Translate, the feedback will be copied to the clipboard by default, in the language you are using, (Example 3).

Cyrus    2014-06-15        Our forum admin. A stand up guy. Also, Happy Birthday (noticed the cake on your profile).

Vod    2020-11-05    Reference    Do not trust this account should it ever post again.

Cyrus    2014-06-15        Aдмин нaшeгo фopyмa. Cтoйкий пapeнь. Пoздpaвляю c Днeм Poждeния (зaмeтил тopт в пpoфилe).
legendary
Chrome version has been bumped up to 2.1.7 to fix an issue with quoting from locked threads. My fault for not testing it properly and thanks to TryNinja for catching and fixing it. Make sure to update if you're having trouble with the quotes.

Seems that BPIP extension on my Firefox got updated recently. I just want to appreciate what you're doing - BPIP is one of the best community projects. And now with integration of Loyce.club and later Ninjastic.space it becomes even better. And big thanks for adding user-friendly way to quote from locked topics. This thing was really needed.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
Seems that BPIP extension on my Firefox got updated recently. I just want to appreciate what you're doing - BPIP is one of the best community projects. And now with integration of Loyce.club and later Ninjastic.space it becomes even better. And big thanks for adding user-friendly way to quote from locked topics. This thing was really needed.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Thanks for the opportunity to work with you two. Smiley

People, feel free to suggest more features (even missing ones from the website) and PM me.
legendary
A new test version is available: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53812980

TryNinja implemented some cool features using Ninjastic.space APIs.

Details here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53812982
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
As far now the extension is working smooth to me. There is no doubt that it is giving us a new dimension. I am very satisfied by using it. Previously I need to visit bpip, loycev.clab site manually but now I can manage all things during browsing.

btw I have something to suggest, about the feedback quote link copy. In this version when I click on the trust/feedback link copy/quote icon, can not see any confirmation that the link is copied or not. So what will if we can see a pop up text there that ''link copied'' or something like that?

Great idea, but I would prefer that there was no pop-up text, but the most common check mark [✔️].

Out of smerit for a long time now, I hope someone will send from me Wink stay safe all of you guys (and girls)!
Done! Just for such a case, I had 1 merit in reserve Wink TheBeardedBaby correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the merit source?
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
As far now the extension is working smooth to me. There is no doubt that it is giving us a new dimension. I am very satisfied by using it. Previously I need to visit bpip, loycev.clab site manually but now I can manage all things during browsing.

btw I have something to suggest, about the feedback quote link copy. In this version when I click on the trust/feedback link copy/quote icon, can not see any confirmation that the link is copied or not. So what will if we can see a pop up text there that ''link copied'' or something like that?

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
At any rate, Mozilla seems to be very intent to kill Firefox if you look at the latest Play Store reviews so I won't be putting too much effort into it. Once the dust settles and there is a clear path to make the extension work in the long run - maybe.
So full add on support for Android Firefox is in the pipeline. However, you can use any add on you like right now on Android with a bit of a workaround.

First of all, you need to download Firefox Nightly, which is essentially the alpha developer version.
Direct link: https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/channel/desktop/
Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.fenix

You then need to go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/collections/, click "Log in to view your collections", create an account, and then create a new collection with a unique name. Search for all the add ons you want to use, and add them to your collection, BPIP included. Make a note of the unique name you gave the collection, and the 8 digit number in the URL.

Open your Firefox Nightly app, go to settings, scroll to the bottom and select "About Firefox Nightly", and tap the Firefox logo five times until you get a pop up saying "Debug menu enabled".
Go back to settings, scroll down to "Advanced" and select "Custom Add-on Collection".
Enter the 8 digit number from above in the "Collection owner (User ID)" field, and the name you gave your collection in the "Collection Name" field, and hit OK.
The app will apply the changes and then shut down.
Relaunch the app, go to add ons, and you will see all the add ons from your collection listed. Tap the plus sign next to each one to install.

I can confirm that the BPIP extension works just fine using the above steps.

I want to confirm that this is working like a charm. Thank you very much for this wonderful workaround. It's amazing. Out of smerit for a long time now, I hope someone will send from me Wink stay safe all of you guys (and girls)!
legendary
Keep in mind that this setting hides forum's "Merit: NNNN", so it probably makes sense to use it only together with the "Show earned merits" setting, otherwise you would just not see any merits in user info.
Correct, I have already skipped that ''Hide user's "airdropped" merits: setting. In the future, if I try I will follow your suggestions here.

btw custom themes are also beautiful. I am looking for more cool themes that bring the forum main structure also will protect our eyes much.
legendary
Which merits actually will be counted as airdropped merits?
Airdropped Merit is what all users with a rank above Jr. Member received when theymos introduced the Merit system, in order to keep their current rank. I received 1000 at that time, LoyceMobile got none.
Oh, I got it now. I also think about it. but was not sure. Also, one thing that came to my mind that, it could be also when theymos send some merits for any contest,(example: 10th-anniversary contest), also merits from some merit giveaway thread on beginner sections, etc. Now it's clear to me. Thank you.

Keep in mind that this setting hides forum's "Merit: NNNN", so it probably makes sense to use it only together with the "Show earned merits" setting, otherwise you would just not see any merits in user info.

Probably not the best wording there, since it hides the merit number even if the user doesn't actually have any airdropped merits. Will tweak it in some future version.

[...]

Thanks. I saw that but didn't dare to try it or to suggest to anyone.
legendary
Airdropped Merit is what all users with a rank above Jr. Member received when theymos introduced the Merit system, in order to keep their current rank. I received 1000 at that time, LoyceMobile got none.
Oh, I got it now. I also think about it. but was not sure. Also, one thing that came to my mind that, it could be also when theymos send some merits for any contest,(example: 10th-anniversary contest), also merits from some merit giveaway thread on beginner sections, etc. Now it's clear to me. Thank you.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
At any rate, Mozilla seems to be very intent to kill Firefox if you look at the latest Play Store reviews so I won't be putting too much effort into it. Once the dust settles and there is a clear path to make the extension work in the long run - maybe.
So full add on support for Android Firefox is in the pipeline. However, you can use any add on you like right now on Android with a bit of a workaround.

First of all, you need to download Firefox Nightly, which is essentially the alpha developer version.
Direct link: https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/channel/desktop/
Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.fenix

You then need to go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/collections/, click "Log in to view your collections", create an account, and then create a new collection with a unique name. Search for all the add ons you want to use, and add them to your collection, BPIP included. Make a note of the unique name you gave the collection, and the 8 digit number in the URL.

Open your Firefox Nightly app, go to settings, scroll to the bottom and select "About Firefox Nightly", and tap the Firefox logo five times until you get a pop up saying "Debug menu enabled".
Go back to settings, scroll down to "Advanced" and select "Custom Add-on Collection".
Enter the 8 digit number from above in the "Collection owner (User ID)" field, and the name you gave your collection in the "Collection Name" field, and hit OK.
The app will apply the changes and then shut down.
Relaunch the app, go to add ons, and you will see all the add ons from your collection listed. Tap the plus sign next to each one to install.

legendary
Some of the settings are off by default. You can check the settings by clicking on the extension icon in the toolbar - in Chrome you may need to click the little puzzle-piece-shaped icon and then the blue "i" in a circle.
Great, I got it now. And already changed/activated some more features. It's really amazing. And one more thing I want to know about the feature ''Hide user's "airdropped" merits:'' Which merits actually will be counted as airdropped merits? I could not get it correctly.

Edit: Thank you for clarifying it to me. Smiley
legendary
Btw what I have seen in some posts with the screenshot by bpip extension user, I can see there If I visit someone profile then I can see his/her bpip rank, DT level, etc. I can not see it now. I have missed something to try the latest version? I have downloaded it from here >

Some of the settings are off by default. You can check the settings by clicking on the extension icon in the toolbar - in Chrome you may need to click the little puzzle-piece-shaped icon and then the blue "i" in a circle.

Edited 2020-11-30 to fix a broken image
legendary
This is my first time using this BPIP Extention. I know about it before but did not try to use it. Today I install the latest version. It's working smoothly and there is no doubt that those who are behind of this BPIP Extention are done a lot of hard works to build it. Thanks to them.

Btw what I have seen in some posts with the screenshot by bpip extension user, I can see there If I visit someone profile then I can see his/her bpip rank, DT level, etc. I can not see it now. I have missed something to try the latest version? I have downloaded it from here >

Pages:
Jump to: